Buying a Lancer Evo?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

leslie

2,000 RPM
Aug 14, 2004
sulkyb,
no worries as it took me 6months to look and buy an evo.... there is one at jalan sg besi.. silver colour..
MEOC does exist.. and they existed way longer than MLOC. but they are not so active due to the change in their comittee / leaders recently. so they are busy getting things done there... hope they come back soon thought...

DDgreystar

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2004
wahliao eh...u say they not active...later they come over n vroom vroom us for "convoy" hor...then jia lak liao kekekeke

DewA_LavaU

1,500 RPM
Jan 11, 2004
Bintulu
if you interested there is one unit left registered one.last time i test drive the unregistered already sold :( waaa my loan still not yet approved if not sure place deposit already hahahahah :P oh well me so miskin one perhaps to concentrate to my other 'options' hehehehe :(

please call this number 014-2246709 or 0122222117 his name was Chris.very2 nice fella :) and yeah the location at sungai besi.

sulkyb

Known Member
Sep 11, 2006
hey bro.........

hehehe:angel_smile:

that unreg one was the one i was gunning for, unfortunately someone beat me to it. chris was handling for me..............i was just too slow to make up my mind...........damnit!!!!..........what to do...........my luck lah..............:cry_smile:
infact chris brought another one registered i saw and tested.............but i still feel like getting a stock unreg one...........I can do my own work on the car my self from scratch....... im still regretting why i didnt act swiftly on the silver one at loke yew.............just cannot get that unreg outta my mind............:cry_smile:

sad laaa:sad_smile: .....really......:emoticon_U:

kind regards

sulkyb

Known Member
Sep 11, 2006
leslie, dewa........

ae you guys both reffering to the same car?????:omg_smile: if no i wanna know extact loc pls.........sg besi arr???........the one that I saw wit chris is at loke yew rite? silver oso..........they gt 2 units one stock unreg, another is loaded with barang...........

there is also a white unit in cheras i was told. any one know abt this car? has anyone checked it out? test drove it?know the price? reviews? ok or nt cond?
some dude in zth is selling a blue unit wit sunroof? E7's gt sunroof ha?:omg_smile: .....

and yea chris is a very nice fella...........i think worth dealing with him..........patient fella.........

kind regards

ariel

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2005
...thanks Leslie for the info...will looks around to get 1...thanks again!

leslie

2,000 RPM
Aug 14, 2004
you can try at cheras auto city at the autoextreme.. look for allan.

sulkyb

Known Member
Sep 11, 2006
dewa lavau,

hey bro how was the unreg unit u test drove? was it good? i just want yr opinion so I know wht to expect from other unreg units?
from the experience u think the car had any faults? any squeaky noises? drive shaft gt prob perhaps, streering problems? suspension? u know lah if go to the used car tat fellas sure tell u the car in tiptop cond. after bout 2-3 mths everything koyak! but thats 2nd hand car i guess lar........they say they import from japan sure 100% acc free and other items in perfect cond. hmmmm true ah?

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME

Kind Regards

DewA_LavaU

1,500 RPM
Jan 11, 2004
Bintulu
helo bro.

to answer ur question ermm actually that was my 1st time driving an evo (ever).perhaps u can seek advice from most of our MLOC evo owner here esp from mr P itself,leslie or others coz i'm not the right person u can ask for (me super super noobie mahhh dun have dat so-called experience hehehe).both E7 unreg at chris that day is already sold but there is one registered E7 (silver if not mistaken) mileage around 70k.if u really2 serious perhaps bring leslie lah then treat him a big big yummy2 dinner (and dun forget me os lahh hahahaha :P)

Soundstream

1,500 RPM
May 2, 2004
NR MY
Visit site
Perhaps i advise here is, even though the sales person is so patient/nice and watsoever. A VERYVERY careful check on the car he sell is a MUST. If possible, get a evo memberSsS and test drive/check everything especially the engine bay/if can jack up the car !!coz he know nothing about CT9A.

Dun get fools by saleperson !

leslie

2,000 RPM
Aug 14, 2004
MI,
waaaahhh.. upgrading ah bro? hehehehehe i smell a mivec turbo!!!

Lord Pheonix

Known Member
Apr 15, 2004
KL
Guys,
Do you know anyone selling his evo5? currently looking for it. PM me if any. Thanks.

BTW, do you guys happen to know on what is the common problem with evo series and especially on evo5?
thanks again.

leslie

2,000 RPM
Aug 14, 2004
lord pheonix,
all evos got no problems unless the car comes with problem!!! or when modding / installation (not installed nicely).. but the biggest PROBLEM is when petrol and toll prices goes up!!!...lolz

Lord Pheonix

Known Member
Apr 15, 2004
KL
thanks,
but reffering from 1st page, it mentioned that most evos have problems with transmission, sooner or later.... if it does, how to detect it quickly to reduce the damage impact, or to minimize repairing cost?

Cannonfodder

Known Member
Feb 15, 2006
Mitsubishi makes pretty lousy gearboxes, but that doesn't mean that they're destined for failure. The W5M51 that comes with the E5 is prone to notchiness when the gearbox fluid is cold, but other than that, there aren't any major issues with it.

Because the Evo makes a lot of torque, poor shifting habits can also quickly demolish your gearbox. Take care to shift precisely and deliberately to prevent mashing your gears and the box should last you the lifetime of the car if you maintain it properly. Power-shifting is a surefire way to find bits of gears and synchros when you drain your gearbox. NEVER powershift with an Evo unless you have a built 'box.

The V and VI also has potential issues with broken front differential bolts, but that's a small price to pay as it means that you also get a front limited slip diff. The bolts are cheap but the labour to replace them is not, as you have to drop your entire front end.

Manual gearboxes are pretty straightforward. If the gears crunch or baulk during shifting, the synchros are gone. Notchiness is fine, but crunching is never good. Popping out of gears means worn gear teeth.

Other than that, most gear-related problems can be attributed to the clutch, of which the Evo has a truly pathetic one. Slipping, gear selection difficulty, in-gear creep, judder, etc. are all problems with the clutch or clutch adjustment. Though easier to treat, it is by no means a cheap solution. Evo clutches are some of the most expensive around, inch for inch.

Hope this helps and good luck with finding a good V.

Ali_G

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
K.lumpur
Visit site
Hi all,

I am also searching for evo 7. Today i when up to one used cars next to BMW show room & Ford Show room at Jalan Ampang. There 1 unreg. evo7, yellow colour. Price offer is RM155k (no yet nego)

Anyone of u guys knowing the background of the car's ?

very hard to find unreg. evo 7... :(

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys i plan to send my W207 (E Class Coupe year 2010) to upgrade its entertainment system . I found out about this place after passing through an advertisement while reading Top Gear magazine.

These are the upgrades that I plan to install :-
Reverse camera
DVD player with USB
GPS

Do you guys think MYR5,000 is reasonable price for these installations? and I was told they would integrate well with my COMMAND system.

hope to hear from u guys.

I have inquired Exotic Mods...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience