ARSENAL FC, best club in england, the world and

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

topui11

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
Visit site
hmm.. it's 2pm and still no news in soccernet regarding anything from arsenal.

ok.. then let's get on with the show.... put cole back in, freaking rotate reyes with hleb/rosicky and get dirty with the defense!

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
munpeng said:
Recommend me your job after I got my degree okay? I want a job with 5 days of holiday too. And I want the trip to Thailand also, I'll contact you once I got my degree 2 years later... See you then.

Those Thai chics maybe guys, sometimes you have to touch abit to make sure they are original stuffs you know....
Haha, you sure you wanna do the dirty job as a salesman? Despite the fun times that i had, you wouldn't wanna know how hard i've worked for the past 1 year. At times, i even had to work on Sundays. Getting sweaty and dirty in engineering yards while promoting your products and doing demo under the hot sun is normal. So i think my 5 day holiday is justified. Haha.

My friend says that you cannot claim you've been to Thailand if you've not been to RCA, one of the hottest disco in Bangkok. I was scared for once, simply because there were too many girls inside it. Contrary to popular belief that some are she-males, those gals inside the disco definitely are girls. Young 20 to 25 year old chics. Everywhere is just girls dancing and drinking and raving. Me and my mates had a really great time hanging out and drinking with the Thai chics that we barely know. Some can speak good English, some can't. But communication is a lot easier inside discos, afterall its not like you can hear a lot. They're so much more friendly and approachable, unlike Malaysian chics that give you the stare when you try to be friendly or just to make friends. Stare abit more, their boy friends or guy friends will give you the cock stare.

munpeng

500 RPM
Apr 9, 2006
Haha, the girls you stare in Malaysian clubs are 'taken', maybe that's why. If Bangkok is full of friendly chics, then I wouldn't mind considering working on Sundays, in order to get 5 days of holiday man. Haha, I'll think about that.

munpeng

500 RPM
Apr 9, 2006
A friendly match between Argentina and Brazil will be held at Emirates Stadium this sunday. Expecting live broadcast of it. Should be an enjoying match to watch.

topui11

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
Visit site
seems like tevez and mascherano going to the hammers...

haih... ARGH! another disappointing transfer window if we didn't get any deals done.

munpeng

500 RPM
Apr 9, 2006
Good news. Cygan was said to be on the way to Villarreal, according to soccernet.com.

Baptista, an Arsenal target a year ago was said to be on loan to Arsenal, with Reyes heading the opposite direction. Baptista is not good at all, watched some Real games and I dare to make a conclusion that he just can't pass the ball properly, he disappointed all his Real teammates with his game, really.

But, still good news since Reyes has left. I don't want negative forces in our camp.

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Cygan for one, definitely won't be missed. He never really had a good time in Arsenal. At times, he would be immense and almost winning every aerial header. At times, he would look so lost and so slow and made to look silly by strikers. I'm glad Arsenal offload him and still made some money. But i'm thankful for his contribution.

As for Reyes, i have no qualms about him leaving. He's one of the more hardworking players on the field, doing all sort of running and chasing down lost balls. His assist rate is the highest last season, so no complains about his contribution. I felt he had every potential to be a great Arsenal player but its a pity he couldn't adapt to life in London. An unsettled player will never perform at the highest level, fact of life.

Cole dissapoints me most. He was the wonderkid on the left side that was brought up by Wenger single handedly. He showed so much potential and even managed to dislodged the lightning quick Silvinho and the more experience Van Bronckhorst. When Chelsea made an approach, he gladly met them and was caught red handed and was subsequently made the sacrificial lamb for Arsenal to have a go against the mighty cash rich Chelsea. From that moment, it was all over for his career at Arsenal as you could see his performance isn't the same anymore. I hope he takes the SWP route and never perform as he used to at the old club. And when he retires, he can look back at his career and finds out his best playing time was with Arsenal.

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Baptista is one player Wenger will find most useful. I think he's a much better signing than Rosicky. Baptista is an extremely strong player, good aerial ability and plays thru the middle and to forward position and will be a good attacking midfielder if not striker. I'm glad he finally arrives in Arsenal. It'll shore up our hollow attacking strikeforce while Henry takes time to get his form back running.

munpeng

500 RPM
Apr 9, 2006
Baptista can't pass balls. I watched too much of that already. He's good in the air, which is something we lack in. That's the only good thing he has, and of course he can score too. I am just criticising his passings, in which I am always critical. Oh yeah, he didn't travel to Germany.

Yes, looking on the brighter side, it's still great that unsettled players are leaving quickly.

s3rge

Known Member
Apr 29, 2005
i think the important part is that we got gallas now, he could cover up for our inexperienced left backs if they made any mistakes

topui11

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
Visit site
munpeng...

with all the passing around the ball thats been going on the past few games, do u really want baptista to pass? heheeh.. i want him to make a run and shoot... head the ball... tackle some strikers....

woot woot... so happy! :D

Saga Continue

1,500 RPM
May 14, 2004
Ampang Baybeh
Visit site
dont be to happy topui....as long as i dont see in Arsaenal website that we signed gallas and baptista....im not gonna believe anything that the press says...

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
http://www.chelseafc.com/article.asp?hlid=413499&title=Cole+to+Chelsea,+Gallas+to+Arsenal&nav=news

soccernet.com and arsenal.com is slow to report of the swap deal of Cole and Gallas. Above is the statement released by chelseafc.com and its now confirmed both clubs have gotten their respective players.

All i can say is, there's a happy ending for everyone. Chelsea got their player they wanted all year long. Arsenal got a fine replacement in a seasoned player of Gallas. Reyes gets his wish of playing for Real. Arsenal get their long coveted player in Baptista. Now i'm looking forward the next Arsenal game where the new players will be played!!!

topui11

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
Visit site
i think soccernet.com is quite a reliable source other than arsenal.com, rite?

anyway, it'll interesting the next few weeks to see the team starts to play together. :D

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Arsenal made some good deals. Offloading the unsettled players is most vital. So to lose Reyes and Cole and gain 2 players in return is great. Gallas will steady the back and Baptista will provide some strength in front.

Although, that's nothing compared to what the Hammers pulled off. Must be the moves of the century.

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Do not forget Arsenal actually lost more players than gained. While i have no complains about the quality players that were brought in, it has to be noted that Bergkamp, Pires, Cole, Reyes, Cygan and Campbell left us while we only managed to bring in Rosicky, Gallas and Baptista. But of coz we promoted a few juniors and though they might not have that much experience, they've proved to be quite capable replacements too.

Got to agree that West Ham pulled off the move of the century. Definitely something fishy. But from now on, i won't be that surprise if Wigan suddently announces they've secured Ronaldinho or Reading buying Buffon.

munpeng

500 RPM
Apr 9, 2006
I'll have my reservations about Baptista. But I hope he would prove me wrong.

Finally a big name experienced defender, we really lacked some defenders who are internationally world class. Now we got Gallas.

munpeng

500 RPM
Apr 9, 2006
Btw, Reyes and Cole are natural left footer, now that we have lost Cygan too, we could miss some natural left sided players. Clichy still has some way to go before playing a competitive game.

So, the shaky Hoyte will still be playing left back for now. Whereas Djourou would take a rest and allow Gallas to step in alongside Toure.

Read arsenal.com that Baptista is more suitable for a central role, a fella was quoted in saying that Real couldn't utilise him because they already have Emerson and Diarra in their midfield, so he can't really fit in. Interesting to see how Wenger is gonna play him. Can't imagine him replacing Either Fabregas or Gilberto, as both of them are needed in helping defense.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hallo guys,

Do you guys know where to buy S84 dashboard ? I have been looking around this thing but no luck :banghead:. Please some info guys..
Very much appreciated.
Thks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience