Best ECU below 1.1k-1.2k for VTEC

All Fair comment except most missed out the cost vs. fuctionailty

I read that crome cost about RM600 to RM800 while Hondata is RM2k at least?? So to all mildly tuned NA Vtecs out there who wants to tune their AFR and adjust some ignition timing which is more feasible? Mostly we want a cheap option to squeeze abit more effeciency and to bypass the speed cut; Does a daily driven car really need datalogging?

Of course you rich buggers driving the GTRs and new FI cars should go for standalone if only for the bragging rights

Last edited:

I read that crome cost about RM600 to RM800 while Hondata is RM2k at least?? So to all mildly tuned NA Vtecs out there who wants to tune their AFR and adjust some ignition timing which is more feasible? Mostly we want a cheap option to squeeze abit more effeciency and to bypass the speed cut; Does a daily driven car really need datalogging?

Of course you rich buggers driving the GTRs and new FI cars should go for standalone if only for the bragging rights

Hondata can get for RM1.2k 2nd hand.

VAFC II - Rm700-900 2nd hand.

another thing is whether all those functions in an ECU is something you require or not..and according to budget or not. different setup/application will require diff kind of ecu..

datalogging is useful to ANY car daily or track driven to troubleshoot problems that can cost a bomb for trial and error ...when sensor starts giving out wrong readings, it can show signs of similar failures like oil pump, fuel pump, bad tuning etc etc....instead of trying out everything one by one you can save all that money if u had a datalogger.

dont generalize ppl la bro...we all here to share and discuss not to flame. a lot of ppl here work hard and save to buy their car cause of the passion...maybe a small pool of them are born rich..but chill la.. lets keep the discussion healthy. standalone is good, but again, comes down to your setup, requirement and budget. peace bro

????:confused: why so angry bro? hehe. chill..

For N/A you must go for Crome. In comparison with Vafc, crome is a better option as you'll have launch control, target idle and ignition timing maps.

Alright calm down people : D

Thanks for the advice..

But im currently in midst of deciding the following

EM-CON ( e-manage price shoot up too high with ignition harness =/ )
VAFC II

Only thing holding me back is i heard that with an ignition harness with the EM-CON/E-manage you will have extra tuning capabilities over the VAFC II ..

Could the sifus shine some light on this..

I would love to sell all my gadgets for a hondata but that would be a stupid move so i guess hondata will have to wait till im actually earning big $$ still a student btw.. Totally respect what a hondata can do and for that price its really worth it but i can't afford it.

Thanks

Alright calm down people : D

Thanks for the advice..

But im currently in midst of deciding the following

EM-CON ( e-manage price shoot up too high with ignition harness =/ )
VAFC II

Only thing holding me back is i heard that with an ignition harness with the EM-CON/E-manage you will have extra tuning capabilities over the VAFC II ..

Could the sifus shine some light on this..

I would love to sell all my gadgets for a hondata but that would be a stupid move so i guess hondata will have to wait till im actually earning big $$ still a student btw.. Totally respect what a hondata can do and for that price its really worth it but i can't afford it.

Thanks

Then why not go for chipping via crome ? You'll have ignition maps, fuel maps, launch limiter, rev limiter and vtec controller. This is one of the cheapest and reliable option.

????:confused: why so angry bro? hehe. chill..

I'm not angry; just being blunt

We all know 'our mothers are women' and standalone > piggy and hondata is bestest BUT most VTec tuners are also 'poor folks' playing with 15 yo NA EG/EKs why would you pay extra for datalogging, additional injector control ect? :stupid:

If you drive a FI then myb you need the xtra functionalities to max. your boost but FI and hondas are an unnatural marriage.

to reiterate, I'm not angry, it is just my blunt character

BTW for H22A which hondata to use? What r the difference btw S300 & S300j?

I'm not angry; just being blunt

We all know 'our mothers are women' and standalone > piggy and hondata is bestest BUT most VTec tuners are also 'poor folks' playing with 15 yo NA EG/EKs why would you pay extra for datalogging, additional injector control ect? :stupid:

If you drive a FI then myb you need the xtra functionalities to max. your boost but FI and hondas are an unnatural marriage.

to reiterate, I'm not angry, it is just my blunt character

BTW for H22A which hondata to use? What r the difference btw S300 & S300j?

Haha, I was just joking bro. I agree with your point as well. It's just that I feel with the additional features and maybe with a lil extra cash, we might as well get a standalone. :cheers::cheers: And I like your straight-foward personality. It actually kicks us and bring us back to reality. Hehe.

To your question on which ECU for H22A, it is S300. S300J is for the JDM ECU as compared to the S300 which is for USDM ECU. The functions are all the same if I'm not mistaken. The reason they have two different types of S300 is because of the shape of the ECU frame. I think our ECU's shape is different from the USDM ECU's. Plus, if I remember correctly S300J is a little slower to upload something. Can't remember what. Apart from that, there is also something else that will not work in J. I think its the purge control or something like that, I'm not familiar with that though. Just based on what I read before. Need other experts to confirm and clarify this.

Last edited:
all this talk of crome... but no mention where to do it... and price...

pls do tell... been trying to find out...but cant seem to get any info

Quite a few people mentioned Crome but I don't think it's easy to get it here and I think to find a tuner is even more difficult. In JB, no tuner ever said anything about Crome so far. Maybe you have to buy it yourself and then hope to get someone who is good in tuning it.

precisely.

bro im far from Sifu category ... :bawling: still a lot to learn.

not too sure about crome or neptune bro...but from the typical comments about ECU discussion is.

"all depends on tuner"

so if your tuner is good with neptune or chrome....better go that way...if your tuner is pro vafc/hondata...thats the route you got to go... :)

another thing is whether all those functions in an ECU is something you require or not..and according to budget or not. different setup/application will require diff kind of ecu..

like jb area i never heard of any chrome tuner...maybe kl got im not sure. VAFC.. KL, Penang, Johor can find tuner. VAFC display function also very useful..saved me alot of money and traouble in troubleshooting problems :itsme:

I think Crome is the program used to manipulate rechipped eprom so you normally do not hear bout it. That is why I asked are all rechipped using Crome or are there other program.

We normally hear rechipped according to Mines or Jun ect but these are specification while the program used could be Crome.

1 question - what is the cheapest way to bypass speed cut/ rev cut?

For crome you just need to buy a burner and a spare chip that's all. I got my hands on crome and its easy to use also. No rocket science is involved in it. Crome is available freely on internet if you go for crome pro that is payware. But no need la of crome pro. :)

u can ask dcloo.. he always prefer ecu re chipping with using chrome software.. his shop at kota kemuning..

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

I think Crome is the program used to manipulate rechipped eprom so you normally do not hear bout it. That is why I asked are all rechipped using Crome or are there other program.

We normally hear rechipped according to Mines or Jun ect but these are specification while the program used could be Crome.

1 question - what is the cheapest way to bypass speed cut/ rev cut?

bypass speed cut - install rsm/pivot speedmeter
bypass rev cut - for h22a i think no need, bcoz torque already drop at 7.5k rpm onward..

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom