Amps and matching RMS

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

spetnaz

Known Member
May 17, 2005
Klang Valley
Need sifoos advice here. I'm a newbie in ICE and my set up is CD5425 Hu, Front Comp CDT KA-61 powered by Rogers RA-6248 with 2 X 45 W RMS @ 14.4V @ 4 ohms. So far i'm satisfied with the set up but my question is whether the amp's power is enough to drive the comps since the RMS is low? So far, even at high volume, no distrortion from the components. I raised this question bcoz from the forum, it seems that higher powered amp is preferred ie. 75 or 100 W per channel.

If it is in the opinion of the sifoos here that the 45W X 2 could not drive the components to the max, i'm planning to buy a more powerful amp for the components but to use back the Rogers amp for my sub. At present, i'm using cap ayam 800W amp and a single 10" woofer which i intent to upgrade. My another question is can the amp whack a single 10/12 " SVC in sealed/ported enclosure? I dont fancy boom boom bass, prefer a "soft type" bass.

Many thanks.

mnkh0027

Known Member
Jan 14, 2004
Pj, Selangor
www.audio-creations.com
spetnaz said:
Need sifoos advice here. I'm a newbie in ICE and my set up is CD5425 Hu, Front Comp CDT KA-61 powered by Rogers RA-6248 with 2 X 45 W RMS @ 14.4V @ 4 ohms. So far i'm satisfied with the set up but my question is whether the amp's power is enough to drive the comps since the RMS is low? So far, even at high volume, no distrortion from the components. I raised this question bcoz from the forum, it seems that higher powered amp is preferred ie. 75 or 100 W per channel.

If it is in the opinion of the sifoos here that the 45W X 2 could not drive the components to the max, i'm planning to buy a more powerful amp for the components but to use back the Rogers amp for my sub. At present, i'm using cap ayam 800W amp and a single 10" woofer which i intent to upgrade. My another question is can the amp whack a single 10/12 " SVC in sealed/ported enclosure? I dont fancy boom boom bass, prefer a "soft type" bass.

Many thanks.
If you're happy with your current cap ayam amp and sub, then there's not much point swapping it with the Rogers. Just sell it off to fund the purchase of a new 2 channel amp for your CDT components.

If you plan to upgrade the subwoofer to something better in the future, I believe neither your 800w cap ayam or 45w x 2 Rogers would suffice.

How does Helix Dark Blue 4 @ 80wrms x 2 interest you? I've 1 last brand new unopened unit. RM1200.

http://www.audiotec-fischer.com/englisch/produkte/db2.html

spetnaz

Known Member
May 17, 2005
Klang Valley
mnkh0027 said:
If you're happy with your current cap ayam amp and sub, then there's not much point swapping it with the Rogers. Just sell it off to fund the purchase of a new 2 channel amp for your CDT components.

If you plan to upgrade the subwoofer to something better in the future, I believe neither your 800w cap ayam or 45w x 2 Rogers would suffice.

How does Helix Dark Blue 4 @ 80wrms x 2 interest you? I've 1 last brand new unopened unit. RM1200.

http://www.audiotec-fischer.com/englisch/produkte/db2.html

Thanks for the offer, but RM1.2K is waaay beyond reach bro! Have to upgrade the sub later, just finished RM2.3K for the HU+Comps+Amp :wink: poor man's ICE :wink:

A Post Every 5 Mins

HiD
Can anyone tell me the price for H4 hid bulbs (philips 6000k-7000k), together with the ballast witht he wires and stuff?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience