Car wiper problem.....

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

kher

1,500 RPM
Aug 30, 2004
Klang, Selangor
Visit site
Y my car wiper always when juz buy very smooth n no sound but after 1 or 2 weeks it will not be that smooth anymore. It'll rub with the windscreen like an eraser. very noisy.... Izit the wiper expose to sun too long or something wrong with the windscreen? Wiper brand also change many times alr. The current 1 is a brand wic my fren uses n has no problem with it.

lumghini

Known Member
Dec 13, 2003
JB
members.cardomain.com
think maybe ur windscreen too clean liao....or maybe too dry??

GSR5559

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
www.zerotohundred.com
mm facing similar probs too..if u said it is dry and sound den it is acceptable but eventhough a heavy pour of rain still got sound..i feel dat my windscreen damn dry..how to overcome this kind of probs..i tried changing new wipers but still probs exist..HOW ? any products to apply ?
i know Rain X or watever wont help cus it oni makes the water drops flow away easier..as for my case it is making irritating sound man..Pls help me too..

lumghini

Known Member
Dec 13, 2003
JB
members.cardomain.com
Originally posted by kschu@Oct 11 2004, 22:48
try piaa silicone wiper...........guarantee no more sound (said by PIAA Company)....... :)
got this thing ahz??
silicone?? will stick there or not>?? hahaha....
roughly wats the price of one ahz??

blueprint

Mar 1, 2004
tmn melati, kl
i've read somewhere in zth that someone use that kind of wiper - lifetime warranty - cost abt RM100+ per piece. but still experiencing wiper prob - squeaky sound/skipping/etc even after change for 3 times.

actually i oso had the same prob. at first i tot my wiper out already, then change new. after a few days, not smooth, squeaky & skipping. i tot becos of cheap wiper. buy another more expensive one. but still the same after few days. even when heavy rain, the skipping & annoying sound became worst.

first i try use power window liquid (that u put on the rubber to make the windows move smoother). reduce a bit the prob. bit still there. then i try apply some tyre protectant/shine liquid (mine brand permaglass-foam type). so far no more wiper skip or annoying sound (yet). hev been 3-4 days since i put the foam. so far seem ok lor.

saru-kun

Known Member
Jan 4, 2004
PJ
saru-kun.blogspot.com
mine using dura edge...
sounds squeeky...but i don't care...it doesn't get on my nerve...and even after 3 months, parking under the sun almost everyday..wipes like a dream... ^_^
cheers

GSR5559

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
www.zerotohundred.com
dude i tried using dura edge but probs exist..den i tot blade not nice so change another wiper den prob still exist..skipping,squeeking and it gets on my nerves..veri damn noisy..i tried applying those wash plates detergent, it is fine for the first few days den probs come again..it is like the windscreen damn dry..i heard one of my fren saying dat too long under the hot sun or mebi car old liao..the windscreen there is one layer of duno wht..no more oredi, have to buy a product for it to apply..jus my 2 cents le.

leadaxer

Known Member
Mar 1, 2004
Where to get PIAA wipers? After surfing their site, i found that there's 3 types:

-Super Graphite
-Super Silicone
-Super Sporza

Wut would be the significant difference for normal day to day road driving? Some user feedback appreciated. Btw, really got lifetime warranty? From the site, it only states 1 limited year warranty. :unsure:

blueprint

Mar 1, 2004
tmn melati, kl
but i really hev read somewhere in zth about that 'lifetime warranty' wiper. but dont remember which section or what wiper brand.

bryan90s

500 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
DURAEDGE...

used for 4 months now..oledi changed 11 pairs !!!!!!!!!!! yeap is 11 pairs

problem still there...wipe not clean for driver side portion.... :(

but after sales service is nice la...car life time warranty mah

midship

2,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Jul 22, 2004
Across the pond
www.nismo.com.my
when you use PIAA wipers, you have to treat the windscreen as follows: 1. clean the windscreen and dry properly.
2. install wipers and leave them running for about 15 mins to activate the silicon into the windscreen.

after these simple steps, be set to be thrilled by the wipers. you will have to repeat the steps every month or so to maintain the full performance of the PIAA wipers.

deftons

Known Member
Feb 13, 2004
Visit site
im using Dura Edge as well..wide not clean..skip as well as got squeeking sounds..arrkk..gonna go change another pair this week..

i kinda of agree wif wat GSR5559 said...mayb the windscreen too dry..got any way to overcome this..? please share share..;)

leadaxer

Known Member
Mar 1, 2004
Originally posted by midship@Oct 14 2004, 11:16
when you use PIAA wipers, you have to treat the windscreen as follows: 1. clean the windscreen and dry properly.
2. install wipers and leave them running for about 15 mins to activate the silicon into the windscreen.

after these simple steps, be set to be thrilled by the wipers. you will have to repeat the steps every month or so to maintain the full performance of the PIAA wipers.
Owhh, is this ur personal view or recommended by PIAA?

starwing

Known Member
May 15, 2004
Visit site
I used clay to "polish" my windscreen once a while. Using duraedge .. Flies like a dream.

GSR5559

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
www.zerotohundred.com
deftons : yeah..me too loooking for any product dat can make windscreen not dry..or else it will keep skipping no matter how expensive the wiper is..i have to ask my car dealer fren..i think he is the one mention to me bout this product that to be applied on the windscreen .. and i think due to old age car like mine, the layer of smoothness on my windscreen is already dried up and need sum little treatment..hopefully can solve this prob..moveover nowadays rainy season , damn irritating dat squeeking sound..sigh

stargate

Known Member
Oct 15, 2004
I clean my wiper after a car wash with a damp newspaper. There is a black layer stain from the wiper.

In my case, there's only sound when the wiper change direction.

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
me using DURA EDGE... happy user... my previous car nissan sunny used it for more than 5 years...

now just change it for my wira... no prob...

my advice is always keep ur wiper blades clean... always clean de wiper blades when u wash ur car...

i'm using together with Rain-X.. :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

My car's fuel consumption has gotten worse after using a product from COSWAY - AutoMax NanoTech Fuel Enhancer (NFE).

Previously getting about 10km/L.
After using it ONCE with 1 Full Tank, consumption straight increase to about 7km/L
Stopped using d product immediately. I thought maybe after 1-2 full tanks of fuel will flush off all of that crap....However after 7 Full Tanks of fuel, still the same.

I want to know which part of the engine/fuel system that could have been...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience