4G93T Club

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
ylkien and musang

wow... ohhh....thats double clutching... sure need to do it very very very fast 1... hehehehehe...if i do it.. by the time 3rd step...my rpm 1k already... hehehehehe......

the sifus lurking in here sure know this technique by heart beat....

hi guys...

i have some Q's that needed some answer...
unfortunately my car just got into an accident yesterday...

so the condenser is leaking and dented... From CD5W Libero
i was wondering is it possible to replace the condenser with a condenser from 4g93p (satria GTi or Putra)?...

what about 2nd hand gsr condenser (halfcut) roughly how much will it cost me?...

another thing that got my attention is my turbine...
my mech told me a valve in the housing (exhaust side ) is crack... is it possible to service the turbo? any recommended place? Estimated cost?

also there are abit of engine oil coming from the turbine inside the IC piping that connected to the intake... what can cause this problem...

it seem the turbine it self doesn't not blow white smoke when boosting... the only thing that can be heard is the whining from the turbine... is it because of shaft play?

thx in advance...

cheers...

hi guys...

i have some Q's that needed some answer...
unfortunately my car just got into an accident yesterday...

so the condenser is leaking and dented... From CD5W Libero
i was wondering is it possible to replace the condenser with a condenser from 4g93p (satria GTi or Putra)?...

what about 2nd hand gsr condenser (halfcut) roughly how much will it cost me?...

another thing that got my attention is my turbine...
my mech told me a valve in the housing (exhaust side ) is crack... is it possible to service the turbo? any recommended place? Estimated cost?

also there are abit of engine oil coming from the turbine inside the IC piping that connected to the intake... what can cause this problem...

it seem the turbine it self doesn't not blow white smoke when boosting... the only thing that can be heard is the whining from the turbine... is it because of shaft play?

thx in advance...

cheers...

1. I don't think air-cond parts from Proton 4G93P would fit your GSR. Better get a recond unit that fit yours. Price I dunno.... seems rare these days.
2. Mitsubishi Turbo's are serviceable. Go to Tong Turbo... if u are in KL. Reparing about RM300-600
3. The oil found at the turbo air inlet is common. The oil is from your engine rocker cover... unless u have fitted an oil catch tank, the oil shouldn't be there.
4. Usually in a mitsu turbo, shaft already kong not wise to repair due to the cost involved. Better get a used unit if budget is limited, otherwise time to get that Garrent GT series turbo that everybody is dreaming of.

thx for the fast reply...

is tong turbo is the one in cheras right?

so now time to find a used condenser...
do mention a recond condenser... where can i get one?

does shaft play can result white smoke coming from exhaust?

btw im in KL...

yeah Tong Turbo at cheras there..

econ condenser is behind radiator rite...aloi color..if it is..sure can use from proton 4g93p/putra/gti...it is same

hafcut/recon worth rm100-150

u can check ur shaft play/rosak onot at tong's bro...

agree with all the sifuu on 1,2,3 and 4...

and yes.. no.3 is common i u havent fit a oil catch tank...

thats all i know... :)

Harith..

The condenser infront the radiator can use from wira 1.6 and above but need to mood the pipping... mine still use my proton wan 1.6 some more. as the CD5W Libero condensor puncture during instalation...

newbie here...if using metal gasket 1.5mm can boost high?until what bar?standard internal part like piston,conrod,etc can stand with high boost?

metal 1.5mm--up to 1.7 bar with stock internal no prob..
my frend b4 la xbrani mau up lg..dont know max how much..

thx for the fast reply...

is tong turbo is the one in cheras right?

so now time to find a used condenser...
do mention a recond condenser... where can i get one?

does shaft play can result white smoke coming from exhaust?

btw im in KL...

Best if you could take the damaged condensor and compare it with the half-cut unit. If the pipe location and mount location the same, most likely it will fit. Therefore I stand corrected from the previous 2 cents opinion which 4G93P air con parts will not fit with the CD5W GSR.

Usually worn turbo shaft will not give white smoke... unless the oil seal itself is badly worn. you suffer in performance with worn turbo shaft... The car will just not go on full throttle like it used to & not to mention whining noise from the turbo is becoming really loud.... if u dun take it off soon, the fins may brake and enter your engine...

metal 1.5mm--up to 1.7 bar with stock internal no prob..
my frend b4 la xbrani mau up lg..dont know max how much..

hohoho..after my car out from workshop want boost to 1.5bar lah..try only..
tq..

Last edited:
missing_nins

with stock internal with metal gasket can go to 1.5 and above bar but then your external also need to be reinforced...
- Fuel supply with power fuel pump
- Fuel regulator up fuel pressure
- stock Intercooler hose do some thing about it... change pipping and silicone hose

why... Stock engine boost at 1.3bar... Happen to me during my first FCD... and boost controller.

1st my stock intercooler hose blow after intercooler to tb.. as the boost in the hose start to kembang like ular sawa.
2nd my plug lean out till brownish white... then turbo housing color from dark brown to nearly white color...

musang: tq for da info..so i need to install power fuel pump..fuel regulator need to adjust more high pressure..thats all?

so it will not give damage to my stock internal part...

missing_nins

So far Higher boost = more air.
more air = more fuel.

so far with stock everything max can go 1.1bar. And boosting more than 1.5bar needs more fuel and if using stock internal with metal gasket fore sure engine will lean out and if re enforce external (fuel pump and regulator) also got problem with injector. GSR injector if not mistaken 350cc.(dono it can give extra juice)

Ask other sifu around here what other stuff they put when put in when running high boost.. usually wil go for engine management (E-manage, Safc) then bigger injector (evo,vr4). what turbine u are using?? TD05??

I learn from mistake but so far no major problem...

crazzy4honda never here from u so long.... happy la.... got new "gsr" at home wahahahahahahaha

haha missing nins...cant wait izzit...wanna bosst kaw2 only...
same as me laz time la sampai my metal also leak
some said for gsr if wanna bosst 1.2 max use stock head gasket is enough...

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom