cai on waja 1.6

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

funnyman

Known Member
hey guys sorry to be such a dumbass but how do you put a cai in a waja 1.6. i really think there is a prob wif this car and cai coz got no space unless im lacking sumthing. has anyone done a cai upgrade on a waja before. any sorta input would be very much appreciated

you kiddin me mate?

stock Waja and Gen2 comes with well designed CAIs..

What ninja means is...stock waja and gen 2 already come with very well design CAI which suck in cold air..so what for all the hassle do it again, your CAI might end up not as good as stock one, and ur car become slower. JMO

yeahh.... jaywat is right. don't mess up the stock cai. it is very well designed. lotus engineering ma... what else do you want??? or you want to mess up your cai??? ;) hahaha...

but all the cais i see go all the way to the bumper. this intake is right above the radiator? would that suck in cold air coz i think the heat from the radiator will heat the air?

just me 2 cents lah.

even so is there any sorta upgrades that i can do to the induction asides turbo?

what u can do is to do an experiment...put in ur CAI and see whether it improve or otherwise...if it worst then just put back the original CAI...tell us the result, might got new finding :D

funnyman ...
the one connect to down there is becasue there are no more place to such the air .
if u using stock air filter , dun do it ...
if using those mushroon or even big one ... then its ok ...
the one close to the radiator is ntohing la .. dun scare yourself ok ? the air is flowing , nto trap there . even tha radiator is hot .. it is nothing .

just my 1/4cent idea, why not try wrapping the heat shield aroung your air intake. maybe this will help to prevent the heat around it to go inside the intake...

damienyum:
gee.. i'm sorry, what do you mean?
do you know something i don't? do share please :)

kruger ...
must remember ...
the pipe is a place where air flows ...
not air trap inside ... no movement ...

for those who doubt the stock air-intake for Waja/Gen2

it's also used in:
Skyline R34
Evo7-8
Honda S2000

need i say more?
the area above the radiator is actually high pressure zone, where all the air is stuffed into the nose of the car, and slows down (alot!) to force its way thru the radiator.

By opening a hole (rather a duct AND having suction from the engine suction) alot of these air is also directed into the CAI :)

bridgestoneRE711 said:
kruger ...
must remember ...
the pipe is a place where air flows ...
not air trap inside ... no movement ...

i know la air will flow... but the engine bay is not a cold place ma... heat will also transfer to the plastic and heat up the plastic, so air that flow during the idling will absorb the heat from the plastic... :p anyway its up to him la if he wanted to do cai on the very well designed intake ma... me and my silly idea only... don't know much about cars like you guys ;)

bridgestoneRE711 said:
it is not so nessesary la ...
even so ... not much effect .

thats what i've said... use the stock cai... good design what... if gatal2 tangan kaki dan mulut then do la with not much effect actually hehehe ;)

hmm okay point taken bout the high flow on the radiator. but honetsly i dont think the piping and filter is high flow so is there a straight ram that i can use and fit it wif the radiator opening? like those alloy rams? can ah? i was thinking of putting the race craft cai but their filter oso i dont noe how good? has anyone use it beofre? i wonder if knn produce filters for this sorta pod inttake thingys

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom