4wd WIRA

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
anyone can give advice on these
want to power up my wira with 4wd
power but no traction , whts the use eh :P
anyone here did it ? any known workshop ?
and how much work is it ? whts usually done to the car

cyilaw

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
kuantan
Visit site
4wd?..come come, buy my car lah, i wanna let go my wira with 4wd...hehehe....

if u really convert to 4wd, u need to run away everytime u see the JPJ roadblock, or not u will kena kaw kaw, i kena few times already.

with 4wd, u can play the anti-lag and launch control if ur ecu got these function, power slide when road in wet.

u need to get the rear cut from evo, cut ur wira floor, the spare tyre section, then install 4wd fuel tank, if ur front gearbox already locked, then may be need to find another gearbox which can run 4wd.

cant remember how much i did coz is about 6 years ago, but need to find the workshop that experience with this convertion, if something wrong, ur car will run senget and feel some vibrate.

cyilaw

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
kuantan
Visit site
em.."M" will make anything possible. and last time they still not so straight with this 4wd things, i experience with 2 JPJ road block they never stop me also, but now i think will more trouble. but the funny thing is, i ask the JPJ office y 4wd is illegal, them cant really give me a correct answer. hear some body say if ur car go inspection with 4wd, then is legal. last time i did inspection with 4wd, but still kena in now days.

Last edited:

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
do definitely can do... but everytime see JPJ confirm have to makan... and they can tarik ur car anytime if they want to... coz' u need to modify floor plan exactly like what cyilaw says.. cut and reweld evo floor plan.

sam1741

1,000 RPM
Dec 18, 2004
wow.. so cool... 4wd
play play with center diff setting
then u can get a car that handle like FR.. :D :D

ramsing

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
wahhh...jin, want to do 4wd now ar?? aiyoo...better u sell the wira, go buy a real E1/2/3 la...otherwise for nothing headache only. next time sell car also very hard. at least u buy real thing, can still sell the car.
but i know my mech did his car 4wd wira la. ehehe..damn cun. went for sepang drag. take corner, just point and floor.

cyilaw

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
kuantan
Visit site
agree with ramsing, now i wanna sell my car, but hard to get buyer. need to take out all the 4wd things for inspection when the buyer get loan from bank, unless can get the cash buyer..hehehe...

zakie

Known Member
Jul 7, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
4wd?? :thumpdown

haiyaa, wat for??

if u mod u'r car for drag battLe i agree...... :rock:

but arr if its for daiLy use, onthe road :thumpdown

dont waste u'r moneY Laaaa....... on the instaLLation atLeast RM4k that is the cheapest price u'LL get..... facing the jpj road bLock wiLL sure give u damn headache.... :frown:
but nowadaYs arrr jpj ppL more terer oredi..... if u run from them, they wont mind but carefuLL arr Later on they'll pay u a visit at u'r pLace...... hahahahahaa.......

:dancing2:

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
yeah lorr, i went saw a 4wd putra , looks like ALOT ALOT off work and not worthit in the end , memang worthit for the track , bt not for jpj , road , and safety n reliability

MrHan

May 22, 2005
Santa Monica
If it's not installed straightly, your propeller shaft might be broken into 2 pieces while speeding. Maintenance would be a bit expensive, right? Those shaft bushings and so on...
Just my 2 cents, kindly correct me if I'm wrong.

ramsing

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
ehehe..cyilaw, but u use your car so long alreayd. so sure worth la. coz last time not so kuat jpj. i think you shold just rent your car la to ppl who want to go to track on sundays. ehehe. can make good money i think. i be first customer. :D

jinkl...ur car is red wira right? 4 digit number. that day i saw one red wira goign back home fom cbj..but the driver look like samseng taiko la...so i scared to wave. after kena pukul tepi jalan. ehehe

4G63-JJ3167

Jan 23, 2004
jinkl,

ya la.....i also wanted to put 4wd in my satria but decided against it.....the
cost is higher for satria ie RM5,000:eek: (can buy another halfcut already) & the matter of being caught by JPJ:secruity:.....
but for satria u can actually "hide" the 4wd rear diff from view by using the horizontal
type muffler across the diff so if u look from behind cannot really see it....

however, if u are reeeeally interested i could point u out to the shop (in PJ)....
my friend did his wira 4wd conversion there & he's satisfied with the results...
he lowered ie londehkan his rear bumper so that one look u won't notice that his
wira is 4wd :rolleyes:....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my satria meters is totally out man.... my rpm, temp. , oil and the whole thing is not working rite now.... anyone knows how much is the cheapest that i can get and where?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience