CCTV in LDP - EFFECTIVE TODAY

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

reedoor

2,000 RPM
received a forward mail saying...

>for those affected.. thats almost all of us huh! =)
>
>
>SPEED LIMIT - LDP
>Please note that effective today the LDP highway speed limit will be
>monitored by the CCTV. The speed limit is 90 kmh and if you go above
>that at 91 kmh, the camera will auto record and pass to police. The few
>identified areas where the CCTV is monitoring are as follows:
>
>
>1) on the overhead pedestrian bridge in front of Kelana Jaya LRT
>station, monitoring the straight stretch
>
>
>2) Somewhere near Western Digital (CCTV might be on Western Digital),
>monitoring the straight stretch in front of the Kelana Jaya Seafood
>
>
>3) On IKEA, Monitoring straight stretch in front of IKEA and 1 Utama
>
>
>4) On the double overhead bridge, monitoring the stretch between the
>Puchong toll and the Federal Highway turnoff.
>
>
>5) In the tunnel near SS2 (please note that the speed limit is 60 kmh,
>not 90 kmh)
>
>
>Please let your friends know.

I think I received this fwd mail 2 zillion years ago. Consider it BS.

Anyway, I don't think CCTV is can be used to monitor speed. Speed cameras and radar guns yes. CCTV no, catching morons shagging in public yes.

hehe, the cameras along the highways can and are being used to track the speed of cars. i'm in the industry, hehe.

but don't worry, they just record the speed for statistic purposes. the license plate numbers are NOT visible. another way to beat the camera is to drive in-between lanes, the software will not be able to calculate a speed for the system.

si|verfish said:
I think I received this fwd mail 2 zillion years ago. Consider it BS.

Anyway, I don't think CCTV is can be used to monitor speed. Speed cameras and radar guns yes. CCTV no, catching morons shagging in public yes.
waaa... so long ago? haha... my source might b zillion years slower. hahaha...
yea, i actually dont think tat it actually monitor speed. but since i receive it, so wanna share with u all lo. haha... at least now i no need to let go so much... PRESS HABIS SAJA... HAHAHA...!!!

Its for monitoring the Highway right?.. have been speeding on ldp almost every other day... still very much alive

Differ: Mate, what do you mean by in between lanes? Any other "secrets" top share *nudge, nudge*

si|verfish said:
Differ: Mate, what do you mean by in between lanes? Any other "secrets" top share *nudge, nudge*
maybe he ment by da doted lines dat seperates lanes gua.....

Hm..duno real anot..always speeding from pj to subang..but..so far kena one saman sent to my house lor..tht saman stated LDP...blur!

what the software does is it draws a virtual trapezoids along the perspective of each lane of the highways. since it knows the dimensions of the virtual 'box' it then will calculate the speed of the object based on the time it enters and exits the 'box'

the software is mainly for traffic control and statistical gathering, and it is also intelligent such that when the highway is jammed up, it will be able to establish the probable cause of the jam (eg accident, heavy load, roadworks, etc.) with a high success rate.

yes, if you drive between the trapezoids, along the dotted line, chances are the software will not consider the moving mass as a car. but of course ppl will horn you for taking up 2 lanes at once ler.

got camera also no point la...HAZE bah!!! cant see shitz ahahahahhahahaa...:bath:

can traffic police's device still catch our number plate with heavy haze? wonder.

want to call it bullshit or not..... my former boss had summons recorded on LDP ... surprise surprise... just when i tot itz hoakes.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom