• Toyota Altezza SXE10

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
That's what I am saying earlier. I say injectors can't handle it because of the extra compressed air. Meaning like more air entering the engine but not enough fuel from the injector because the stock injector is at its limit.
Running injectors at full cycle will kill the injectors really quickly. No matter how much air you throw in the injectors will be able to handle it. If not you'll just run a lean engine when you're on WOT. Meaning most of the time loss of power and hotter engine.

So, drop in won't affect FC much... I think I can consider getting one for my car. Open pod I heard that power will gain at top end but lose at low end.
You want to know how an open pod will feel like? Take out your filter and run filterless. That's how an open pod feels like. I ran filterless for about a month. Mid to top end made a helluva lot of induction noise, even louder than exhaust. Shiok gila. But engine oil got dirty really fast. :biggrin:

I hate open pod. But having said that it's all about tuning the runner length. Drex has his open pod in his bumper and the intake hose goes from bumper to manifold. No loss of low end at all. I've tried that too, problem is my car is a bit too low, water suction I kena before and I have a hole in my bumper directing air to the u-snorkel entrance area where my pod was. So it got dirty very quickly and I ran the risk of water intake.

Anyway, there's lots you can do with filters. Once I get a hold of a proper metal cutter I'm going to put my open pod in my standard box. Need to fabricate a proper box, already got the sheet metal. :biggrin:

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
This setup is long gone already. Friend said that his bro took this car and chased a FD3S RX-7. After the chasing when reach home, engine started to leak oil and there goes the Kelisa pistons. After that, swap back to original Kancil 660 block, pistons and filter.
That first pic, engine oil seems to be all over also.....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

I hate open pod. But having said that it's all about tuning the runner length. Drex has his open pod in his bumper and the intake hose goes from bumper to manifold. No loss of low end at all. I've tried that too, problem is my car is a bit too low, water suction I kena before and I have a hole in my bumper directing air to the u-snorkel entrance area where my pod was. So it got dirty very quickly and I ran the risk of water intake.

Anyway, there's lots you can do with filters. Once I get a hold of a proper metal cutter I'm going to put my open pod in my standard box. Need to fabricate a proper box, already got the sheet metal. :biggrin:
Lead it up to your windscreen like 4 X 4.....hahahahahhaa:biggrin:

hgbee

Known Member
Feb 15, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Running injectors at full cycle will kill the injectors really quickly. No matter how much air you throw in the injectors will be able to handle it. If not you'll just run a lean engine when you're on WOT. Meaning most of the time loss of power and hotter engine.

You want to know how an open pod will feel like? Take out your filter and run filterless. That's how an open pod feels like. I ran filterless for about a month. Mid to top end made a helluva lot of induction noise, even louder than exhaust. Shiok gila. But engine oil got dirty really fast. :biggrin:

Whats WOT?

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

If I do so, I might risk killing my engine. I'm surprised that you manage to run it for one month. The air in our country is so dusty plus you are living in a city area. I thought without a filter, all sorts of things can enter the engine which can kill the engine fast. BTW, how much hp gain do you think this kind of filterless setup can gain?

That first pic, engine oil seems to be all over also.....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

Lead it up to your windscreen like 4 X 4.....hahahahahhaa:biggrin:
Haha, yeah, looks like it. Whole engine is soaked in oil. This was taken 2 years ago. During that time, I still don't have much clue about engine yet. Camshaft dont know, crankshaft don't know, valve don't know, intake and exhaust manifold also don't know.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
If I do so, I might risk killing my engine. I'm surprised that you manage to run it for one month. The air in our country is so dusty plus you are living in a city area. I thought without a filter, all sorts of things can enter the engine which can kill the engine fast. BTW, how much hp gain do you think this kind of filterless setup can gain?

Haha, yeah, looks like it. Whole engine is soaked in oil. This was taken 2 years ago. During that time, I still don't have much clue about engine yet. Camshaft dont know, crankshaft don't know, valve don't know, intake and exhaust manifold also don't know.
U might risk it, but if only a big stone went in it hahahaha.
Small tiny stones and dusts should be alright. In the combustion chamber exploded dy lol

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Come up under the engine bounce around in the bay or some one like Izso using RSR on the road, then stones flip up to their CAI or something. :laugh:
That's nasty if something like that went in. If broken plastic bags or dry leaves entering the engine? No problem as well?

garychong1

Apr 1, 2012
Subang Jaya
Dear TS, for around that price of 40-50k you could consider also consider a used J spec manual Vios. They're relatively new, decent power, decent handling (with a few strut bars), good comfort around town, easy to maintain, easy to get a loan, easy to mod, and most importantly low maintenance cost (Toyota is well known for its reliability). Just my 2 cents :driver:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Come up under the engine bounce around in the bay or some one like Izso using RSR on the road, then stones flip up to their CAI or something. :laugh:
Imagination gone wild. BIG stone how to enter the small inlet piping......hahahahaha:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

Plastic burnnn. So if u are smart u will not drive thru a bag on the road, it will stick up to ur extractor or somesort and burnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, faiyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Suck up to your extractor? Probably all gooey in your combustion camber, jam up your valve and plug...I don't know actually what will happen unless you willing to do a test.....hahahhahaha:biggrin:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Imagination gone wild. BIG stone how to enter the small inlet piping......hahahahaha:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

Suck up to your extractor? Probably all gooey in your combustion camber, jam up your valve and plug...I don't know actually what will happen unless you willing to do a test.....hahahhahaha:biggrin:
Nono, stuck on the exterior of extractorrr. Not inside. Melted and gooey lo.
Like under SF's BLM ahha.

Ryuuken

Known Member
Apr 2, 2011
Subang Jaya

Where u get the metal sheet!!! i want one too.. thought of redesigning few pipes for intakes and oil cooler to redirect the air from the front. Please please please tell me...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Beading Effect for KKE Thick Wax -

When water is sprayed on a normal car surface, the water would generally form a film and remain on the car paint and would probably dry on the car. The water drying on the car has several problems like leaving water spots, dirt dryin on the car etc. Even harmfull effects of bugs, tree saps, road film harms your car paint and its finish.

An unprotected car paint would probably have a water film.

KKE Thick Wax is to be applied by hand using a wax...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience