Budget 2k.. What can i get?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

keem

Mar 9, 2005
PJ
Im a newbie for ICE. Been reading all ICE forum recently..

Now, I have a budget of 2k, aiming for 1 HU, 1 front comp and 1 amp only.
(Subwoofer in future) Whats the best I can get? Any suggestion will
greatly be appreciated.

Im currently looking at the Alpine 17LS Comp set now.. (Impressed with the
Vocal and midbase) and for HU.. Still thinking whether to get Eclipse or
Alpine.. Both are great HU though..

Anyway, my taste of music.. Bon Jovi, Greenday but recently into Chinese
songs.. (crazy about karaoke nowdays) but still listen to rock sometimes
and dance music sometimes (If goin out for clubbing).. ;)

calvinhpk

Known Member
Aug 24, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
www.mycarhifi.com
rm2k not including installation???

lets make it.....

rm500 for HU.... you can get low-mid end Eclipse...i think the 34XX version can suits you.....u need to check with your local shop
RM500 for comp set.... maybe u can look at the Alpine Type S or type R...not too bad.... or others you can find
and RM1k for amps....... search around....like bert has some PPI PCX440 for sale....very good 4ch amp i would say

oldskolboyz

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Check ICE for sale...from bvalve...the amp & Comp is suitable for your need...amp handcraft in USA & the comp is Germany 1 ...very good deal also...if I has 3rd car 1 will grap it for 2K...

keem

Mar 9, 2005
PJ
1st of all, thanks for the reply of all of you.. Which compare some other forum and i got ZERO REPLY! You guys are cool man..

Anyway,

What if i compare the Alpine 9843 with Eclipse 34xx series? Pro and cons ?

Characteristic of Alpine Type-R Comp set and Helix MKII? (I heard Helix is more to vocal and not suitable for rock music.. The type-R is more flexible to be tuned)

and for amps.. PPI PCX-440 vs Soundstream 2 CH amp (RM900+, dunno which model cos uncle Peter offered me one.. he said more "powderful" to power up the comp set)

Currently idea, One amp to power front comp set,
And for REAR, I will use my previous Mohawk Orange Series 5" midbase (Without tweeter) as a TEMPORARY SUB.. (Power from HU)

What do u guys think?

Once again, thanks for the advice of you all ICERs.......

Oh ya.... I just missed the TT session of this month... :(

oldskolboyz

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Hi,

1) 9843 & 34XX is the lower range in his family...Hu with 1 preout but not to bad in SQ...diff I can see is alpine with detachable panel & eclipse is non removable/detachable

2) Alpine is not bad also, are you audit type-r before..actually type-r use aluminium cone (mid)...noise.. can made me headache...if need more bass came form your mid..You need speaker use paper or carbon fiber cone..like RS Audio, Vifa, F#1, DLS, Dynsaudio, Rainbow etc...for rock & dance music i'm prefer RS Audio 165 pro (carbon fiber cone)..I will not regret if i have to spend RM2k++ for it..If you only have RM500 for comp set so the ceapers 1 is Marchello comp...dunno in our market right now..can get or not..

3) I'm prefer to use 4ch rather then 2ch coz with 4ch you can run the comp in full active (2ch for mid & 2ch for tweet)....with 2ch you need use passive crossover to drive your comp set..that mean you dont have control on your mid & tweet. The soundstream amp you mention before it is Picasso or Xtream model..If Picasso (handcraft in USA) it quite good but to check the model also.. if Xtream (made in china) not worth loor..If I not mistaken Xtream for SPL 1..

oldskolboyz

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
hi, faster check ICe for sale forum...there has someone willing to let go his RS Audio 165 pro...before the hardcore icer catch it.. :rock:

keem

Mar 9, 2005
PJ
wow.. oldskolboyz.. thanks for your very informative reply.. it really helps alot...

But, i think the RS audio 165 pro is kinda out of my budget man... keke...

sigh.... sitll headache on wat to get ...

dev

Known Member
Dec 26, 2003
Pert, Australia
wit 2k there nothing much can b done, bro seriously... need to have good stuff from the top to the bottom... if u put a normal 1 now, i will regret it later cause once u start upgrading more n more u will throw(change) the old 1 cause u need a better 1... try saving more money 1st... mayb like 5k... 4 a start i would suggest a good player (most important part), 4 pieces of 6" mids, 4 tweeters, a amp (not cap tiga ayam) good 1 mayb wit 2 channels to save ur money... but i doubt wit 2k u can get all. those player itself will take 1 1/2 of ur 2k budget :biggrin: depanding on wat u want also... cheerz... its just my suggestion, based on my experiences... all the best in ur decisions

keem

Mar 9, 2005
PJ
ok guys... I dunno should i be happy or not.. but need u guys to tell me

I'd install a soundstream comp set and a soundstream amp, all recommended
by Peter (CV Audio, uptown).. for RM1900..

Soundstream Edge series EGA2160 Amp (80x2@4ohms,160x2@2ohms)
Soundstream PCC.6 Comp set

Note: i've just notice the edge series amp is discontinued. any side
effect if i bought a discontinued amp?

Need advice from u all because Peter still allow me change it if i dun
like it..

(Remark: Thumbs up service for Uncle Peter)

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
A discontinued set amp + component set still cost you 1900? My opinion is he is cutting your throat. This type of amp is you will have no more warranty from factory. If warranty also he will repair it locally, not from the factory. He is trying to push out his old stocks only. I think you can get a cheaper price for this amp.

I come out this type of statement is not to offend any people, just imagine, you buy a Nokia 3210 and have a 1 year warranty, who gives the warranty if got problem? Will Nokia still give you the warranty?

oldskolboyz

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
hi, I think dev it right...U need to plan & upgrade step by step...I suggest HU the last part U can upgrade coz right now HU like a pc very fast outdated one...every year Factory will introduce new line/product..to save more money ..1st get good comp..2nd find good 4ch & 2ch amp..3rd getting sub-woofer..example I have afew frend..right know just waiting for installation...why??? coz to save money & time loorrr..they all just buy & keep wait until everything complete ..due to speaker cable, rca cable, power cable & etc maybe need to change everytime U upgrade.. all this will cost you...If i not mistaken someone try to let go alpine 12' type E sub just for RM3++..I'm using this sub 3 or 4 year's ago..it very good for entry level sub..sound very soft & not to hard...why I suggest RS pro ??? U can check RS line/product..the price gap btw RS pro & Rs precision (top line) almost RM20K...why so much diff...:questionm ....U can think & compared with other's product line..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

BUY F1 TICKETS AT PENANG ROADSHOW AND SAVE RM301

Specially for its F1 roadshow in Penang this weekend, race promoter Sepang International Circuit (SIC) will be offering discounted tickets as well as exclusive F1 radio headsets for fans to enjoy the 2007 Formula One Petronas Malaysian Grand Prix next month.

Purchasers for the first 500 Main Grandstand Lower Tower tickets, which are normally priced at RM1000, would enjoy a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience