advise please...

zack_evo

hi to all zth members...
why my wira 1.6 head gasket always leaking... at 3times i have changes the head gasket...and leak on the same spot (at the gearbox) using the metal head gasket can solve this prob? my mech told me the metal head gasket are to protect your head crack or blown up...not use to stop the leaks...help please...

go find another mechanic.....

obviously your current mechanic does not know what he is doing or talking bout

did your mechanic skimmed the head before installing after replacing new gasket ? metal gasket is for higher compression ...and as what i gathered the information of metal gasket ...it doesn't show you any warning when its time to change ...which mean after a long use ...if there's a leaking under the head gasket area ...probably your engine is in a quite dangerous situation ...will cause what happen ..i do not really know ...this you muz ask the real sifu here ...correct me if my statement is wrong ..sifus :adore:

yes, u need to skimm your head block 1st before putting the new metal gasket on,
cos the surface of the block is uneven...has small holes, like pimples la.....so u need to ensure that its 100% smooth, if not there will be leakings...
if u dun believe me, u tell the mech to remove the metal gasket again, u feel the surface of it......

thanks darrengoh89, DarkAccoon n DanzEterna very useful info....

maybe i going to find another mech...and find it out..

yup skimming the head will help! sorry ah! but u sure it from the casket! not the oi seal or distibuter there! famous for proton!

yup skimming the head will help! sorry ah! but u sure it from the casket! not the oi seal or distibuter there! famous for proton!

on the distributer got a little bit...i sure the leaks from the gasket...minyak suda meleleh around g/b...t.q 93na..

zack,
before this, have u experienced your engine overheated & u didnt realised it?

Top Bottom