Hello Guest! Log in or Sign up for a full experience & ad-free!

Cheapest meal/drinks you can get in the past

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

simplythebest

1,500 RPM
Nothing to do, just create this for fun.

Just post the price and the meal where you eat last time, in school, coffeeshop or bla bla bla.

Price differ from year to year, doesn't matter just state the cheapest.

These prices below are before and after 10 years. Meaning now and 10 years back.

Primary School

Syrup: 20 cents (small), 30 cents (big)
Curry/Cintan Mee: 30 cents (small), 50 cents (big)
Nasi Lemak: RM 0.30
Roti Canai: RM 0.50

Coffeeshop (This is the coffee shop nearby my place :tongue: ) I and the Char Kuey Teow boss, also the boss of the coffee shop, kam cheng very good, always kacau me whenever I pass by his shop, hahahaha. Whack his fried kuey teow for more than 10 years liao. :rock:

Pan Min: RM 1.50 | Now RM 3.00
Chicken Rice: RM 1.50 | RM 3.50
Prawn Mee: RM 1.50 | RM 2.50
Laksa: RM 1.50 | RM 2.50
Char Kuey Teow: RM 1.50 | RM 3.30
Chinese Tea: RM 0.30 (Last time after football game, always tahpao chinese tea only 30 cents damn cheap, one time tahpao 7-8 packets) Now? you tahpao the fella extra charge you 20 cents. Now the price should be RM 0.50.

I used to only drink chinese tea at coffeeshops last time, so other drinks prices I don't know. Hahhahaa :tongue:

Anyone got cheaper meal? :tongue:

:rock:

You can also post the most expensive meal you have ever eaten in coffeeshops, 5 star hotel those not included.

My most expensive meal is Chap Fan (Economy Rice). The shop opposite lowyat, before is a coffee shop. Ask the boss to add rice, my hand itchy go and scoop this and that, it doesn't look much to me, at that time my perut 'grrrrr grrrrr'. That when I whack the food halfway, then I only notice took abit too much liao, but still can finish all kilat kilat. :rock:

RM 7.90

Last edited:
one packet of soya bean is 50cent, now rm1.20

one cup of syrup is 20cent,curry puff also 50cent.

petrol rm1.10/liter plus free gift

mayb my generation different.

cheapest meal i had before:

RM2.00 wan tan mee.
RM0.20 chinese tea tapao lagi.
Free rice (eat n refill) in restaurant. ( still got now )

most expensive
RM9 Mamak Nasi briyani with a chicken . ( freaks me out )

seriously i cant remember the prices for foods/drinks last 10 years.

But i think in some places the price is still cheap. Go to shah alam section 2 near uitm, RM3 can buy nasi goreng pattaya,nasi goreng ayam, all kind of nasi goreng la. If nasi campur also around that price only, and confirm kenyang wan. Drinks like teh o ais, limau ais, sirap ais RM1 only

when i was a lil' kid in 1987, a roti canai costs 30cents, i go to school with 50cents, nasi lemak 30cents and iced syrup 10cents. another 10cents buy "tikam" after school :)

Nasi Lemak 50sen in 1992/93 on roadside...nowdays the cheapest also RM1 already...

way back during my primary school days 1985-1990

nasi lemak -the smallest plate=20 sen
nasi lemak -the biggest plate with telur rebus sebiji-50 sen
sirap/oren in a cup-10 sen
kuih-10 sen

20 years back dude... in 1985 Wall's Conetto was priced at 90 sen.
coke in 285ml glass bottle was priced 60 sen.mamee still around 20 sen but dem big way back then.

: )

THe most Expensive Drumstick i hv ate before
in Genting Highland..Cost me RM5 ringgit!!

Darn it..!

Last edited:
the most expensive thing i ever ate is sweet & sour chicken tht cost 30 dollar AUD!!!! really shock tht time...almost pokai...and at china street again in melboune.

gloss said:
mayb my generation different.

cheapest meal i had before:

RM2.00 wan tan mee.
RM0.20 chinese tea tapao lagi.
Free rice (eat n refill) in restaurant. ( still got now )

most expensive
RM9 Mamak Nasi briyani with a chicken . ( freaks me out )

Nasi Briyani damn cun, hari raya or friend's marriage kenduri they serve Nasi Briyani with rendang, and also ketupat, and also the one where indians sell the one like 'mee hoon' but in round shape, you eat with brown sugar and coconut, i don't know what is that called liao, they usually sell using motorbike, hehehehehhe.

But very oily lare, but I still think that Nasi Kandar more cun, rice with curry is one of my favourite. :rock:

Your Nasi Briyani + 1 chicken only RM 9? expensive sial. :thumpdown

If you take the rice, chicken, vege and prawn sambal still ok lare.

my cheapest meal in recent times?

a bowl of real-deal mee hoon soup for 50 cents in a stall in kuala terengganu!

i even asked the price twice in case i heard it wrong.

thteh86 said:
and dun u guys find the old mamee a lot more nicer than now? 20 cent times so much better than now

EXACTLY !! and now it is more difficult to find the curry flavour..maybe they ditch it..

alexz said:
when i was a lil' kid in 1987, a roti canai costs 30cents, i go to school with 50cents, nasi lemak 30cents and iced syrup 10cents. another 10cents buy "tikam" after school :)

OH YEA!!! itu dia, TIKAM...

hahahahaha... long time didnt buy also... now still got? price increase to RM0.2 per tikam? tempting... :biggrin:

btw, wat i have done recently is, bergoyang-goyang go into 7-11 and buy TORA and DING-DONG...

not sure the price already, forget liow... last time wanna buy, also have to save up few days of pocket $$$, now can buy and throw ppl... damn syok then paying at counter... last time when paying, wanna T_T, cause no more money left...

:biggrin:

Online now

Search

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom