car side windows not fit into the windows lane... how to fix?

IronJ

Known Member
Oct 6, 2004
Hi, i'm driving an Iswara Aeroback year 2002, recently i'm hving problems for driver side power windows...

when i close the windows, it can't properly fit into the lane... what can i do to make it as previous so that i dun need to used my hand to push it into the lane?... it's a bit toward front, i need to push a bit back only it'll perfectly fit... now even worst, almost can't fully fit... when on the road, i can hear the wind sound from the windows...

hope all the sifu here can give me a guide on how to fix...

thanks and appreciate a lot...

IronJ

Known Member
Oct 6, 2004
ok, will try to check it out... thanks man...

simefly

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
True what khguan has said.. but you also need to check the black plastic/rubber lining.. there is one scew that is holding it to the door frame. Check if it is missing. This maybe the problem as well.

Or maybe your rubber lining is out of its position from the door frame.

Or maybe your rubber lining is starting to crack from the wear and tear.

So many Or's here... so have fun finding the problem yah

IronJ

Known Member
Oct 6, 2004
sound bad... u think if i send to any repair shop, will they help me to check it out?... normally how much they'll charge?... any idea?...

simefly

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
Iron J: Let me try to help here... When you wind up your window does it fall inwards or outwards?

Problem 1:
All you need to check is the screw for your outer piece rubber lining. Whether the rubber has 'disintegrated into ashes' or still intact. If intact then shake it to see whether its loose. If it is then check at the edge of the door. there is a screw that holds the whole lining (yes, Proton designed with ONLY one screw). If its not there then get a flathead screw to hold it. Also check that the rubber lining should stay at a zero degree (ie should be straight and not crooked). Otherwise you will need to take it out and straighten it using a ruler and a millet. Rubber grease would do the job. It cost about RM8-RM10 to get a tube of rubber grease.

Problem 2:
This is abit difficult. It might be caused by the motor not running smoothly upwards/downwards. You might need to remove the whole panel and try running it to see whether the angle of the glass holder is parallel to the horizontal beam of your car. It should be that way tho. Otherwise you might need to start greasing the edges or joints to make it more efficient. DO not use WD40 as this will dissolve the existing grease. Try ceramic grease if possible.

I hope the above might help you in someway... Don't worry, as long as you know which screw and where it belongs when you dismantle the stuff goes, you will know how to put it back.

LAWRENCE_Q

Known Member
Feb 13, 2004
JB
Visit site
IronJ said:
Hi, i'm driving an Iswara Aeroback year 2002, recently i'm hving problems for driver side power windows...

when i close the windows, it can't properly fit into the lane... what can i do to make it as previous so that i dun need to used my hand to push it into the lane?... it's a bit toward front, i need to push a bit back only it'll perfectly fit... now even worst, almost can't fully fit... when on the road, i can hear the wind sound from the windows...

hope all the sifu here can give me a guide on how to fix...

thanks and appreciate a lot...
same wf my iswara oso!!! the window can't close bk fully!!!

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
actually just some small problem maybe..i fix my kancil with a can of soft99 brand leather,tyre and dashboard cleaner, dunno is it cleaner or not, just about 4-5 buck a can,

first, u use soap with water and a cloth rendam it,
down the window that stucked,
insert the cloth using ur hand into the black lining, the last contact lining, mean the bottom lining. and clean it
spray the cleaner to all the lining, then use a ruler cover with cloth to insert the lining and slide it, u will see a lot of dust come out,
after all, just spray again and slide it again, then it's done,
u will be notice the result and u will be sure happy

IronJ

Known Member
Oct 6, 2004
thanks a lot, simefly and howiechoo... will try it out and hope it's work...

million of thanks and appreciation...