Can custom make this? Pls advice where...

apek beca

Known Member
Aug 7, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I'm looking for a lip for my air intake system.
Pls take a look at the attached pix below & kindly advice if there's a shop that could custom make the particular parts.

I don't really mind the what they use to make it as long that it's durable. Plastic, metal, rubber all accepted.
Preferring metal but those kind won't get rusted(painted black would do).
Heat resist is a must, I know that it's for cold air intake but when the car is parked, the inner heat is really hot.
Normal engine heat is already around 90C. 1.4 TSI is a twin charged turbo car.

The worst part is that I don't have a sample or measurement for it.
Basicly is that I would drive my car over then let the person measure & custom it.
Below are the pix of what's needed:
1.4 TSI ori.PNG Forge.PNG VW Racing.PNG

Why all the trouble instead of using a specific kit?
It's for "PiperCross VENOM"... 3" in take, largest intake surface.
VENOM Filter details: Universal Air Intakes | Pipercross Air Filters
Using what I asked for would restrict the air flow limit... Yea I know & have to do so have to do so.
Mine SPLITED!!! No front support & it bounced off:bawling: see pix...
20120718_202337[1].jpg
Bracket problem & doing this to reinforce sitting position of the filter at front.
Also easier removable, doing this every 15k when I send into Service Center.
I gotto change all to ori just to keep my 5 years warranty.

Pls advice a specific shop & not kind of shop to look for.
Thanking all in advance...

AvanT

Custom fabricator & CNC machining
Mar 20, 2009
Hi apek, I might be able to help with your custom made part.
I'm with a precision engineering company that caters to mould & die industry.
Pls correct me if I'm wrong. From what I understand, U're looking for a custom made adapter for your intake.
One end rectangle shape (air inlet) & the other end 3" round shape (mounting to your air filter)?

For top notch requirement & budget:
We design the part on CAD & fully machine one of a kind custom made parts on CNC machining center. For steel material, finished product can be chromed or galvanized. For aluminum, finished product can be anodized to color of your choice.

For average requirement & budget:
Designing part will still be done on CAD, final product may be welded or an assembly of several components.

[email protected] / 012-283-3635

apek beca

Known Member
Aug 7, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Yep... very accurate. You've got what I need & surely u got what's needed to make the party that's needed.
I'm not going to mass produce this this for sales. It's for personal user 1unit only. How much for it?

AvanT

Mar 20, 2009
My custom made adapter that mounts these 3 together....manifold - wastegate - turbo

How it looks in the car

Last edited:

apek beca

Known Member
Aug 7, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Don't need it. Just want something simple.
Shooting straight to the point. High tech means $$$.

I'm asking for a shop that's something like a metal gate maker.
Maybe like in the olden days pls weld their leak pots. This kind of shop
Just a piece of metal measured, cut accordingly & weld.
I'm not making an engine block...

I'm simple words it's to channel air. Not holding pressurized procession measurement.
What u propose looks costy. That machinery price is a boom already.

I'll keep ur contact. if I've got boaring with my car & wanna waste it then I'll mod it crazy
in time I'll do it & would contact u

Last edited:

AvanT

Mar 20, 2009
Sorry apek...didn't mean scare U with all the technical stuff we do....heheee
Just showing U an extreme example of what we're capable of & what kind of machinery we have at our disposal.

Actually, we do a lot of custom made parts for walk-in customers like yourself. So, dun worry, U can PM me your budget & we'll see what we can make up from there. Proposed fabricating the intake scoop like the black color sample part U posted above using stainless steel (welded).

Pakdamek

Known Member
Feb 11, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Trial Tuning Spirit Sdn Bhd. 8, Jalan 2/108C, Taman Sungai Besi, Kuala Lumpur, 57100, Kuala Lumpur

012-2047338

they can help custom diversion plate for you.....2-3 hours.....appointment is a must.... :smokin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

All the sifus in here.....you all really know what yur talking about so i was hoping you all could just giveme some advice...by the way im new in here ...

I drive a Wira SE auto (1.5)....i have chnaged to K&N filter and also remove my cat conv...so far the results were marginal...i was wondering whether i should remove my mid box as well and replace with a bullet....im actually looking for better performance and also a louder (basier) sound...will removing the mid box help? i was told auto...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience