• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
Tuner Turns Car Maker

The Dortmund-based Porsche tuning outfit, 9ff, has attained the same 'car maker' rating as rival Ruf. Even before its change of status, 9ff had begun work on its own supercar project, which although very loosely 911-based and inspired by the GT1, comprises mostly in-house-designed components. The 9F-GT1 has a tubular spaceframe and mid-mounted 900bhp 4-litre flat-six.

Jan Fatthauer, 9ff's founder, says the car will 'move the company to a new level', both in terms of public perception and performance. Given that the company's 840bhp conversion on a GT2 recently eclipsed the McLaren F1's 240mph speed record (076), it should be quite a beast. But Fatthauer insists that it will be 'a production street car, not a racer, and while it will have crushing performance we want anyone to be able to drive it'.

Fatthauer also promises that the car will spend time in the wind tunnel - 'although not too long, it's very expensive!' - and will feature race-style adjustable suspension.

Meanwhile, the company has launched a 4-litre conversion for the 996-series 911's 3.6-litre engine. With 9ff-spec twin turbos, these engines are available in several states of tune between 650 and 820bhp.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/58002/tuner_turns_car_maker.html

I think this car will probably beat the veyron in topspeed. It has a better power-to-weight ratio, and 9ff holds the record for road-registered cars so far, their 9ff-v400 based on a 996 Porsche went 241.1mph (although I've read the Veyron has done 411kmh, under TUV supervision), 9ff clearly knows how to make fast cars.

Give me 1 AP enough already hehehehe ;)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

helo there

im using wira 4g15 manual trans with weber dcnf 40 carb + knn air filter, powerzone cam, and powerzone 421 extractor

i need advise for the right/optimum piping size
rite now im using 2' piping, original route + 2' straight flow muffler
very hard to achieve top speed
rpm at about 5k something goes wrong
the car wont increase speed
feel like choked
have to release pedal little bit then press again then ok sikit
but then
its sucks

any opinion to increase the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience