Civic EG - Exhaust & Mods Advice needed

TheSquee

Known Member
Jul 22, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Got good suspension most bushing already change , but tyre change ( dad change when he bought me the car) to pirelli p6 which is.. a very normal tyre currently waiting for it to botak to change..

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004

leachuan

Known Member
Jan 6, 2007
Klang
Im using B16A (M) with 2" pipe bent by normal exhaust shop and a straight flow muffler. Damn noisy. Any setting to get a quiet and powerful, prefer low end torque for pickups.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
try the mugen twin loop muffler or spoon street muffler

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
most B16A runners prefer 2.3"

but my ex-B16A EF was using 2" only....

TheSquee

Known Member
Jul 22, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Currently my car is a sitting duck , my auto gearbox screwed up.

m24a gearbox paired with my b16a ( big vtec )

i was wondering why i see many people said that b16a auto tranny can take a lot of trashing and somehow mind just screwed itself over - reverse gear can't engage car revs freely and not move - D4 in 4th gear starts to slip..

my friend said that it's best i convert to a manual now but the price quoted was RM3800 for all the parts needed for the conversion excluding workmanship the gearbox is a japanese halfcut S4C gearbox (non-lsd)

pretty curious is this very over priced ? is there somewhere i can do it for cheaper but good workmanship.. PJ/KL area..

on another note , my dad said change to another auto gearbox due to the price :thefinger: my life. my dad doesn't wanna spend so much to do the conversion.. so yeah but i just wanna find out the pricing for the conversion.

and is there any more durable auto gearbox for b16 that is PnP?

should i get a atf cooler for my next gbox?

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
i think u should find cheaper manual gearboxes...mebbe those from B16A EGs. (Y21 if not mistaken) get those without LSD would be cheaper i think...not too sure about pricing.

LSD can be added later on.

kaderAE101

Known Member
Mar 6, 2010
K.L / Ampang
Hey sifu sifu :wavey::wavey:

i need advice on exhaust setup and where to get it done..

currently running a b16a AUTO ( lame i know , no money change to manual YET )
standard mods : open pod , sparks , plug cables , etc..

Hi Bro

Wat spark plug u mod u ? U mean irdium cold plugs ? Which heat range ? IK 16 ?

TheSquee

Known Member
Jul 22, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
what's a good upgrade for performance in terms of pick up that is below 1000 ? intake mani and oversized TB ? b16a right now stock except what i have mentioned above.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys, if I have budget around 2k, what kind of semibucket seat can I get ? FYI, Im driving a Satria GTi,so what do you guys think suitable seat around that price tag ?

Do you guys think its better to go for those replicas but brand new or original but secondhand ones ?

I was thinking of Recaro Evo 2 or 3,since original GTi Recaro Njoy is hard to find nowadays, u think suitable or not for GTi ? Does the rear seat able to fit Satria GTi ?

And of course it has to come with railing and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience