Can satria convert 4wd.

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

cal_vin

Known Member
Jan 2, 2005
Hihi,
Wanted to convert my satria to 4wd, is it possible?
What 4wd suit my satria and how much cost? any workshop to recommends!

ANyone any idea....
Bored with ff now keen to play 4wd but on my satria.

CHeer

blue_hippo

500 RPM
Jun 16, 2004
can be done but not approved by jpj. :)

cal_vin

Known Member
Jan 2, 2005
Will it be stable after convert 4wd!
Does mirage(satria) got ori 4wd, then i would like to look for it and go go 4wd.

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
There are original Mirage with AWD in Japan... esp snowy areas. Problem is rare and hard to find.

monsterv6

2,000 RPM
May 3, 2005
S.J
yea..but if u dont mind of jpj..then u can do it ....what engine u using if evo or vr4 just get the 4wd gearbox if u dont have yet...4wd fuel tank and the axel.....but have to mount the axel la...alot of money to mod to 4wd also ler..
u can try go to gt auto at sunway and ask them for pro advice ler..

cal_vin

Known Member
Jan 2, 2005
Does anyone know any satria 4wd b4?!

Wondering how much would this conversion cost me rm4k???

monsterv6

2,000 RPM
May 3, 2005
S.J
cost about that la..not so sure..what engine u using.?got afew of my frends using 4wd before now sold of the car.

cal_vin

Known Member
Jan 2, 2005
Now still normal no conversion yet! But have considering either vr4 or evo for sure!

Now under budgeting on the conversion, any1 any idea hte cost or this...
Please do let me know..

monsterv6,
means ur fren have satria 4wd b4? if yes what 4wd they use?

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
cal_vin said:
Now still normal no conversion yet! But have considering either vr4 or evo for sure!

Now under budgeting on the conversion, any1 any idea hte cost or this...
Please do let me know..

monsterv6,
means ur fren have satria 4wd b4? if yes what 4wd they use?
Look for past issues of Hypertune... they featured an AWD Satria inside. Owner found the rear diff from a rare twin-carb Mirage in Japan. According to him, it is approved by JPJ.

ambayah

1,000 RPM
Jan 31, 2004
Visit site
acbc said:
Look for past issues of Hypertune... they featured an AWD Satria inside. Owner found the rear diff from a rare twin-carb Mirage in Japan. According to him, it is approved by JPJ.
Mirage Cyborg-R is 4WD I thought got also, people usually get that one.

Last edited:

cal_vin

Known Member
Jan 2, 2005
ANy idea where can i get it, have realllly keen on 4wd conversion.

Anyone...

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Just avoid it. Illegal to JPJ books unless you want them to 'sita' your car.

Want proof? Go to JPJ Wangsa Maju and check out the number of sita'ed cars in the compound. At least 40% has illegal 4WD conversion.

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
acbc said:
Just avoid it. Illegal to JPJ books unless you want them to 'sita' your car.

Want proof? Go to JPJ Wangsa Maju and check out the number of sita'ed cars in the compound. At least 40% has illegal 4WD conversion.
how bout wira converted to evo3 with 4wd? legal? engine number all tukar by jpj oledi..approved...

i dun think wira converted to evo 3 hv problem...coz KARAMJIIT SINGH use it las time in rally....d car name is PROTON WIRA 4WD TURBO...i stil hv d book......

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Actually, if the model has a 4WD version in its country of origin... you can still fight for it.

I have many friend of converted their Galant E33A (originally 2WD) to 4WD legally amd because believe or not, there are 4WD N/T Galant E33A in Japan! Only in snowy countries such as Japan, US or Europe.

In fact, I even found one original E33A with 4WD in Malaysia. Only one... owner flew all the way to Nagoya, Japan to buy it. Cost him over RM 100k (inclusive tax + transportation + insurance).

So, basically, you need 3 things:

1. Source the rear cut - damn rare!
2. A qualified foreman to do the conversion
3. Total inspection by Puspakom and JPJ

All these can be done legally without going through runners or 3rd parties. I've plan to convert mine when the time is right.

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
huakenny said:
how bout wira converted to evo3 with 4wd? legal? engine number all tukar by jpj oledi..approved...

i dun think wira converted to evo 3 hv problem...coz KARAMJIIT SINGH use it las time in rally....d car name is PROTON WIRA 4WD TURBO...i stil hv d book......
If convert for rally, it is legal la. But, you have to proof it.

Problem is Proton did not produce any 4WD models and hence, it is illegal. Those who converted legally last time are lucky but please keep the documents in the car as proof. What you really need to show is the Surat Kawal Selia. The original geran is useless as it did not state anything about 4WD.

Why? Because JPJ can bully / harass you and maybe sita your car.

As long you have the Surat Kawal Selia, they cannot touch you at all except for other offences like big / loud exhaust or fibre hood.

To play it safe, sell off your Proton, buy an original Lancer and do the conversion. Don't trust runners. These fuckers fucked up everything. Take a week off and visit Puspakom.

Or alternatively, you can buy a readily converted Lancer but make sure you obtain the Surat Kawal Selia from the owner.

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
wat is surat kawal selia?

since it is illegal to convert..y karamjit Singh can do it ar? n we cannot? no fair.....

but if roadblok..jpj/trafic will not check 2wd/4wd rite? they so free to look at d down of d car?

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
huakenny said:
wat is surat kawal selia?

since it is illegal to convert..y karamjit Singh can do it ar? n we cannot? no fair.....

but if roadblok..jpj/trafic will not check 2wd/4wd rite? they so free to look at d down of d car?
Karamjit use it for rally le. He is special case. We as normal road users don't deserve his special treatment.

If roadblock, JPJ will ask some Qs. Mine also kena 2 years ago. I ask me if my Galant is 4WD or not. I said no. So this officer flash underneath to cheak. Confirm no 4WD and let me go.

Before I wind up the window, the same officer ask if I'm willing to sell my car. I was like 'huh????'. No wonder, just painted the car and polish it. Very shinny. Even gave me his card in case I change my mind.

Again, depends on your luck la... if unlucky and at the same time no surat kawal selia... die la.

Last edited: