Captor Alarm System

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

arrowhead

Hey guys,

been considering to get a better alarm system for my car... after all this cases of stolen cars and etc. So captor came into my mind as it can locate your vehicle if it was stolen. Anyone care to share? And how much does it cost outside now?

thanks
:lol:

It is one of the few tracking + recovery systems in the market. Costs RM1,950 for national cars. There is a RM1,480 package, but that integrates with the Proton stock alarm system. which is not recommended as a burglar who disables the Proton stock alarm, will also disable Captor in the process.

For non-national cars, it costs RM2,000++.

The RM1,950 version also comes with a panic button.

Captor runs on proprietary radio frequency system. There is a GPS/GSM option, but that costs close to RM4K.

Another option is to go for V-Guard which uses the GPS/GSM system, and also comes with software in which you can install into your notebook/desktop to track your own car. Immobilisation via SMS is also possible. The only catch here is that there is no 'recovery' bundled, just tracking.

Captor system is only good if the car can be recover b4 those bastard start dismantling your car in some industrial area, otherwise you will end up only to find your car stripped to empty shell left with only an engine near Sungai Klang!!! Timing is the main factor here!!!

hmmm... so if installed with stock alarm system = kinda useless??
so wat do u guys recommend me? get captor or go for a 2-way alarm system? such as radiostar?
:o

In my opinion both Captor and Radiostar complements each other. Captor is very useful if your car is stolen. It can pin point where your car is.

As for Radiostar, it 'connects' you to your car. It provides you real time alert when your car is triggered. It can also tell you whether it is just a shock or door opened and even engined started. I would say Radiostar is the primary protection while Captor provides secondary protection.

We do have customers who equipped both systems in their cars. Hence, getting best of both worlds! :)

Just my opinion.....

thanks noname,
i also thought of doing that.. get a 2-way alarm + captor..
still considering on radiostar... the only downside abt it is that its range is kinda short compared to others such as boomerang and clifford g5 and etc.. 800m.. but come to think of it again, i dun think i'll be any where more than 800m away from my car.. :blink:

:lol:

Boomerang and Clifford...they may advertise 800m, but is it really true? I think if you're seperated by more than 4 concrete blocks, there will communications problems already.

Originally posted by prozac@Dec 27 2004, 14:26
Boomerang and Clifford...they may advertise 800m, but is it really true? I think if you're seperated by more than 4 concrete blocks, there will communications problems already.
i park my car in S&M shopping center on basement 2, and i walk until the Hongleong bank in Petaling Street i can still receive the signal from my car, there's some truth in their claim i think!! :rolleyes:

Wow! Your remote can transmit to the car that far?

Originally posted by NoName@Dec 27 2004, 12:43
In my opinion both Captor and Radiostar complements each other. Captor is very useful if your car is stolen. It can pin point where your car is.

As for Radiostar, it 'connects' you to your car. It provides you real time alert when your car is triggered. It can also tell you whether it is just a shock or door opened and even engined started. I would say Radiostar is the primary protection while Captor provides secondary protection.

We do have customers who equipped both systems in their cars. Hence, getting best of both worlds! :)

Just my opinion.....
I do agree with you there. I actually have plans to install a Clifford to complement Captor. The tilt, shock functions come in handy

Originally posted by prozac@Dec 28 2004, 15:04
yala look at how much i pay for the alarm alone, u can't expect an alarm to be cheap and very good, there is no freebies in this world ma!!! u want quality then u have to pay for that kinda price too.

Originally posted by Tohsan+Dec 28 2004, 17:15 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Tohsan @ Dec 28 2004, 17:15 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-prozac@Dec 28 2004, 15:04
yala look at how much i pay for the alarm alone, u can't expect an alarm to be cheap and very good, there is no freebies in this world ma!!! u want quality then u have to pay for that kinda price too. [/b][/quote]
errr... Can I disagree on this????

To me its more of branding issue. Perhaps this is not directly related. Just an example of Evian mineral water Vs Spritzer mineral water. Are they different? Coz Evian has far better brand equity so they are able to charge premium. At the same time they are targetting different segments of the market.

The other reason is the business model the company operates. All the branded car alarms are brought into the country through the importer/sole agent. Then it will be sold to distributor and then to shops. What it means is that the price have been marked up twice before we can buy it. That is why it costs more.

At Radiostar we chose to by pass the distributor and the shops. Thus, pass on the cost savings to our customers and offering the best price. By doing this, we also serve our customers better because we are 'in touch' with everyone of them. Since we know our products the best, we are also the best person serve them.

Just came back from a certified captor installation centre. I asked the taukey and he said that Captor is only a car tracking system and not an alarm system It cost RM2100 alone for the tracking system. He advised to purchase another alarm or use my stock alarm system to compliment Captor. But then, need to install an ultra sensor if i don't want to change my stock alarm.

However, in the Captor brochure, it says that Captor comes with an alarm, immobilizer & tracking system.

Does anyone know the truth?

BTW, how much does Radiostar cost?

There are 2 models of Radiostar i.e. Leopard & Dragon.

Please click on the link below my signature for more information.

Thanks

Originally posted by Tohsan+Dec 28 2004, 17:15 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Tohsan @ Dec 28 2004, 17:15 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-prozac@Dec 28 2004, 15:04
yala look at how much i pay for the alarm alone, u can't expect an alarm to be cheap and very good, there is no freebies in this world ma!!! u want quality then u have to pay for that kinda price too. [/b][/quote]
tohsan: where u install ur clifford 2 way alarm..mind telling me how much u spend on it so that i can get a rough estimation of the price...mayb u could PM me...cheers dude...

Power OfDream,

Brother since you are looking for a branded stuff, i suggest you go for this guys, he own a few accessories shop and also he is consecutively 3 years top seller of clifford product, his shop is in Wangsa Maju if not mistaken call this fella Bao Soo Nang 019-3246646. Alternatively you can source around b4 u go for this guys. Never nevr go to Brothers shop for alarm, sucks big time!!!

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom