4AGE exhaust experiment report

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
For item 1, why not just a full exhaust performance exhaust from our lubang kings on ZTH kau tim...........

well bro...doesn't means that you got a nice 1 full set of performance exhaust ur car will be flying... u need the right pipe tunning like the size of the pipe... wat inlet size of central bullet and what inlet size of exhaust u need...
Too big of pipping size...u will lose too much backpressure and too small... it will be too much of backpressure... have to count on what mods have u done on ur engine lagi leh... all need calculation...
Cheerss... just sharing info's........ :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: :driver::driver::driver:

Hi forumers, i need ad advice from u all. i'm using 4afe with 2 inch pipe with short center bullet, oval resonator (original) and bullet muffler with twin tips. the problem is when i drove 3500-4000 rpm about 125-140 kmh on 5th gear, i can heard very loud noise/echo from the muffler. FYI, i've just change the muffler about 2 weeks ago.

idling sound not to loud. only on that condition which really make me uncomfortable.

some of my friend said that i've should change from center bullet to oval resonator, but i've already have same resonator.

please advise me. thanks a lot in advance.

Hi forumers, i need ad advice from u all. i'm using 4afe with 2 inch pipe with short center bullet, oval resonator (original) and bullet muffler with twin tips. the problem is when i drove 3500-4000 rpm about 125-140 kmh on 5th gear, i can heard very loud noise/echo from the muffler. FYI, i've just change the muffler about 2 weeks ago.

idling sound not to loud. only on that condition which really make me uncomfortable.

some of my friend said that i've should change from center bullet to oval resonator, but i've already have same resonator.

please advise me. thanks a lot in advance.

problem solved after center bullet changed with oval center. thanks..

hi bro,im newbie.my current svt exhaust setup is 2.2'piping n in/out 2'mid box no bullet.wat the diff put mid box or bullet?if i take out the mid box,juz replace with 2.2'pipe,wat the diff compare to my current setup?tq sifu

---------- Post added at 05:39 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:26 AM ----------

im planning to install Y joint with ecv b4 my perdana 1.8'muffler n 2.2'piping all the way without bullet n mid box.wat u guys think with tis setup?how the performance with tis?tq

To select the suitable center bullet, most tuners will stick to a center bullet which have the same internal diameter as the piping.... means if u are using 2.35inch piping... the internal of the center bullet should be the same... 2.35inch... failure to do so may result the burping sound....

try to see most used exhaust from japan are like this.....

only the rear muffler can have smaller diameter than the piping which is to reduce or suppress the noise level.....

2.35 is for NA.... with a high cam duration not more than 300deg... 2.35 is still the best... try to browse any aftermarket JDM exhaust setup even H22A and RB26DE using 2.35inch.... same as B16 B18

2.35inch is the setup to gain the most balance feel at all RPM... other size than that you maybe ending sacrificing either the low, mid or high rev

Last edited:
hi,need sum help fr sifu here.recently,i juz install a japan(no brand but got jasma tag) 4-2-1 extrator n whole stainless steel 2.3' piping bullet n muffler fr ae111 to my se.
d prob is,when rpm up or down,when around 5k,i heard sum sound under handbrake area.d sound like iron plate vibrate.its in a flash if i rev up,juz 1sec.but if i stay at 5k,its continuous.
My mech say its bcos of d stainless steel piping.he oledi check no leaking,no hiting between d piping chassis.
Y like tis,sifu?
Thanks

hi,need sum help fr sifu here.recently,i juz install a japan(no brand but got jasma tag) 4-2-1 extrator n whole stainless steel 2.3' piping bullet n muffler fr ae111 to my se.
d prob is,when rpm up or down,when around 5k,i heard sum sound under handbrake area.d sound like iron plate vibrate.its in a flash if i rev up,juz 1sec.but if i stay at 5k,its continuous.
My mech say its bcos of d stainless steel piping.he oledi check no leaking,no hiting between d piping chassis.
Y like tis,sifu?
Thanks

i think it maybe aligment of your piping..maybe during vibration the piping hit heat cover underneath the piping route..if you already confirm no hitting between piping & chasis..not really sure la...

maybe you need to bring it to ah seng at bukit kuda..klang there..he he

hi all, my ride is a BT auto with stock extractor, 2.3" piping till muffler, oval center & stock levin muffler (s-flow). would replacing the muffler with FGK or Tanabe s-flow do any help to increase my performance on low-end? or it would only help if i replace the extractor with an aftermarket one as well? (4-2-1)

Y like tis,sifu?
Thanks

had this issue before...most likely your center bullet is out of sound dampening material...in some other cases, the flexible pipe (the one that looks like a pineapple) is also spoilt, leaking air...

if its the center bullet, just replace and it will all be good! :) very easy to test...go exhaust shop, jack up the car and use any tool to lightly tap the bullet...if hollow, you know what's wrong d lo :)

Bro meg_omen,then how u solve it?
Bro nappx,my mech depress d piping,make sure no vibration,then rev up,but d sound still there.i think not bcos of d vibration.
Bro captain fast,i fix tat 421 extrator 1st,n still using d normal piping,it is ok,no any sound.its happen after i fix tat ss piping.bro,if it hollow,tat mean is d time to change bullet?if not,then not d bullet prob?soli,im newbie.
Thanks all sifus

Last edited:
already check and adjust everything at 'Pakar Eksos' shop,
to make sure it's properly setup and not touching anything especially the heat cover...
the sound actually is more towards the 'resonance humming', which I think is okay actually...

so have to drive higher than 4000rpm...:hmmmm:

probably need to get our old sifu 'Acoustic' opinion on this, as this is his expertise...
not sure whether he still visit ZTH...:captain:

Last edited:
thanks bro,i wil go to check soon.any good eksos shop can recommand at kl area.thanks

My setup on 4AGE Blacktop Manual is:

Stock extractor
2.3" outer diameter (2.1" inner diameter) for piping
Decat
Only 2 centre oval bullet
Cap ayam S-flow muffler

Effects
Quiet when idle or light load. Bassy when high load.
Low end torque (1k - 3.5k rpm) sucks shit.
Power is fine after about 4.5k rpm
Fuel consumption is terrible. RM10 RON95 (RM2.10 per litre) can go only 43-46 km (90% city driving, 10% highway, occasional blast, most of the time drive lightly)
All my other blacktop friends can do 52-55 km for RM 10

Any advice to improve my low end and fuel consumption? Need it badly. Thanks

Got an offer for twin piping from an AE101 model, 2.2" ... Any info regarding twin pipes?

Twin pipes are damn heavy otherwise its very very quiet maybe a little bit too quiet for a 4age. Power wise should be like all other stock oem pipes, more on low end

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom