Chapter closes for NSX after 14 years

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

ace79

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2004
yes, it is sad to know that NSX is being discontinued..being the leader of it's times..let's hope the replacement is better...12,000 rpm perhaps? ekekekeke...

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
the car that was developed in recognition of ayrton senna's formula 1 championship wins. the late great ayrton senna actually was the man behind the development and testing of this car till he was involved in a fatal track accident.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
the NSX is too expensive lar... no one will pay for the car where u can purchase a porsche with the same amount of money...
plus, its Honda... in western country especially england, they classified Honda as senior citizen car... where most of Honda's to them, doesnt look cool...
anyway, if to compare among other japanese car manufacturer, the NSX is one of the only supercar produced in eastern that can match with european supercar... that's why we hail the NSX so much...

moe6

Known Member
Mar 1, 2005
PJ
Visit site
not one of the only. It is the only mass manufactured Japanese car in the Supercar bracket. Skylines etc don't count :p.

besides, the only thing I care about is the fact that most NSX owners bought the car because it's an NSX and not because "I want to be like everyone else and buy a Porsche/Ferrari/etc!" :).

but that's sad news on the NSX :(. Now lets hope Honda gets the replacement out before Toyota's new abomination (and first proper sports car, nevermind first supercar, from them since the Supra) is out :p. Not very surprising, the NSX did outlive alot of cars from it's era :). the last Type R edition keeps up with newer ones too lol.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Supercar my backside. And everyone else has a Porsche/Ferrari, Really?

There is a fundamental reason why it isn't very popular. The Skylines on the other hand...

AE80TypeD

1,500 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Puchong
Visit site
moe6 said:
but that's sad news on the NSX :(. Now lets hope Honda gets the replacement out before Toyota's new abomination (and first proper sports car, nevermind first supercar, from them since the Supra) is out :p. Not very surprising, the NSX did outlive alot of cars from it's era :). the last Type R edition keeps up with newer ones too lol.
yeah, we'll see how the abomination fares out. what a sore comment.

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
my neighbour got one NSX...evry morning wake up,look at the red beauty...stim~!!

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
si|verfish said:
Supercar my backside. And everyone else has a Porsche/Ferrari, Really?

There is a fundamental reason why it isn't very popular. The Skylines on the other hand...
I have seen a NSX let fly (high rpm). this alone help me to think its within that bracket despite the 'civicness' interior ;)

no, not even a supra nor skyline is in that category. why it did not sell that well despite good reviews. ~ badge snub & civic looking interiors.

Last edited:

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
You see, the Skyline doesn't look like your average supercar but it performs like one, which is always good AND it doesn't try too hard to be something it isn't. Which is what the NSX was always trying to do, being a Ferrari (isn't even worth trying).

Badge is very very important when it comes to these sort of cars. So is the interior when you are paying that much money. In other words, Honda got the supercar formula wrong.

ace79

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2004
Oopppsss...

si|verfish said:
You see, the Skyline doesn't look like your average supercar but it performs like one, which is always good AND it doesn't try too hard to be something it isn't. Which is what the NSX was always trying to do, being a Ferrari (isn't even worth trying).

Badge is very very important when it comes to these sort of cars. So is the interior when you are paying that much money. In other words, Honda got the supercar formula wrong.
not to start a flame war here..but I have seen one of Best Motoring's Supercar Tests : newest NSX - R vs Ferrari 360 Modena ( it's the Competizione version for the road, the one with diff wheels, got body stripes and the revamped F1 gearbox ) vs Porsche Turbo vs Lambo and 2 - 3 more supercars. The end result : NSX - R was 1st after the ( i forgot how many laps, 5, 7, 8? ) Do learn more about the NSX and Honda' s mentality 1st. When the 1st NSX - R came out in the rear..forgot liao..it was the best in it's class. The idea is to decrease weight, retune chassis and suspension components and little bit of extra BHP, with red full bucket Recaros and Momo steering : get the idea that Honda was trying to push out? And Nissan Skyline GT - R? Please, until the recent R34, it's still from a standard Nissan ( add HICAS, 4WD, wider arches etc ), Nissan's idea is taking a standard car and retune it to become the powerful GT - R, while Honda's idea was purely sportscar. And the looks : NSX with that extremely wide shoulders, really low stance..while GT - R is wide, but big, long and seems a bit bulky compared to the latter, right? You should ask around the pro's, between GT - R and a NSX - R, which one is better? I think it'll be the NSX - R..summore, no need turbo still can achieve standard Japan's 280 bhp...whilst the GT - R requires two turbos. A turbo'ed standard NSX would run rings over the GT - R at Nurburgring, no, a standard NSX - R would still run rings over the GT -R at Nurburgring...ekekekeke...But for a simple joe like me, dun say NSX - R or GT - R, any car would do fine for me!

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
si|verfish said:

I do believe the story was when NSX first came out it ruffled everyone esp ferrari president! He even challeged their engineers (they all knew the NSX was way better than any ferrari then esp 348s.)

Since then ferrari evolved to be better, way better and left everyone (inclu honda NSX, Lambo) and has been a benchmark for offering more then just lust appeal but REAL reliability. (well, at least less months in the garrages) :)

ps.thats was written on reports on the new rise of ferrari after enzo.

links

1,500 RPM
May 26, 2004
ace79,

dont fully believe the Best Motoring. There were race drivers criticise this show is very "Big Japanese"...firstly is they critise the drivers usually didnt maximise the power of non-japanese cars..especially on the straight...and then using touch up on the video to make the race like really very serious...some of the episode is very crappy

If you try...using an NSX-R to keep up with a Modena stratale with both driver max out the car in real life you will know what is the difference of 280hp to 420hp...with similar weight...by the way...this show did made my friend stupid enough to use his 350z to chase a modena on highway...outcome??? eat dirt....and smoke...

ace79

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2004
Oooppsss again..

links said:
ace79,

dont fully believe the Best Motoring. There were race drivers criticise this show is very "Big Japanese"...firstly is they critise the drivers usually didnt maximise the power of non-japanese cars..especially on the straight...and then using touch up on the video to make the race like really very serious...some of the episode is very crappy

If you try...using an NSX-R to keep up with a Modena stratale with both driver max out the car in real life you will know what is the difference of 280hp to 420hp...with similar weight...by the way...this show did made my friend stupid enough to use his 350z to chase a modena on highway...outcome??? eat dirt....and smoke...
a supercar is not only for straights...of course the Modena would win on top speed, but I believe 0 - 400 quarter mile times shouldn't be too bad between the two..and 100 kph - 0 kph times? NSX - R surely wins..please do understand the diff between a NSX - R and a Ferrari Modena bro..NSX - R is for pure sports ( stripped out interior, lightened bodyparts, better chassis ) while most Ferrari's are for grand touring, right? Example : if we can get a standard NSX ( no need NSX - R ) to run up Bkt Tinggi, the time would certainly be lower than a Modena up the same stretch. A Ferrari is quite a handful in extreme situations, while a NSX is always meant to be more neutral ( what all racers would want from their car! ) And the 350Z was not meant to be pure sportscar, more like a mini grand touring machine la..of course la kena with the Modena..why did Nissan produce the 350Z? To relive the memories of the old 280Z la...and the price bracket? With the same amount spent on a second hand Modena ( what? 600k? ), you can get yourself a fully CF - bodied NSX ( better weight to power ratio ) with at least 450 of useful bhp, with a very - very nice chassis and suspension setup. And of course, the ability to bite off the Modena's tail...

And I don't think it's right to tick off Best Motoring, that Jap VCD mag have been doing the same gig even bfr most of us was born bro!!! Let's see, one of the star drivers ( with that cheeky face ) is Master Tsuchiya @ owner of Kei Office himself! We should learn more about the idealogy of these car manufacturers and the kind of cars they build, bfr banging them up, right? A Ferrari should go against Porsche / Lambo etc...and it follows with other makes...

And I dun 100% learn about cars from Best Motoring..I learnt about fast cars and fast bikes from my old man ( who in his younger days, ridden fast Brit cars and bikes ) and his mechanics..I learnt about Audi's 1st 4 wheel 2 door coupe's back from the year 1991..drove the Mark 1 Golf GTi @ 1992, driven around in MGs when I was from 6 years old..Learnt about AE86 @ 1994, learnt about Senna, Mick Doohan etc when I was in Standard 4..I'm no bigshot in motorsports, but I got my share in learning and having some fun lah! :)

Last edited:

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Hahaha...so missed the point I could laugh. The 360 and NSX-R comparison stopped at the badge. There isn't even a need to compare it further. And personally I very much hate people who try to be something they aren't, say for example, Jap dudes trying to be black American rapper dudes or something. And the NSX is exactly that, a Jap car trying to be Italian.

And don't give that NA and turbo nonsense. I'm someone who very much believes in the end result and not the means to do it. The NSX-R is a tuned up, lightened NSX, no? Then compare it with a similarly tuned up and lightened GTR and tell me the GTR wouldn't have a chance?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello to all ZTH sifu,

my snail Car - Protong Wira 1.3gli (a/b) year 02 (siemens)

I recently purchased a autogauge 2" rpm gauge and tried to DIY it by refering to this guide, but then I dont know why the thing just dont work:confused_smile: only the backlight is working flawlessly so i dont think it's the power problem. As for the sensor, I tap the green wire to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience