Alternative alternator for 20v svt??

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

olskool

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2005
PJ
Hi All,

Is there an alternative alternator a 4age 20v SVT that can used?

With higher AMPs?

Also to withstand high revs/redline?

Thanks in advance.:driver:

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
I think can use Alternator from BT as well.

olskool

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2005
PJ
I think can use Alternator from BT as well.
Yeah can...but it's the same amps output...so no point..

need a higher amp output...a compatible one..

Last edited:

t-la

1,000 RPM
May 10, 2005
secret place
bro, you seem to be replying to all my questions...so thank you!! :adore::adore:

btw which model bro?
still using it until now. dunno exact model...got at chop shop, they said its from camry 2.2 yr 96, the socket is same... 1st week use the cable burn, fix it then kautim.:driver:

olskool

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2005
PJ
t-la, you tha man la!! thanks bro! everything is working fine..all lights are brighter, idling better, a/c more powerful, etc... :biggrin:

bought it during the weekend and installed it. it's from a 5S-FE 2.2 engine.. it's a direct fit and I learnt that it's a bitch to take out an alternator from a AE101 20v! They should have just put it on top of the compressor like the 4afe and the 5S engines!!! hehe..

anyway, no mod done but the socket was different..it's just a matter of joining the old wires to the new socket..very straight forward coz the colour of the wires are the same. See pics la..

The one with the blue tab is from the 4age svt (70amp)..green tab from the 5S (80apm)

Last edited:

Raymond_Hu

500 RPM
Oct 26, 2004
Cheras
Visit site
if the generator generate 80Amp, will it endanger the wiring or other item or equipment in the car ??

Bump: if the generator generate 80Amp, will it endanger the wiring or other item or equipment in the car ??

Bump: if the generator generate 80Amp, will it endanger the wiring or other item or equipment in the car ??

olskool

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2005
PJ
if the generator generate 80Amp, will it endanger the wiring or other item or equipment in the car ??
i think you meant alternator and not generator rite? all newer alternators comes with a regulator.. it sits below the heat sink area...the belang2 part which looks like ur pc's processor heat sink. it allows constant power to charge the battery..the bigger the amp the bigger the battery..so easily put, if you're using an alternator from a 5S engine, just make sure that you're using the same type battery that comes stock with the car..

whatever you add in the car, be it better alarm, ICE, spot lights, this and that meters, all take more power which your stock battery/alternator sometimes can't cope..

anyway, i went to a battery shop to check if the voltage is good (use proper meter from the battery shop and not the ones that sell of the shelf volt meters) and before i changed it, daytime driving, it reads ard 12v. nighttime, 10.5/11v. after i changed it, NEVER below 12.5 at any given time..

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/alternator3.htm

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
hi all. can I apply this method for standard 4afe alternator?
thanks

olskool

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2005
PJ
Sorry bro, I can't help you there as i've not tried it.

but what's important is having the same fit alternator..that you'd have to try or maybe you can measure it before going to the chop shop.. your's should be easy to measure as it sits in front of the engine..

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
thanks for your advice bro olskool

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We only get a sketch of Aston Martin’s new LMP1 racer for now but the British automaker says that work on the new chassis and powerplant has already been ongoing for the last few months at their Banbury racing headquarters with a target of the first of six cars hitting the tracks in early 2011 before tearing up the Le Mans 24 Hours race.

The racer is being designed from the ground up with an Aston...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience