AAM competition License

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
Can someone provide the links for certified AAM clubs? Btw, is there any rest or driving lessons that I need to take for this license?

funnily enough in this side of the world for FiA sanctioned license,

no need driving skills..
just get the paperwork done and you're ready :)

Call AAM 2162-5777 and ask for Motorsports Division.

ALL the info is thru there.

Originally posted by Danny@Sep 22 2004, 20:30
Can someone provide the links for certified AAM clubs? Btw, is there any rest or driving lessons that I need to take for this license?
One of the clubs that i can recommend is; Malaysian Motorsports Club (MMC). 80 per year, for 1st year. Subsequent year is less, not sure how much. Located in SS2, Cheow Yang. It's in the middle of the row, same row as the thai restaurant (Dusit Thai i think), on the 1st floor. They only open from 9am-12pm. So go early to avoid disappointment.

Other than that, it's kelab kart selangor (KKS), but they're a bit pricey (150)

if i pay theclub membership,it means that i'm already a member,but when can i get to drive on track?
competitively,or juz for fun?
coz if everyone join a particular club,how can 20ppl drive one track car?

You can also consider Advance Motorsports Club (AMC). They will be having kart racing too and also organise advanced driving courses. I was planning to join them but the kart race was postponed so I am saving the $$$ until the next race.

Originally posted by simonchangwaimun@Sep 23 2004, 16:05
if i pay theclub membership,it means that i'm already a member,but when can i get to drive on track?
competitively,or juz for fun?
coz if everyone join a particular club,how can 20ppl drive one track car?
aiyo

you can drive ANYTIME and everytime on the track la
being a club member is for getting your license only, legally.

Correct me if I am wrong......AAM competition licence holder can only race/participate in AAM sanctioned events only, rite? Technically, can they revoke your licence if you take part in non-AAM sanctioned event, like SSO?

But being in Malaysia, they probably just turn a blind eye.....Malaysia Boleh mah!

Originally posted by OSFlanker@Sep 23 2004, 21:29
Correct me if I am wrong......AAM competition licence holder can only race/participate in AAM sanctioned events only, rite? Technically, can they revoke your licence if you take part in non-AAM sanctioned event, like SSO?

But being in Malaysia, they probably just turn a blind eye.....Malaysia Boleh mah!
As there's always 2 sides to a coin, hmm, could there be a day when AAM will sanction the SSO? and make it another AAM sanctioned event? But I think it won't be long till aam get to the SSO series. But if they do, maybe they can come up with day pass, something like how the autokhana was run.

SSO need competition license oso??
stan,u were saying we can drive anytime and everytime...but kereta mana mau carik?
i mean,to have a competition license is to enter races like MSS and drag battle...
so if we dun get to participate in those stuff,then the few hundred $$$ ma useless?

Originally posted by ninja_iga@Sep 22 2004, 15:19
for license:

the thing starts on Jan 01 each year,
and ends not matter when you apply on Dec 31st.

so for your value for money issues, apply EVERY January each year :)
that system is a bit silly isn't it? discourages ppl from taking license immediately unless the fees are pro-rated / discounted...

or desperately needs it ... it's already the 4th quarter of 2004.. don think
the license is worth if it the license validity period is of this scheme

Originally posted by simonchangwaimun@Sep 24 2004, 16:47
SSO need competition license oso??
stan,u were saying we can drive anytime and everytime...but kereta mana mau carik?
i mean,to have a competition license is to enter races like MSS and drag battle...
so if we dun get to participate in those stuff,then the few hundred $$$ ma useless?
dude,

you only have the license WHEN you can afford racing, ie: got a drive for the year. Like something in MSS, MME, or maybe Autcross events.

you dont have to renew it every year, unless it's worth your time.
no car to drive no need la.
got race, got drive, then go get la...

aiyooooooo :unsure:

Originally posted by mist+Sep 24 2004, 16:58 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mist @ Sep 24 2004, 16:58 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ninja_iga@Sep 22 2004, 15:19
for license:

the thing starts on Jan 01 each year,
and ends not matter when you apply on Dec 31st.

so for your value for money issues, apply EVERY January each year :)
that system is a bit silly isn't it? discourages ppl from taking license immediately unless the fees are pro-rated / discounted... [/b][/quote]
what to do la,
i think its the same all over the world, as per FIA.
not sure.

does anyone have the number for the Malaysia Motorsports Club ka ? the number in the list seems to be invalid :unsure:

Originally posted by yolk@Oct 22 2004, 09:03
does anyone have the number for the Malaysia Motorsports Club ka ? the number in the list seems to be invalid :unsure:
Dude,
I know this may be a little late today, but if u think of getting the license this week, u gotta do everyting today! The malaysian motorsports club only open half day, 9am-12 noon. don't have the number, but it's near SS2 Cheow Yang, 1st floor, near a 4x4 workshop. If u get everything done today, i.e. medical check up, membership reg, and the aam exam. If all's done today, u shud get it by friday. U gotta tell them ur event's on saturday.
all the best.

the body check is very difficult to pass or not ?
what we need ?

the AAM license can taking all the cmpetition in m'sia ? or it can be all the world ?

Medical checkup shouldnt be a problem if u're fit.
Personally i would recommend doing the checkup at PJ in Clinic YF Chin.
He's gives more leeway unlike a certain clinic in Brickfield that tend to be much thorough.
Yes u can use your license to race overseas providing u get a release letter from AAM.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom