Civic EG - Exhaust & Mods Advice needed

TheSquee

Jul 22, 2010
Got good suspension most bushing already change , but tyre change ( dad change when he bought me the car) to pirelli p6 which is.. a very normal tyre currently waiting for it to botak to change..

mADmAN

leachuan

Jan 6, 2007
Im using B16A (M) with 2" pipe bent by normal exhaust shop and a straight flow muffler. Damn noisy. Any setting to get a quiet and powerful, prefer low end torque for pickups.

mADmAN

try the mugen twin loop muffler or spoon street muffler

mADmAN

most B16A runners prefer 2.3"

but my ex-B16A EF was using 2" only....

TheSquee

Jul 22, 2010
Currently my car is a sitting duck , my auto gearbox screwed up.

m24a gearbox paired with my b16a ( big vtec )

i was wondering why i see many people said that b16a auto tranny can take a lot of trashing and somehow mind just screwed itself over - reverse gear can't engage car revs freely and not move - D4 in 4th gear starts to slip..

my friend said that it's best i convert to a manual now but the price quoted was RM3800 for all the parts needed for the conversion excluding workmanship the gearbox is a japanese halfcut S4C gearbox (non-lsd)

pretty curious is this very over priced ? is there somewhere i can do it for cheaper but good workmanship.. PJ/KL area..

on another note , my dad said change to another auto gearbox due to the price :thefinger: my life. my dad doesn't wanna spend so much to do the conversion.. so yeah but i just wanna find out the pricing for the conversion.

and is there any more durable auto gearbox for b16 that is PnP?

should i get a atf cooler for my next gbox?

mADmAN

i think u should find cheaper manual gearboxes...mebbe those from B16A EGs. (Y21 if not mistaken) get those without LSD would be cheaper i think...not too sure about pricing.

LSD can be added later on.

kaderAE101

Mar 6, 2010
K.L / Ampang
Hey sifu sifu :wavey::wavey:

i need advice on exhaust setup and where to get it done..

currently running a b16a AUTO ( lame i know , no money change to manual YET )
standard mods : open pod , sparks , plug cables , etc..

Hi Bro

Wat spark plug u mod u ? U mean irdium cold plugs ? Which heat range ? IK 16 ?

TheSquee

Jul 22, 2010
what's a good upgrade for performance in terms of pick up that is below 1000 ? intake mani and oversized TB ? b16a right now stock except what i have mentioned above.

Guys, if I have budget around 2k, what kind of semibucket seat can I get ? FYI, Im driving a Satria GTi,so what do you guys think suitable seat around that price tag ?

Do you guys think its better to go for those replicas but brand new or original but secondhand ones ?

I was thinking of Recaro Evo 2 or 3,since original GTi Recaro Njoy is hard to find nowadays, u think suitable or not for GTi ? Does the rear seat able to fit Satria GTi ?

And of course it has to come with railing and...