2006 Brazil, Interlagos

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

GT3

Known Member
Mar 8, 2005
KL
Visit site
haih... sad ending.. MS was as always MEGA but really bad luck this time.. gonna miss seeing him race..

anyway congrats to FA.. at least MS has a worthy successor

David_1211

Known Member
May 31, 2006
highest tribute to M.Schumacher....
he shown us what 7times world champions have...
so quick, so aggresive..so precise...
its been awhile since the last time i saw him overtake this aggresive...
what a high quality performance by him...and Raikkonen..tire to tire seperated couple centimeter...this season one of the most exciting season

25% good car 25% good team(driver) and 50%luck is a formula of winning
Schumi proved it is rite...luck just not at his side today...

keithkeat

3,000 RPM
Jan 6, 2005
kapateS
Salute to the legend>>>>MSC

bye bye for the 2006 calander race.....

see u 2007 kimi & massa.....

infernaL

2,000 RPM
May 22, 2005
N/A
if it wasnt for the + yellow flag towards the end of the race he might have just be in the podium

zique

Kopi O Lesen Driver
Jun 30, 2004
Kuala Lumpur, M
mikeyip.com
Just wanna say that the despite the problems he faced in this race, Schuey really showed us why he is a 7 times world Champion. He suffered a puncture and is able to claw back to a 4th position, with fantastic overtakings throughout the race. I wonder what it'll be like in 2007 post Schuey. Will F1 ever be the same again?

Massa finally brought some fantastic joy to the Brazillian when he became the 2nd one to win on the home soil after Senna. I hope he brings this form into 2007 and continue to grow. Especially with the inclusion of Kimi as his team mate, it'll be a good partnership.

What about McLaren, will their reliability problem be solved? Will Alonso continue his winning ways with McLaren? Less than 24hours after the race, I'm already looking forward to watching the 2007 race and see how things goes.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
My heart broke when I saw Schumacher suffer tyre puncture after overtaking Fisi at lap 9.

Yesterday mark a end of an era. The last 2 races in 2006 calendar aren't what Schumacher is looking for, but that's part of the racing.

zique, i don't think Mercedes solved that reliabilities issue, and the engine is locked for future development.

Congratulation to Massa, Alonso and Button.
My next question, who will get No.3 car in Ferrari 2007? Kimi or Massa?

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Great race indeed for Michael. From the start it was obvious Ferrari brought along their super high spec engine just for this race. It probably was a high risk, extra power output engine and you could see they were at least 1 or 2 secs quicker than anyone else. Even that, Massa wasn't pushing 100% as he was never challenged. Alonso on the other hand lowered the revs on the engine and drove a really conservative race.

Special tribute to the outgoing F1 legend as he shows just why he's the 7 times WC. His lap times were astonishing as he literally blitz the field with his quick laps. Even his outlap from pitstop was the fastest lap at that time. Its a real pity he picked up a puncture so early and we didn't really get to see him challenge the leaders as i'm so sure he would have won it hands down. Though he has lost both championships these 2 years, he still retires on a high note with some superb drives and to me, he's one of the best drivers of all time.

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
BTW, there's no question about Mercedes's engine reliability. This year they only had like 1 or 2 engine blowouts. Compared to last year where Kimi lost 4 or 5 engines while leading the race. So i'd say the guys at Benz have built a good reliable engine, just a little too slow.

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
I'm so disappointed when I saw Michael's tyre punctured.
He was doing a great job.
Man, did you see Michael overtake two BMWs at one time on the 4th corner on the first lap?
That was fantastic. We won't get to see the master do this anymore. :(
If it wasn't for the technical problem during the qualifying and the puncture during the race, Michael will definately win the last race of his career.
Bye, bye Michael. You had done a great job.
Next year will be the beginning of a modern era for Formula One.
It will be the battle among the young drivers and only one of them had won the F1 WDC before. It will be very interesting and I can't wait to see the 2007 season to kick off.

Did anyone see how Kubica punished the Aguri? A revenge for Heidfeld. :)

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Hint of sarcasm from Ron, that Italian flag that the poster Kimi is holding and i suppose a gift basket from Ron that suspiciously has another Italian flag.

Anyways, Kimi too is leaving, but only to Ferrari. He deserves a tribute too as he's always been a real quick guy on the race track. Only problem is, Mclaren never really gave him the right car to challenge for the WDC. Either the car was too slow or the car was just plainly unreliable. He never had the luxury of having a car like Alonso or Michael. I wouldn't blame him for leaving Mclaren and even i would get fedup with the car that constantly breaks down in races.

However, Kimi has always given his best during his time in Mclaren. Wish him all the best!

cannondale>

1,500 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
kepong
it seems like everyone is talking about shumi rather than the world champion.

i hope ferarri will came out with some new shumi edition model in the comming future

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
cannondale> said:
it seems like everyone is talking about shumi rather than the world champion.

i hope ferarri will came out with some new shumi edition model in the comming future
a hint that no one likes the WD Champion... just joking:_:

the fact that MSC leaving F1 has overshadowed Alonsos second title win...

for all the things Michael had done for Formula 1 over his years in the sport... for rebuilding Ferrari to what it is today...for his passion, mentality and spirit that kept us all in interest with the sport... for the moments where he kept us on the edge of the seat with his racing and stunning drives...for the heart aching moments that he is critisized for his controversies on the track...surely there are people that will miss him...

i believe that the world of Formula 1 and his loyal fans will miss him...

but don't worry... although he won't be in a racing seat anytime soon... but i think we will still see him around paddock next season...i am sure JT has somethings planned for Michael...

Murray Walker on Michael...
http://www.planet-f1.com/News/Story_Page/0,15909,3210_3213_1626858,00.html

David_1211

Known Member
May 31, 2006
yah...i have a same feeling that Michael will b principle role in Ferrari team very soon..helping in developement of Ferrari F1 team as well as Ferrari production car...

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
knowing how to drive fast doens't mean that you know how to manage the team. We have many good example in the past, Alan Prost is the last example we have in modern F1 history.

David_1211

Known Member
May 31, 2006
principle role doesn't mean he will be managing the team...mayb consultant or advisor??