Aftermarket brake vs Stock brake

clanbuster

Known Member
Jul 2, 2009
I would like to check, how well is the aftermarket brake for 285mm rotor?
Is it about the same as stock?

my concern is, now my WHP is near 200 and i still using stock brake system.
my wheel is using 4 bot instead of 5, 2nd reason is i using 15" rims.

so if i using 285mm rotor type and branded caliper ( in complete set)
will it help for near 200 WHP? ( example evo, wrx, CTR are above 200hp and yet their stock already more then 320mm)

any recommend complete set brake for 15"

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
you've got to look at a variety of factors. among them are:

a) how heavy is your car? if the car is considered light, then you might not have to go for extreme braking power.

b) clearance : 300mm rotors and 4 pot calipers MAY not fit your 15 inch rims

c) reason for upgrade: immediate stopping power? or are the brakes fading too fast while fast driving?

also , for that matter, what are you referring to when you say "brakes" ?
are you talking about the calipers, rotors, or pads???

clanbuster

Known Member
Jul 2, 2009
you've got to look at a variety of factors. among them are:

a) how heavy is your car? if the car is considered light, then you might not have to go for extreme braking power.

b) clearance : 300mm rotors and 4 pot calipers MAY not fit your 15 inch rims

c) reason for upgrade: immediate stopping power? or are the brakes fading too fast while fast driving?

also , for that matter, what are you referring to when you say "brakes" ?
are you talking about the calipers, rotors, or pads???
a) about 1100kg
b) tried, unable to brake , normally i drive 180km/h at crusing and overtake at 210 km/h
so my braking is for 200 km/h

c) immediate is main concern.

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
You driving on public road?You don't need better brakes but more control of your right foot.By stating you cruise at 180kmh and overtake at 210kmh is a blatant disregard for the law and safety of other road users:hmmmm:.Even a converted proton with standard calipers with better pads is sufficient.

clanbuster

Known Member
Jul 2, 2009
You driving on public road?You don't need better brakes but more control of your right foot.By stating you cruise at 180kmh and overtake at 210kmh is a blatant disregard for the law and safety of other road users:hmmmm:.Even a converted proton with standard calipers with better pads is sufficient.
ok. thanks. so i change the pads will do. that good, save alot of $$$.

everyday saw eup car drive even faster, maybe above 210 which my car cannot reach.

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
why limit urself to 15inch? if thats the limiting factor to install ur big brake kit, then change to 17inch. can fit all sorts of brake kits

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
why limit urself to 15inch? if thats the limiting factor to install ur big brake kit, then change to 17inch. can fit all sorts of brake kits
if change to 17", need more money to get bigger power...

artworkz

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
JB
if drive honda, u can get 15" 4 pot spoon nissin brake kit. but nd alot money lah

clanbuster

Known Member
Jul 2, 2009
if change to 17", need more money to get bigger power...
i also think of 17" but my rims using 4 nuts, not 5.
and most performance big brake all using 5 nuts type.
so i think is still pointless to change big.

I try look for brembo from this forum, cannot fit to my car even 17".

sian....

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
i also think of 17" but my rims using 4 nuts, not 5.
and most performance big brake all using 5 nuts type.
so i think is still pointless to change big.

I try look for brembo from this forum, cannot fit to my car even 17".

sian....
those brembo kits can be modified to fit ur car, can be modified to 4 lugs n can fit 17inch rims with spacer if ur rims have offsets that are not suitable.

there's absolutely no reason for u not to do it.

otherwise, u can also use nissan 4 pot which are available for less than rm500 n can provide significantly better braking power...

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
Quite apart from the road manners issues raised here, there is no such thing as brake system that is 'sufficient' when a guy is already in position and willing to spend money to upgrade to a better system.

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
sorry of topic a bit, but just wondering if we convert from drum to disc brakes how do we go about getting more pressure to the rear disc.. cause i think drum brakes needs less presure right? so if convert to disc its not gonna be much use unless we can apply more pressure to the rear to maintain the ratio of braking power between the front and rear..

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
Quite apart from the road manners issues raised here, there is no such thing as brake system that is 'sufficient' when a guy is already in position and willing to spend money to upgrade to a better system.
What u say in not wrong but if u say in terms of track use and street use is totally different.on streets u wont be doing 180 all the time so the disc has time to cool down reducing brake fade and stuff.track use i think even for a proton a slotted with 4 pot is would be advisable.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

As per the topic, I called JPJ and asked. They said it's following the sign boards. But newspaper said it's 80?? Why the confusion..

AES summons-free Raya - Nation | The Star Online
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience