ceramic coating

goo_61t

500 RPM
Any body knows any good place to do this on
1) piston
2) or any other engine internals

pro's n con's?

any thoughts out there? care to share?

just wondering y in the ceramico ad, they put the intercooler as one of the options, if i remember correctly

the intercooler is supposed to remove heat from the hot intake air, wont ceramic coating the thing just retain the heat inside?

sorry, quite noobish bout these things, just wanna clear my possible misunderstanding

building 4G64 2.4 ltr..planning on not using the oil squirter(oil jet) so opting to ceramic coat my pistons

ohh... looks like a mega project... Well, honestly speaking. The ceramic coating will prevent direct heat from penetrating the piston crown surface. It does help in this. But due to the insufficient knowledge on how they actually does the coating, i will assume it's spray type. In long term, the ceramic coat will wear out. By then, u're back to square one. Unless, u do it from time to time.

For my case, a 4G92P BOT with GSR pistons. And now i'm on supercharger pistons with ceramic ciated piston crown original from the factory which will last very long. And i changed the block to MIVEC 4G92 just for the oil squirt. So, I am safe to high boost...

just wondering y in the ceramico ad, they put the intercooler as one of the options, if i remember correctly

the intercooler is supposed to remove heat from the hot intake air, wont ceramic coating the thing just retain the heat inside?

sorry, quite noobish bout these things, just wanna clear my possible misunderstanding

Correct. The spray that is supposed to be applied on an intercooler is the nitrate spray that will enhace the heat rejection... Ceramic is an insulative material.

ohh... looks like a mega project... Well, honestly speaking. The ceramic coating will prevent direct heat from penetrating the piston crown surface. It does help in this. But due to the insufficient knowledge on how they actually does the coating, i will assume it's spray type. In long term, the ceramic coat will wear out. By then, u're back to square one. Unless, u do it from time to time.

For my case, a 4G92P BOT with GSR pistons. And now i'm on supercharger pistons with ceramic ciated piston crown original from the factory which will last very long. And i changed the block to MIVEC 4G92 just for the oil squirt. So, I am safe to high boost...

Correct. The spray that is supposed to be applied on an intercooler is the nitrate spray that will enhace the heat rejection... Ceramic is an insulative material.

wht kenny said is correct, dont spray ceramic coats on intercoolers, if u want to change the intercooler colour, anodize it with a thin layer if u want to, its aluminium, anodizing is the way to go

look at this black anodized intercooler :P sleeeperrr
APSDR525FrontMountIntercooler.jpg

now see wht greddy has to offer :P
0002.jpg

sifu..any idea where to get that..haha very nice an lanci lor....:proud:

haha... jin, i htink ppl only curious about the ceramico advertisement on the intercooler, u go and put funny funny stuff pulak.

Note that anodizing an intercoller is just a cosmetic and corrosion protective layer. It will not help in heat transfer... Unless u are talking about the color characteristic lar... darker color absorb more heat and lighter/metalic color rejects heat.

hehe...

hehe..finally rebuilt 2.4L ha goo_61t
seen ur car with top mount gt35 when u r still hangin in gombak at an's place b4
(that time still haven't install MS yet..):love:

hehe..finally rebuilt 2.4L ha goo_61t
seen ur car with top mount gt35 when u r still hangin in gombak at an's place b4
(that time still haven't install MS yet..):love:

oi..oi..sapa neh?huhuhu who r u yopo?do i knw u?hahaha..ya laa my oil pump fail laa dude..
my vr4 crank all burned up cannot use so no choice..hav tu run 64 block..simpan lama2 nanti karat maaa hahahaha..me still hangin at an's place laa infact my car is there laa tumpang his woksyop to build my engine..MS up n run already..

any idea where can the anidoze thing can be done jin..

any idea of the cost..

kekeke....doint say will cost the same amount as ur ic..

kakakakka

haha yeah jinkl, where to anodized it? i also want to do it

haha fuselage dah gatal dah hahaha, bro mel shop not open ah? everytime i go sure tutup want...

Black coating is a normal.pls make the piston surface a white coating.it's good.we do before for pistons,ccd chamber head and valve spring.

Bump: Black coating is a normal.pls make the piston surface a white coating.it's good.we do before for pistons,ccd chamber head and valve spring.

Bump: Or u can buy the powder coat from USA.Only RM750 complete.DIY.

Bump: Or u can buy the powder coat from USA.Only RM750 complete.DIY.

for anodizing, please enter google n find where in malaysia hehehe, if u all find it :P i also want to do

Top Bottom