22nd September-NO PETROL DAY

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

nicteh

Known Member
IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT IF EVERYONE IN THE WORLD DID NOT PURCHASE A DROP OF PETROL FOR ONE DAY AND ALL AT THE SAME TIME, THE OIL COMPANIES WOULD CHOKE ON THEIR STOCKPILES.

AT THE SAME TIME IT WOULD HIT THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY WITH A NET LOSS OVER 4.6 BILLION DOLLARS WHICH AFFECTS THE BOTTOM LINES OF THE OIL COMPANIES.

THEREFORE THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 22nd HAS BEEN FORMALLY DECLARED "STICK IT UP THEIR BEHIND" DAY AND THE PEOPLE OF THIS NATION SHOULD NOT BUY A SINGLE DROP OF PETROL THAT DAY.

THE ONLY WAY THIS CAN BE DONE IS IF YOU FORWARD THIS E-MAIL TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN AND AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN TO GET THE WORD OUT.

WAITING ON THE GOVERNMENT TO STEP IN AND CONTROL THE PRICES IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REDUCTION AND CONTROL IN PRICES THAT THE ARAB NATIONS PROMISED TWO WEEKS AGO?

REMEMBER ONE THING, NOT ONLY IS THE PRICE OF PETROL GOING UP BUT AT THE SAME TIME AIRLINES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES, TRUCKING COMPANIES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES WHICH EFFECTS PRICES ON EVERYTHING THAT IS SHIPPED. THINGS LIKE FOOD, CLOTHING, BUILDING SUPPLIES, MEDICAL SUPPLIES ETC. WHO PAYS IN THE END? WE DO!

WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. IF THEY DON'T GET THE MESSAGE AFTER ONE DAY, WE WILL DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN. SO DO YOUR PART AND SPREAD THE WORD. FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO EVERYONEY YOU KNOW. MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND MAKE SEPTEMBER 22nd A DAY THAT THE CITIZENS OF THE WORLD "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH".

What if you drive half way and you run out of petrol just because you refuse to pump petrol on the 22nd? You'll very much feel something sticking up your behind because of your own naiveity.

Do you remember how much petronas earned last year? And that is not even significant compared to other major oil suppliers. You think 4.6bil is alot of money in the industry?

And dont forget, you still need to buy petrol from them on the 23rd.

If not mistaken, Petronas earned RM46Billion last year. My gawd thats so much money. I think Petronas easily can give out 5 months bonus to their staff. My company is a supplier to Petronas and let me tell you the product they buy are really top of the range ones. If you're a contractor engaging a job with Petronas, you must also follow the spec of products they use. For instance if Petronas workers are wearing brand A safety shoes, those sub contractors must also wear it when they're on board the oil rig.

Prodigy,
What do you supply?
Are you serious about the shoes thing? I never noticed.

About the parts...my experience with them is slightly different. They may want the best parts, but the platform builders(contracted by petronas) dont really care.

What makes me curious is why does petronas require a different(but similar) set of safety standards compared to the rest of the world? Eg. the boset training, they wont approve/acknowledge the safety licence held by a guy who trained and worked in brunei.

i can also tell you that Petronas have so many computer system in their junk yard. They just purchase and dump the system aside, and never use it.

there still something behind petronas, esspecially those days...

:mad:

yupe..petronas freaking rich... utp (universiti teknologi petronas) at tronoh perak..top of the class building structures , equipment..evrything...even petronas scholars gettin da best out of it!! hehehe...

Why would someone want to create losses for nothing?

Besides, its not the petrol companies or the government who's increasing the prices of petrol anyway. With oil prices going up, I dont see why people are expecting the oil companies to suck it up and make losses, or the government to increase subsidies to seriously high levels.

I only blame the high taxes on imported cars... fuel prices should be high, but not the price of technology, safety, efficiency and improvement.

Oh... I boycott Petronas for a long time, liao. Why?

1/ They sponsor F1 for the last 10 yrs. This goes into the billions. Why can't they sponsor Karamjit Singh? Why would Petronas be globally known, as claimed by those big shots? Aren't Petronas a member of OPEC and crude oil supplier is holding the market by it's balls???

2/ E01 engine not used nor further develop for M'sian cars.

3/ According to reliable sources, only 2 Petronas stations are owned by other races.

4/ There was a survey by the Petronas station in SS17 that it's mainly patronised by orang tanah. In Miri and Kuching, most non-orang tanah have been boycotting it, liao. In Miri, Shell used to provide FREE piped in cooking gas to all the homes. They have since charged RM2 per home. Hv you seen their refineries burning away the excess gas in Kertih and Paka? I did.

Its no surprise to me that only Bumi's are allowed to own Petronas kiosk. Petronas is our main source of income, imagine they make 40 billion in profit last year! So, it has its social responsibility to help the not so affluent people in Malaysia to earn some money for a living instead of being stuck at their paddy fields planting rice and plucking coconut. So one quick way is to award Petronas petrol kiosk licence to the Bumis so that they can be independent and we all develop as a nation. Notice the economical balance in Indonesia whereby the whole country economy is controller by the Chinese and the Chinese are the minority there. When a civil war breaks out, you see innocent chinese girls get raped, killed and so on.

Back to Malaysia, its the governments responsibility to ensure every race have every right to make it big financially. Back in the early 20th century, most business's are run by chinese people so you see what would have happen if the trend continued until today. A similar scenario could have happen in Malaysia as in Indonesia. Then the May 13, 1969 incident happened. A dark day in Malaysia's history and to avoid that shit happening again, the government came out with that plan(what was it called, NEP or something like that) that is to assists Bumi's in various field. Then you have MARA, whereby they'll loan you money to start business or send your kids for education. And there's FELDA whereby you can apply for a plot of land to start whatever business they like. And then you have special housing price and loans for the Bumis and stuff like that. You see all this perks are there for a reason, that is to assist the Bumi to balance off the race against economic power ratio as the Chinese and Indians have enjoyed.

So by saying all these stuff here, the government is quite simple helping out the Bumis, thats all. Remember we had the AP issue few weeks back? The whole idea of AP and its Bumi holders is to encourage Bumi's to go out and find for car manufacturers, bring them in and sell the cars as local agents. So this is another form of assistance. Besides, Petronas is the biggest company in Malaysia and possibly one of the biggest in the region. They have very big buying power and to sell products to them, you need to be a Bumi registered company with at least 50% or is it 75% Bumi ownership. Imagine how many thousands of Bumi company that is currently registered in their system and supplying to them. That is unless we do not have such expertise in our country and must be outsourced from overseas. All the government want in return is to see these people mature and learn to make their own money independently.

For me, i don't pump Petronas gas simply because i've been a long time user of Shell and my company subscribe to Shell Card so have to pump. I have no complains about their petrol so i'm just sticking to them. I think Petronas is sponsoring Karamjit right? I always see a small Petronas logo on his car. Maybe small sponsorship only. Also, you must realise F1 is a globally watched sport and is ranked among one of the most watched sports. You find that the best driver in F1 is the second richest sportman in the world and that clearly shows its popularity. What i'm trying to say here is that Petronas chose to concentrate on F1 because of the popularity and thats massive advertisement to them. WRC, sadly is one of the lower key racing and it makes no sense for Petronas to sponsor a WRC driver when they won't get the same returns as compared to F1. I mean my heart goes to Karamjit when he was fined for being unable to compete in the WRC race coz he's an absolute champion and deserves a huge dose of financial assistance. Sadly, unless WRC suddently picks up tonnes of attention in the racing world, its hard to see why Petronas will pour in millions to assist Karamjit.

Note: Please read this posting with a very open mind. No puns intended and lets keep this a healthy and mature discussion. Flamers can just sit back and wank themselves.

So are we gonna do the no petrol day or not? I've already got a few e-mails on this issue already. To do or not to do? Or go pump full tank? hehehe

satria_95 said:
So are we gonna do the no petrol day or not? I've already got a few e-mails on this issue already. To do or not to do? Or go pump full tank? hehehe
use NGV loo..hahaha..NGV also petronas :biggrin:

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom