Anybody 2 teach me modify P.Iswara discBrake sys front/rear???

taieugene

:eek: Me from JB wish any of Sifu and friends here can provide me wif good advise on changing my rear drumbrake sys to disc sys...
How Much $$$ to include all installation
Do i need to change my original 13"rims to bigger one :eek:
Any recommendation at JB???
Any negative results on installing the disc sys cos wat i know that the advantage is better braking :wink:

yes... first of all u need to change to at least 14inch rims... if not ur rims wouldnt fit after installing the disc brake...
perhaps u can get chopshop ones... better still look for those plug n play one lo... ask other sifu sifu here which car model suitable for iswara (coz i never modded my brake before)... then get a reliable mech and pasang...
one thing to keep in mind... if ur car dont have ABS, dont go for too powerful brakes... coz they will lock ur brakes often... moderate ones enough adi...

usually they use mirage rear brake.it will cost u around 600 w/o installation. or u can use vr4 brake that more cheaper i think around 500-450. the installation cost usually around 100 and below. i've used it the mirage wan at my iswara and perrgghh,,, it never failed me when emergency brake...

normal engine doesnt required to change or upgrade brake system...

unless u mods or changed engine...then only gotta convert drum to discbrake......my 2 cents

just upgrade ur master pump to double layer one... that's should have very good breaking performance already . :D

An iswara was the first car i started moding.... i had VR4 brakes installed on the front.... it was blurdy good!!! my car was standard 1.3 with 2L turbo brakes!!! u just imagine the stopping power!!.... i use to play the car in B3 in shah alam.... late braking was super!!! and of course it never faded even once... super duper confident!! and on the road when playing with friends, i could outbrake them all.... hehehe.... :wink:

i had it installed for RM350... hardware, skimming and instalation... and yes even on the 15"s i was on, it looked pretty cramped... so i recon 14's minimum, but 15's is just right...

boyzone said:
just upgrade ur master pump to double layer one... that's should have very good breaking performance already . :D

yes this is also another option.... feel is good, but the only problem is the standard discs will fade under constant hard usage.... i had another friend who did this one...

minivan said:
An iswara was the first car i started moding.... i had VR4 brakes installed on the front.... it was blurdy good!!! my car was standard 1.3 with 2L turbo brakes!!! u just imagine the stopping power!!.... i use to play the car in B3 in shah alam.... late braking was super!!! and of course it never faded even once... super duper confident!! and on the road when playing with friends, i could outbrake them all.... hehehe.... :wink:

i had it installed for RM350... hardware, skimming and instalation... and yes even on the 15"s i was on, it looked pretty cramped... so i recon 14's minimum, but 15's is just right...

i'm also planning to upgrade my brakes to VR4 ones..i'm just wondering were they plug and play with your original knuckles?? Cause there are some people telling me that its plug and play while some says need to modify the bracket?? Will be great if u can help me out here!! Thanks in advance man!!

saga and iswara is relatively light car...about 900kg++. power is so-so which explains the need for rear drums setup instead of discs.

unless u had upgraded ur engine power output to producing more than 120bhp, u do need a good braking system; its required by law.

having all discs setup is an added assurance however, giving better braking power when u need it. but i doubt so during emergency application, one will easily locked all tyres and then he will be helpless as the car is not manuverable anymore.

one way to contra this factor is maybe use a heavy wheel (added unsprung weight), perhaps a 16". u will lose power and fuel but u will gain better handling and looks.

my advice - sell the iswara, get a satria 1.6. a 95 example is juz slightly over 20K. look at buy and sell forum. :D cheers.

u also need to remember that 70-80% of a cars braking is from the front... thats why even with all round discs, front is ventilated and rear is usually solid... even with up market setups are front is 4 pot and rear 2 pots... but yes, if you convert ur engine, JPJ does require you rear discs...

one more thing, its good to learn how to be your own ABS. But in true emergency case, lain cerita....:tongue:

justin_vspec said:
i'm also planning to upgrade my brakes to VR4 ones..i'm just wondering were they plug and play with your original knuckles?? Cause there are some people telling me that its plug and play while some says need to modify the bracket?? Will be great if u can help me out here!! Thanks in advance man!!

i not sure about laa bro... when i did this (long time back), i just left it at the shops. Morning send, afternoon pick up. But it worked great...

i read on other thread saying plug&play from proton satria/wira/putra? but pcd 100? anyone tried b4?

Your options are aplenty:

For the front, commonly VR4, Mirage or Supertouring.
Similarly for the rear.
Brake/Servo/Master pump from E33A methinks. Last time was E12A.

I'm running on Supertouring E12A for the front (ventilated) and Mirage C51 (solid) for the rear.
HUGE difference esp. when I first change the front and the pump.
The rear doesn't make MUCH difference.

Btw, isn't this should be in "Car Mod" thread?
Also check out the "Sticky" Saga/Iswara Rear Disk Brake Solutions thread, authored by Vestax.

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=3022

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom