Hello Guest! Log in or Sign up for a full experience & ad-free!

1jz gte exhaust setup

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

markii

Known Member
wad is the ideal exhaust setup for a stock or slightly modified 1jz-gte auto engine?
A) 3 inch piping all the way wif straight flow bullet n straight flow muffler
B) 2.5 inch piping all the way wif straight flow bullet n straight flow muffler
C) 3 inch piping all the way wif 2.5" straight flow bullet n 3" straight flow muffler

i want to have good acceleration

Last edited:
what about 3inch all the way, no bullet but with an s-flow muffler? i tried that setup with a 3inch tanabe g-power medallion, super silent n comfortable when cruising. only a slight growl on idle...

what i am worried about is the auto tranny. it needs some pressure or else acceleration will not be good. at the moment im leaning towards option C. the smaller inlet bullet should probably give the exhaust gas some pressure

Last edited by a moderator:
what i am worried about is the auto tranny. it needs some pressure or else acceleration will not be good. at the moment im leaning towards option C. the smaller inlet bullet should probably give the exhaust gas some pressure

agree.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Im running a 1G-GTE Auto on my Chaser and managed to get my hands on a complete set of SS Tanabe Hyper Medallion 2.5" from front to back with a S-flow muffler. Id say this is sifficient to make enough power for the car's pick up and acceleration. Although I feel its loosing out on the top end but low end and mid end is good for city driving. Good low bassy sound too. A comman upgrade on exhaust is 3" all the way, but you need to consider the AUTO trans ure having.

yes im a little stuck whether to go for 3" or 2.5". i would like to use this as a daily car. no major mods like injectors or cams. just want to have good acceleration.

A Post Every 5 Mins

Pors911_R_0.jpg

Recently we covered the Porsche Cup S and now Porsche unveiled a revised version of its most powerful 911-based racecar. Called the GT3 RSR, its predecessor is renowned for winning several races, among them being the legendary Le Mans 24 hour races at both France and Spa in Belgium as well as overall victory in the grueling Nurburgring 24 hours in Germany...

Online now

Search

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom