air con coming out from unwanted places

silverwave

Known Member
Nov 25, 2005
My satria has this problem especially when it rains. the lower part of the front glass will be covered with mist because the air con is still on in that part. My control for the air con is spoil, therefore i cannot adjust it. is there anything that can be done to repair this? last time i consulted a shop, and the shopkeeper recommended that he has to remove the whole dashboard to fix it. anyone knows whether this is a good idea and how much it will cost?

TiBuN

Known Member
May 16, 2004
Penang / BM
Visit site
Maybe you can try removing your blower, and check whether your external vent got leak or not, if yes maybe can try fully seal your external vent. (Once fully seal then later cannot open back d)

Have the similar problem last time, recently just fix it using the above method.

Redline_club

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2005
www.redline-club.com
silverwave said:
My satria has this problem especially when it rains. the lower part of the front glass will be covered with mist because the air con is still on in that part. My control for the air con is spoil, therefore i cannot adjust it. is there anything that can be done to repair this? last time i consulted a shop, and the shopkeeper recommended that he has to remove the whole dashboard to fix it. anyone knows whether this is a good idea and how much it will cost?
u mean the outlet control left right up down???

sta

500 RPM
Dec 26, 2004
use sticky tape to cover the vents at the top of the dashboard

silverwave

Known Member
Nov 25, 2005
TiBuN said:
Maybe you can try removing your blower, and check whether your external vent got leak or not, if yes maybe can try fully seal your external vent. (Once fully seal then later cannot open back d)

Have the similar problem last time, recently just fix it using the above method.
i think the switch to open n close the vent is broken, that's y when i adjust it it does not stop

silverwave

Known Member
Nov 25, 2005
Redline_club said:
u mean the outlet control left right up down???
what outlet is that? u know on top our dashboard there is a vent? normally it is used during rainy days to get the mist away.

the air con is coming out from there. i cannot stop it, so during rainy weather there is a mist layer on the lower part of the screen

silverwave

Known Member
Nov 25, 2005
sta said:
use sticky tape to cover the vents at the top of the dashboard
it is a good idea, but it will look messy. i thought of putting the non slip mat over that layer so that there is no mist on the glass.

silverwave

Known Member
Nov 25, 2005
what cable? the one to control the air con?

silverwave

Known Member
Nov 25, 2005
putra4767 said:
must be the hose came off that area...
might be possible coz the air con is coming out from the right side only. left side is fine

silverwave

Known Member
Nov 25, 2005
nitrus said:
u play alot with the control adjusting thingy last time eh? :biggrin:
nope, but actually all this only started after my car accident last year.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi to all driver of Proton Persona,

My purpose to open this topic of discussion is to get the feedback or an opinion or solution from the new Proton Persona Elegance that had been launched recently in Mac 2010. The reason is I just bought my own Persona Elegance for a month period but there have been several problem occured or more precisely, after one problem solved there will be another mess occured. Not my intention to downgrade Proton but in term of payment... I have to commit for 9...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience