2 piece SSR 15" screw/bolt

Oderf

1,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
KL
www.zerotohundred.com
Hi guys,

Does anyone know what spanner/tool should i use to open the screw/bolt of this 2 piece rim.... i want to DIY the painting of the inner part of the rim (bunga only, not the outer rim). Also, where can i find the bollts/screws replacement ? i already have it painted black...not looking nice already ? anyone ? thanks.
[/IMG]

SataniC

Old Is Gold
Dec 9, 2003
Subang
Visit site
u can purchase an airgun head from the local hardware shop...just drive your car there...and bring one of the workers to see the screw/nut....thats wat i did...i buy this airgun head...then use the normal airgun from my workshop and open....trust me its much more faster than if u wanna try to unscrew them one by one using a spannar....

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
y rim need to split to 2/3 piece? can anyone tell me?

Oderf

1,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
KL
www.zerotohundred.com
SataniC said:
u can purchase an airgun head from the local hardware shop...just drive your car there...and bring one of the workers to see the screw/nut....thats wat i did...i buy this airgun head...then use the normal airgun from my workshop and open....trust me its much more faster than if u wanna try to unscrew them one by one using a spannar....
bro, how much the air gun head ? what about the screws/bolts ? can i get it at any hardware shop too ?

u said easier using air gun, so is there any special spanner for it if we r not using air gun ? where can i get it ?

thanks

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
so this is the main reason for manufacture to split rim to 2/3 piece?
i think this is not..

Oderf

1,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
KL
www.zerotohundred.com
it does not matter bro, i just ned to find the right tool to split them up and also the replacement screws/bolts so it will looks better.. anyone know where i can find them ?

Alvin

Sep 18, 2005
JB
Go get a Allen key, any hardware shop can get it, those screws u mention is allen screw, but make sure yur screw is imperial or matrix size :smile:

general

Known Member
Apr 9, 2004
Penang
www.protonmania.com
beware b4 u separate the 2/3 piece rims. all i know u have to balance back after u put it together. 2/3 piece rims is made with hi-tech, so u cant simply split it & put it back together. the result/balance wont be the same...

tylaxng

Known Member
Jul 26, 2005
Penang,Malaysia
howiechoo said:
so this is the main reason for manufacture to split rim to 2/3 piece?
i think this is not..
rim making process normally can split to 2 type: molding and forging

molding: making a mold and pour the metal(liquid type, need high temperature) inside the mold.

adv: easy to mass product, least process
disadv: metal density lower than forging rim(low density means low strength), when using molding process will generate bubble or air gap inside the rim, that's y normal rim need to balancing, coz got different density.

forging: need create mold also, but the mold is different with molding process using one. Forging's mold will split to 2 and symmetric. Using it for squeezing the metal (soft type, temperature lower than molding).

adv: strength(high density, coz squeezing), perfect balancing(sometimes no need balancing)
disadv: complex(more process), can't making whole rim (this is the reason y need 2 or 3 pieces, coz forging can't making complex shape), every screw for rim part combining need same pressure.

wish can ans ur question

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys,

Today at 5pm my sister's car, a red colored, early edition Saga LMST (designated Iswara Aeroback by JPJ) was discovered missing from Setiawangsa Putra LRT station. She parked the car inside the parking area at around 12.30pm.

There were no glass shards or peculiar stuff found at the scene. The lot was clean as far as i can tell.

The car has only 1 month delay in payment, and i have not had the chance to check with finance since its the weekend. Will find out from them and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience