BMW Z roadsters questions

TODA

Known Member
May 20, 2005
downtheroad
I have google-d and read a few articles about the Z, seemed that they come in flavours of 2.0, 2.2 , 2.5 and 3.0....correct me if im wrong, but I was nvr expose much to the ultimate driving machines......so here goes:

1) if budget allows, is this car a practical buy (ie. travel daily 20km to-fro work, + weekend drives)?

2) use as only car?

3) spare parts availability?

4) which engine should I choose that gives best of both worlds?

5) why many complaints of SMG gearbox in reviews? how does it compare to DSG? (test driven VW's DSG and its addictive!)

6) which gearbox should I opt for?

Finally, Z3 or Z4, which would u buy and why?

:mouth_closed:

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
get Z4, Z3 was a mistake. no matter what engine they put in. any year MX5 is much better than the Z3. drive feel & egornomics.

if you think it worth to "own" a Z3 just so that the neighbours/gf/relatives will go wow, go ahead. it your money.

Z4 made many improvements over the kalorfornia designed "Z3".
trust the ameriacans to shape a roadster. :(

while the Z4 is still holding a premium price, it is & at least should regard as a better roadsters (premium market).

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
use daily yes, any cars can be used daily. its the wallet that shd suffer when high wear & tear, thats all. :)

ZeeDr

Oct 29, 2005
z4 is definitely betta as what koolspyd said.. About the engine choice, it all depends on your wat u r looking for.. without budget constraints, then get the 3.0 or better still get the z4M!! Then u can really appreaciate the ultimate driving machine at its peak.. If u just wanna cruise and for daily driving, i reckon 2.5 is good enuff.. Maintenance will definitely be high bcos it is afterall a BMW.. But bear in mind that u service at 20k intervals.. Bootspace is good enough for weekend trips but definitely not comparable to Golf GTI.. z4 is not a practical car but it is a car that you can live with.. More info, check out: bmwclubmalaysia.com

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I have bought a 4L bottle in Tesco, but it is not sufficient for my car. Anyone knows where i can buy those small 1L Mobil 1 engine oil, since there is no longer Esso/Mobil stations around anymore?

Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience