Body kit removal

Acer1810

Jul 29, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Dear all,

I bought over my elder brother's Honda accord and wanted to remove the body kits, do you know any shops in Klang, Shah Alam or Subang area where I could safely remove the body kits without damaging the paint job?

I'm not planning to DIY the removal as I wouldn't want to ruin the original paint.
Estimated price to remove?
Can I trade in the body kit as we'll?

Thank you for your recommendations in advance.
Regards,
Acer1810

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Depends on how the kits was installed. If it was installed with nuts bolts / self tapping screws then you can forget about preserving the paint. You'll have holes here and there. If it's just double sided tape, then depending on how you remove the tape may or may not affect your paint.

If you're careful enough, DIY can preserve the paint mah.

Acer1810

Jul 29, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Depends on how the kits was installed. If it was installed with nuts bolts / self tapping screws then you can forget about preserving the paint. You'll have holes here and there. If it's just double sided tape, then depending on how you remove the tape may or may not affect your paint.

If you're careful enough, DIY can preserve the paint mah.
Bro Izso,
Any suggestion or tips on how to remove the body kit if it's double sided tape which leaves the minimum amount of residue?
Regards,
Acer1810

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
stupidcar is on the dot.

First do a complete clean and try to get out as much dirt and dust as possible. Wait for it to completely dry then slowly start to peel. Sometimes you might get lucky and peel the whole double sided tape off together with the body kit.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
for stubborn glue, use stain remover available at ACE Hardware. Dont use alcohol based cleaner as it would strip off the clearcoat of the car paint.

Depends on the extent of bodykit, some area under the bodykit may have retained the colour, while area under sun are somewhat discoloured due to UV. This of course, depends on the total time of when the body kit was installed.

Anyway, no worries about it. Bodykit removal isnt new or rocket science.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi.. my 1.3 auto myvi 2005 in stock condition... everythings original..
mileage is 35k..
this thingis.. a full tank of ron95 RM60 shell can only go for 300 km the most.. normal driving..:banghead:
is this normal?:hmmmm:
or what can i do to improve it?:idea:
as i know 1.3 should go further..:driver:
any advise or share urs?:adore:
tq:biggrin:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience