CIVIC 1.7 VTEC (A) RS LIMITED EDITION or CIVIC 1.7 VTEC (A)

dreamer_vi

Known Member
CIVIC 1.7 VTEC (A) RS LIMITED EDITION or CIVIC 1.7 VTEC (A) is better??
can anyone give me the details or spec bout these 2
in term of peformance, comfort, price and etc........

1.7 RS is normally JDM comes with ori skirtings, spoiler, sunroof, better seats, CVT GB (auto) or a 5MT. rear brake disks

1.7 VTEC is normally malaysian made with no skirting except for the RX edition. GB is normal 4AT. absolutely no sunroof. rear disk brake for the facelifted model.

price-wise i think the RS is a bit expensive but there is no difference of power between the two. same engine but different GB only.

IMHO try searching for the limited edition RX 2.0 that were on sale starting from 2005 if not mistaken... only 150 units though... i think u can have better answers if you go to teames.org

i can suggest you buy i-vtec 2.0, because both of it also will make you regret.
when the time wira 1.5 beside you also can tapau you... then you know why already.

The 1.7VTEC is not as fast as you think.
If you want to be fast, get the 2.0 I-VTEC or better still, a DC5

2.0 Ivtec or DC5... what is your budget actually dreamer? if you must buy the 1.7, buy the facelifted version... really comfy one of my uncles driving one. nice car i must say but not to be used for racing la...

try it your self, i did try with my friend 1.7 vtec with my 1.6 gli wira.
i belive 1.5 is enough to do that .. maybe is the way my friend driving incorrectly.
hope this will not let all the honda 1.7 vtec buy killer to kill me ..
any way... it is still a nice car , i planning to buy it 3 month ago, because it is really
comfort and good looking car.. but.. dun expect the car engine will let you flying onthe road..

u buy 2.0Ivtec and tapau by a 1.7+GReedy emanage, u will even more disappointed.hahhaha....

actually u dun need to worry about being tapau, u buy a bmw also u might being tapau by wira turbo. just enjoy the car, this is not a sport car, it bound to be slower than some other car...i got one 05 1.7 ES, i enjoy it cos it safe..i feel secure driving it compare to perodua and proton car...it got 2 air bag, abs, brake assist, ebd...

the facelifted version and the old version got any different in term of comfy??
i thought they r same

in terms of comfort i think both should be the same... but in terms of specifications and cosmetic... the pre-facelifted model is less attractive

Yeah...its a handsome looking car. But performance wise is debatable..
Performance in comfort - Yes.
Performance as of acceleration etc in standard form... - So so.

By the way, it's running a D-series engine, am I right? SOHC configuration?

Last edited:
Buy CF4 better. Faisal wanna sell his car!. kekeke

1.7... a SOHC VTEC engine that switches from 12V to 16V mode... no highcam as in B series.

but ask urself first what u really want... a comfortable ride with OK power or a comfortable ride with high power...

from my point of view... it is quite reasonable to get the 1.7 but if possible get the face-lifted version

heh... aja... not using my car for quite some time but not selling it la hehe

Top Bottom