4wd conversion, legal or not?

11000RPM

500 RPM
Feb 24, 2004
Johor Bahru
Visit site
Dear all,

My friend tot of buying a converted evo 6 but recently he was told that converted evo 6 with 4wd is illegal. Can I know what are the chances of being caught? He’s a johorian, is the johor JPJ good at catching this type of mod? What is the penalty of modding 4wd? Some say will kena tarik, some say can kaotim, some say no, can any sifoo here advice us?
Thank you…
:_:

kct

Known Member
Dec 11, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
I don't know what happens if a car with 4WD conversion was caught, but I remember as long as there is nothing that involves cutting the floorpan/modifying the chassis and so on it should be OK. If the converted Evo 6 is from a 4WD Lancer then I should think they have no problem, if they are converted from anything other than a 4WD Lancer then I think you should stay off it.

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
If lasttime 1.3/1.5 to Evo no problem (quote based on driving Proton) but now even 1.8 can't go to 2.0 anymore since JPJ disallow it.

Modification is 2WD to 4WD is illegal from lasttime...or all time.

Well say, stay away.

e861

Sep 28, 2006
definately risky.. if just kena saman.. for sure many don't mind.. but if they sita the

car? ouch, god knows what will happen to the car then...

sigh... if only it was made legal. JPJ... oOo... JPJ...

putra4767

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2004
Visit site
lancer

I have also seen lots of lancer converted evo with 4WD for sale & the dealers
say it's JPJ approved...

Dunno how....

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
A general note for all ..

- Conversion from Lancer body 1.6 (EVO 4 and above chassis) to full evo is legal and conversion to 4WD is legal too. This is because the same chassis shared by both variant cars.

- At road blocks, they have no time to catch and inspect your car is a Lancer or an EVO because your car looks like an EVO already. Avoid extreme modifications, this could forward you again for inspection in JPJ.

4WD conversion to Proton's are illegal.

keong_GSR

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
if for me, i dun care lah...just hantam terus!!! if put 4wd in,i think our car can run stable then 2wd leh... safety somemore!:X-:

11000RPM

500 RPM
Feb 24, 2004
Johor Bahru
Visit site
Thanks all,

Bro Sakuraguy,

Sure kah? I saw lotsa converted evo 4, 5, 6 also run on road, no problem wo...
My friend evo 6.5 even drive into Putrajaya for inpection with 4wd, no problem jugak...
Wow, really dunno la...
Some JPJ wanna kacau...
But advice from fren, put at least rm500 in pocket, for coffee money lo...

Doink

3,000 RPM
Aug 1, 2004
House
Visit site
go ahead do...but when jpj block u have to run or even when u see jpj ronda...
they will know if u use 4 wheel...rear very easy to see only...cause u cannot hide that rear gearbox...

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

aik.. how come my post missing one??? nevermind, just to inform ya all that I have poured Tufoil to my 500cc bike. My measurement was 1/2 Tufoil for my bike engine capacity. Another half for my car :D Well, as expected, my bike run smoother, less engine noise and less heat. Recommended to all big bike users ehehehehhe free promotion to Focal Point.
BTW, I went to Ace Hardware luckily got 3 bottles left... it sells like goreng pisang...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience