Adi Haslam leads team to class win at K4GP and plans to bring series to Malaysia

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

As a top Malaysian racer and on both four and two wheels, Adi Haslam was dealt a cruel hand by fate as a motocross accident in 1997 robbed him of his ability to walk and rendered him wheelchair-bound until the K4GP 24-Hours Endurance landed on our shores.

Forming his own team for the race, Adi was back behind the wheel of a racecar for the K-Car enduro and lead his Adi Haslam Motorsports team, piloting a Kia Picanto, to victory in their class together with another wheelchair-bound driver, former television host Ras Adiba Radzi.

Having won their class, Adi and his team have sent a strong message that is echoing loud in the annals of racing, that the handicapped can not only participate but win as well in motorsports. Thrilled by the win, Adi now plans to initiate a local version of the race for fellow handicapped people to compete among regular drivers.

“I will want to call it K4GP Malaysia. Of course, it will have to be a non-sanctioned event as our current rules do not allow the handicap to participate in motor racing,” said a jubilant Adi when met after the race which saw Adi Motorsports Racing winning the GP-4 class, having completed 378 laps in 24 hours.

“If you ask me, this a great event. I know Malaysians will love it. The handicapped community will love it because it treats we the same as the normal people. I’ll definitely want to do the K4GP Malaysia,” added Adi.

Overall victory belonged to the Japanese home team, Team Biba, that clocked in 458 laps in 24 hours. The race is organised and promoted by the Japan-based K4GP as an event to promote enjoyment in motorsports by bringing down the barriers and allowing handicapped drivers to participate as well. This was the third edition of the race to be held at the Sepang International Circuit (SIC).

Among the 45 cars on the starting grid was seven Malaysian entries and all the cars completed the enduro. One of the local teams, Spirit of McLaren, had SIC Chief Executive Officer Datuk Ahmad Razlan Ahmad Razali as one of the drivers. The team managed to place 36 overall with 296 laps.

Adi also said that he and Ras are planning to race for 12 hours non-stop around Sepang Circuit to pen their name in Malaysia Books of Record. He explained that it was to show their fellow handicapped friends that they can do anything if they put their hearts into it. Adi used to race under the name Clatus Anthony before converting.

42-year old Ras echoed Adi’s sentiments, “There’s something more important than the victory today. It’s the message that we bring. I hope it will bring changes to the rules in Malaysian motorsports and allow us to participate in motor racing with the normal people.”

“It’s has been a long dream of mine to compete in motor racing after I became disabled. I finally did it this weekend; and I would like to say thank you to all my team-mates for treating Adi and me no less than the other drivers,” said Ras, adding that she would definitely support Adi’s idea for a K4GP Malaysia.

K4GP SEPANG 24-HOURS ENDURANCE RACE 2011

RESULTS - TOP 5 OVERALL

1.Team Biba (458 laps)

2. SS u GinzaMantal Clinic (447 laps)

3. PTG Plam TownGarage (436 laps)

4. Hiroshi Motors with POPG (435 laps)

5. Team Nekomaru (425 laps)

RESULTS - TOP 3 OF CLASS

CLASS GP-2

1.PTG Plam TownGarage (436 laps)

2. Puramo Supahori BKM Racing (420 laps)

3. RSC HONDA Kumamotojidoshabu (416 laps)

CLASS GP-3

1.Hiroshi Motors with POPG (435 laps)

2. Garage Black Dog (424 laps)

3. Elf TACS/JACC (419 laps)

CLASS GP-4

1.Adi Haslam Motorsports (378 laps)

2. Motorsport Barrier-free (358 laps)

3. Madhouse RTL (320 laps)

CLASS GP-5

1.Team Biba (458 laps)

2. SS u GinzaMantal Clinic (447 laps)

3. Team Nekomaru (425 laps)

Attachments

tecque

500 RPM
Jun 29, 2005
sbn
Thats a great event... can anyone share about the different class of it and some of the requirement of K4GP?

BabyGodzillaGTi-R

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Correct me if i'm wrong, isn't his name spelt Cletus Anthony?

Anyway congrats to the team...
Looks like a pretty strong line up.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hehe i seen alot of people with diy stuff,but so far i never seen this thread come out (correct me if i am wrong) ...so anyone here diy it b4...

use ball bering... those round type...with bering inside...then just diy the cover ...suits bling bling rims better.(coz of flat surface....chrome rims espically)..then just find a way to stick it on to the ori rims.....anyone care to try..hehehhe..just my 2 cents
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience