1.8 Gsr Question

evolancer

Known Member
Mar 29, 2005
hello all sifus:

guys i got few questions about this engine..hope u all can help.
first i was told that this gsr got few version,normal type,RS type and.....
this normal version one is about 160hp and is auto-aircon controller...
and the RS type is about 200hp with six speed and manual aircon-controller...
i just want to verify is it true about this?? bcos i already paid 1k deposit for this halfcut and i told the chopshop guy i want the 200hp one, the guy said no problem and later on he told me the aircon will be convert to auto type with this 200hp type...so i was blur now cos dont know which one is correct??how i know that which type he will swop??(do dyno test will be too late after the conversion)so wat are the things need to look out for??to ensure that he give me to correct type??thanks

Super GSR

Known Member
May 8, 2005
Dear Evolancer,
There's no such thing of normal type with 160hp & auto a/cond, RS type 200hp + 6 speed. All GSR are having same hp at 195ps/6500 rpm, the normal 1 with auto a/cond, the RS 1 with manual a/cond, no 6 speed at all. Except the wagon type called LIBERO GT which is around 205-210ps, evo intercooler & piping, mayb a mildly upgraded TD04 turbo. That's all.

rps13_R

500 RPM
Apr 8, 2005
Visit site
there is a GSR RS with 200 hp saw and being confirmed b4

dunno it is the turbo or engine tat makes it
but with six speed??? Evo7 also tak ada

evolancer

Known Member
Mar 29, 2005
rps13_R said:
there is a GSR RS with 200 hp saw and being confirmed b4

dunno it is the turbo or engine tat makes it
but with six speed??? Evo7 also tak ada

thats wat i was told....if i know no need to ask u all sifus la....by the way if i tade in back my wira engine year 2001,how much i can get back ah??i know its very little,just want to know roughly worth how much.

crocky

Known Member
Mar 12, 2005
JB
turbonetics said:
gsr never got 6 speed leh....if got kan cun?hehehe
Dont go for RS lah..just buy normal GSR then modified it a little bit can tapao the RS already..

I dont believe in RS version here as kedai potong sure tukar wannn..RS version also been whacked by japanese guy out there..

just my 2 cents

gsrTurbo9166

500 RPM
Apr 23, 2005
crocky said:
Dont go for RS lah..just buy normal GSR then modified it a little bit can tapao the RS already..

I dont believe in RS version here as kedai potong sure tukar wannn..RS version also been whacked by japanese guy out there..

just my 2 cents
i totally agree with crocky.
some sifus here already mod til their gsr can ta pau evo.
keep the money to mod the original gsr

GSR5559

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
www.zerotohundred.com
as far as i know, GSR RS comes wif biger front mount intercooler, diff ECU code, analog aircon, 210bhp. as for normal GSR, it comes wif small side mount intercooler, diff ECU code than GSR RS, digital aircon, 195bhp. other specs not so sure. thats wht i heard from others. but to get a GSR engine, get the normal GSR one. no point of getting RS. no big difference in performance wise but price veri big difference. even it is few hundred difference but i think it is not worth it. anwyay anyone culd claim dat their using RS if they change their aircon analog. cus thats the oni visible thing to know.

evolancer

Known Member
Mar 29, 2005
thanks for the feedback guys...anyone know how much worth my wira year 2001 engine if i trade in??currently waiting for the halfcut,once changed will ask u all experts how to modd further

sta

500 RPM
Dec 26, 2004
mine got "eci intercooler" on the head
is it regular gsr or gsr rs?

sta

500 RPM
Dec 26, 2004
my 4g93 head got write "eci intercooler" is it regular gsr or gsr rs?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Blue "YS Khong" Putra Stolen (WFL7748)

Dear zthian,

Just minutes ago, my friend called me and inform me that his Putra has been stolen outside his house in Bandar Utama.

The car is very easy to recognise coz it has stickers all over the car. The number plate is WFL7748

If you have seen this car, please call:
1. Ian Khong at 019-3373879
2. Ivan Khong at 012-3330121

Please help...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience