How to DIY - Wash Car Seat????

trd_jdm

Jun 1, 2006
To all the sifus out there......

I am planning to wash my car seat........but the problem is i dont know how to wash it....... can i use the normal washing powder (for clothing) to wash my cushion seat n can i use the normal brush (for clothing) to scrub to the car seats......Pls give some advise / suggestion.......

Thanks

unknown1x

Known Member
Sep 26, 2006
wash ur seat.. best way i can think of is.. take off.. buy cushion washer, wash wash, make sure dry under hot hot sun.. then.. fix bbek in.. use normal brush and washing powder also can.. just make sure before u fix it back in.. dry it properly

siangmh

Known Member
Jul 29, 2006
For noobs like me who doesn't know how & dont dare to to take off car seats, scared later cant put back nicely & also no $$ to wash by ppl (about rm100) & also no $$ to buy a steam wash machine :

Use steam iron (on steam mode of course) on very low temp with a clean-but-not-too-wet cloth covering the iron, then slowly steam & rub on ur cushion, once the cloth become dirty, change another cloth. Repeat until the cloth cant get any more dirty.

For indepth dirty like children vomit etc, no choice, steam wash also cant get rid of the stinking smell, have to take out the seat to wash, either pay $$ to do it or u DIY.

Note: Beware of short circuit!! Wear necessary gear to protect you!!

mokomoko

500 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
no need to wash!
just spray kau kau perfume and whack with a baseball bat to clear the dust.

trd_jdm

Jun 1, 2006
Today i took out the cushion n wash with the normal brush n FAB.......problems there still stain cannot be remove......

niran

Apr 22, 2006
try 2 dry clean......i use a foam spray called TUFF STUFF by stp..not bad 2 remove stains

lanlee

Jun 4, 2006
I did washed my kancil seat a few times. Maybe I'll post here next time I wash, maybe after RAYA...

trd_jdm

Jun 1, 2006
Tuff Stuff

niran said:
try 2 dry clean......i use a foam spray called TUFF STUFF by stp..not bad 2 remove stains
Bro where can get those stuff.....Thanks

trd_jdm

Jun 1, 2006
Diy Seat wash

lanlee said:
I did washed my kancil seat a few times. Maybe I'll post here next time I wash, maybe after RAYA...

Hope to hear from u soon.......Thanks:regular_smile:

siong

Known Member
Nov 14, 2005
my seat full of dust!!~! wonder how to settle it!!~!

Kye

Known Member
Jul 15, 2005
Japan
i dun dare to clean the seats my self because i just damaged my recaro the last time i tried...:P i send to professionals now .... the liquid that i used was too powerfull...:<

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Wazzup guyz .. Just a few things boggling in ma mind about the pros and cons of modding ..

1) Adding body kits/woofers/GT Wing to your car adds on weight, it significantly increases FC or is it not noticeable?

2) I seen a few cars with some crazy front bumpers and GT wings, at an average speed (around 100 kmph) wont it be causing additional drag, rather then providing stability?

3) Modding is definately cool, I see people changing engines (EVO,MIVEC)/ adding turbo to Malaysian...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience