‘Shave or leave’ order enrages punjabi man

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

satria_95

6,000 RPM
‘Shave or leave’ order enrages punjabi man
By SYLVIA LOOI
BATU GAJAH: A Punjabi man is enraged that his Form Five son is being forced to shave his beard and moustache by the school authorities.

Jasmel Singh, 45, said his son Ranveer Singh was informed by the school principal last week that he could not keep facial hair or sport sideburns as it was against school regulations.

“I find the ruling absurd as according to our religion, a Sikh is not supposed to remove hair on any part of his body,” he complained. The father of three said he tried to meet the principal to explain the matter but was turned away. “She just curtly turned me away and said if my son refused to follow her instruction, he should get himself transferred to another school.

“She has given him an ultimatum to turn up clean shaven by Monday,” said Jasmel Singh.

Describing the ruling as discriminatory, Jasmel Singh said he would not bow to the principal’s demand. “If I force my son to shave his facial hair, what kind of example am I setting for him?” he asked, adding that the issue should not arise as long as his son was neat and presentable.

Ranveer Singh, 17, who will be sitting for his SPM this year, said the matter had caused him undue stress. “I find it hard to concentrate in class because of this,” he said.

State Education Department Mohamad Zakaria Mohd Noor said Ranveer Singh could write to the director of schools unit under the Education Ministry to be permitted to keep his facial hair and side burns.

“At the moment, he will not be forced to shave his hair,” said Mohamad Zakaria.
In an immediate response, Jasmel Singh said he would not write the letter as it was irrelevant.

“It is ridiculous to get permission for a religious requirement,” he said.

Har? back then when im in secondary school alot of my punjabi friends also got facial hair and sideburns le.. nothing wrong wit it wat..

gila la the school authorities...ntg else to do meh? small things also can make big until reach to the news.. lol

they shud focus on those school bullies and lalachais le.. stamp out gangsterism etc etc.... Juz my opinion tho.. peace:cyclops:

that principal is ought to be gunned down... where did she come fr? foreinger ar? if m'sian .. she should be fucking ashame of her attitude... never go to school wan ar?

i totally support the punjabi boy...

isnt it for religous reasons for them to keep facial hair/piercings .. correct me if im wrong

another fine example of the boleh-land system

My secondary class had 2 punjabi guys and though we made fun of them, there was no real racist intent and its all school kids fun thats all. Anyway, the principal is at fault coz she should've just keep her damn mouth shut. These are petty issues that should be settled in-house. Quite rightly said, she should concentrate more on banishing gangsterism and make sure her students produce result before taking care of petty issues like these.

this issue is ver close to heart as i'm punjabi too. the principal should be more understanding of other religion and culture before passing judgement. i hope they clarify the matter fast before this ruling becomes a precedent. Malaysia is a multi racial country and before certain quarters try to change it into Indonesia ie. names are similar, single language without identity of sorts, the authorities should put their foot down and make it clear of our Malaysian way of tolerance and sensitivity to others.

sighs...my previous skool...super straight at these side burns and hair thingy...

later..also they will ask...

'pelajar pelajar lelaki yang mempunyai 'pubic hair'.......perlu di 'shaved'

ahhaaha cipet...i'll show my principle a thing or two if she asked me to trim down under....

The principal should be reprimanded for not thinking properly... there goes her fat bonus and incentives... demote her to Assistant Janitor.

This is SOLELY the principle's fault, not the country and the system. The State Education Department Mohamad Zakaria Mohd Noor already said no need to cut anything. So for this particular case, let's leave the babi-land, the govt and the system out of it........ hahahaha so hard to do that.

they make me cut my little jangut last time

haha skools now are like that wan...strict konon...

those air heads cant even think...c'mon la..its a reliegon thing la..cut that boy some slack man

teacher as such need to attend special "smart school" class for general knowledge.

^^TAKATA^^ said:
Har? back then when im in secondary school alot of my punjabi friends also got facial hair and sideburns le.. nothing wrong wit it wat..

gila la the school authorities...ntg else to do meh? small things also can make big until reach to the news.. lol

they shud focus on those school bullies and lalachais le.. stamp out gangsterism etc etc.... Juz my opinion tho.. peace:cyclops:

coz they useless and scared get whacked.
so bully the minority better.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom