Beware When Buying 4g93 Na From Potong Kereta

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

satria81

500 RPM
Sep 19, 2005
PETALING JAYA
Dear Ppl,

I just wanna share something which i had big problem with.Lately i got into a craze of converting my 4g92p to 4g93p...n at that point there was no putra/gti available for sale n the only other solution is to try at the chop shop's.What happen is that to my bad luck i was recommended a half cut which is the mitsubishi eterna(perdana body)4g93 na.I bought it for RM2,150 without gearbox n body parts.The problem encountered as follows

1)It has a bloody harness that does not suit wira/satria/putra n this had severe problem when u wanna on the aircond...the engine starts vibrating bad badly n u loose power to the max...reason is bcos the eterna runs on digital aircond which cannot fox into satria/putra/wira.In short the wiring DOES NOT SUIT THE ABOVE MENTIONED BODIES(msian).
2)It has a bloody screwed up computer box-ecu with code(6123)...this is a shitty ecu with no power aka very underpowered...trust me msian 4g93p can outrun it with no sweat due to its fuel mapping n stuff...furthermore u have speed cut at 180km/h.
3)The pistons are super low compression(REALLY FLAT TOP)at least msian stock std has a little curve at all 4 sides...n this is also a big prob.

So ppl,reason behind this topic is to hope that nobody else makes this same big foolish mistake like me,i really hope so...now im like in a 2 nd conversion to change ecu,pistons....shit

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
satria81 said:
Dear Ppl,

I just wanna share something which i had big problem with.Lately i got into a craze of converting my 4g92p to 4g93p...n at that point there was no putra/gti available for sale n the only other solution is to try at the chop shop's.What happen is that to my bad luck i was recommended a half cut which is the mitsubishi eterna(perdana body)4g93 na.I bought it for RM2,150 without gearbox n body parts.The problem encountered as follows

1)It has a bloody harness that does not suit wira/satria/putra n this had severe problem when u wanna on the aircond...the engine starts vibrating bad badly n u loose power to the max...reason is bcos the eterna runs on digital aircond which cannot fox into satria/putra/wira.In short the wiring DOES NOT SUIT THE ABOVE MENTIONED BODIES(msian).
2)It has a bloody screwed up computer box-ecu with code(6123)...this is a shitty ecu with no power aka very underpowered...trust me msian 4g93p can outrun it with no sweat due to its fuel mapping n stuff...furthermore u have speed cut at 180km/h.
3)The pistons are super low compression(REALLY FLAT TOP)at least msian stock std has a little curve at all 4 sides...n this is also a big prob.

So ppl,reason behind this topic is to hope that nobody else makes this same big foolish mistake like me,i really hope so...now im like in a 2 nd conversion to change ecu,pistons....shit
Yes, u are. Next time do asked around (or this ZTH) or consult your mechanic before buying a halfcut. Judging from the car itself also we all know it's different. FYI, Everyone knew that both Perdana (Eterna) and Wira/Putra have a different chasis and mounting, with different wiring harness also!!.

Dino,
Got this model. It's a younger brother of local Perdana 2.0sei.

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
wah, thanx for the info bro. but i believe mountings for 63 and 93 is similar so meaning both can fit into either lancer and galant.

there is Galant 1.8, just like there is Accord 1.8. the market is for those who prefer big size sedan and dont bother about underpowered.

anyway, my 92 is gud enuff for me. hope to get good year end bouns, then can change the head from SOHC to DOHC. that way got power, but 50% road tax..:D

kher

1,500 RPM
Aug 30, 2004
Klang, Selangor
Visit site
I tot this engine got come from lancer body also wic fits wira ngam ngam?

1st time hear ur prob.... Normally ppl would be very happy n start modding the japan 4g93 transplanted....

thteh86

2,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Subang Jaya, Ma
Visit site
zan said:
wah, thanx for the info bro. but i believe mountings for 63 and 93 is similar so meaning both can fit into either lancer and galant.

there is Galant 1.8, just like there is Accord 1.8. the market is for those who prefer big size sedan and dont bother about underpowered.

anyway, my 92 is gud enuff for me. hope to get good year end bouns, then can change the head from SOHC to DOHC. that way got power, but 50% road tax..:D
i tot the mounting for 4g1X is the same as 4g9x? maybe i'm wrong, hehehehhe thanks

kwai

1,500 RPM
Dec 18, 2004
Perak
Visit site
no la, really got 4g93 dohc frm eterna....

i found it last time when i looking for my halfcut, but anyway, i think u should redo the wiring.... :D or get another set...
since got ppl convert their 4g92 sohc to dohc with dohc head... check with them see how they do the wiring, then u see wat u can rojak now... :D

dun worry la, thos iswara with 4g9x engine also custom wiring also run happy now...
n i dun think the mits stock ecu is slow, as we see 97 putra n wira le are fast....

low compression... how do u know it? :D better to test ur compression b4 doing anything....

if wat u said is true,
maybe the previous owner did bolt on turbo on the engine, n now everything taken out, then he did rechip the ecu, so u felt ur a/f have big prob, then he did lower the compression for higher boost, tats why u got low compression... :D

so check properly with ur mech... :D

above just my 2 cents... :D

btw, without gearbox, rm2k plus with so much rojak work, is abit not worth it... :D
why not just buy n engine kosong n rojak the wiring.... :D cheaper...

my another 2cents.... :D

Last edited:

badguy

500 RPM
Jun 15, 2004
last time i search for my half-cut arounf klang
i saw alot lancer body with 4G93 DOHC insiide
at the first y u not take this half cut??
if u tak lancer body should not be any problem
dashboard also can fit in!
no need to rewiring digital air-con
all the thing just plug and play

Xe3dEvZL

Jun 15, 2005
Selangor
i'm 4G93 SOCH mitsubishi driver
frm 4G92p (auto)to 4G93

how come u buy so expensive ? RM800 = engine & RM1200 = 1.8 gearbox

so far i never meet any problem of it ....not much ppl will using this engine same like mine,if u are using this engine.i wish to share and discuss together.

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
kher said:
I tot this engine got come from lancer body also wic fits wira ngam ngam?

1st time hear ur prob.... Normally ppl would be very happy n start modding the japan 4g93 transplanted....
there are eterna variance for it.. and trust me.. it doesn't fit.. this is not the first case i heard.. a few already i heard fallen victim to it, thinking itz the same 93 as lancer/gti/putra engine.

malyadayada

Known Member
Oct 28, 2004
actually it's from a e52a chassis looks like a perdana...
im using tis engine....
wiring rojak...aircond panel also rojak......
now running fine but problem with driveshaft....hehhehhe
i bought my halfcut at RM1800 only end of 2004.....
complete without bodiparts....
a mechanic ask me to fit a turbo kit to the engine coz it had a lubang minyka for the turbo....
dunno yet gotta study first....

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi to all sifu here,

I am going to buy some body kit (bumper, side skirt, & spoiler), can anyone recommend any trustable shop to install the above body kit.
Preferably in Cheras area.

Thanks in advance.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience