Proton 4G13/4G15....Satria/Wira/Saga

coolman91

Known Member
Apr 8, 2009
WOW i know MUCH MUCH MORE by the pictures thank you......
2 more NOOB QUESTION.....
1)u say SOHC can be change to DOHC right ? is just need to change the top parts right other can be remain am i right......
2)can 4g15 DOHC modify to 4G93 without changging Bottom parts :confused:

biz-da-tech

500 RPM
Jan 21, 2006
He think google reply slow and ant understand and to much answer?

Here fast easy and supportive reply LOL :p

Bump: He think google reply slow and ant understand and to much answer?

Here fast easy and supportive reply LOL :p

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
well i think google is faster and able to get get more accurate answers... here we are to discuss about what we know mah...

Bump: well i think google is faster and able to get get more accurate answers... here we are to discuss about what we know mah...

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
well i think google is faster and able to get get more accurate answers... here we are to discuss about what we know mah...

Bump: well i think google is faster and able to get get more accurate answers... here we are to discuss about what we know mah...
agreed, for general stuffs google is way faster, just filter out the many unrelated things...

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
WOW i know MUCH MUCH MORE by the pictures thank you......
2 more NOOB QUESTION.....
1)u say SOHC can be change to DOHC right ? is just need to change the top parts right other can be remain am i right......
2)can 4g15 DOHC modify to 4G93 without changging Bottom parts :confused:
1) mostly yes... except for fuel injection engine with variable cam timing such as mivec, u need to change the whole wiring n ecu system as well...

2) no... as i said, 4g15 and 4g93 does not come from the same family of engines... hence, u cannot modify to 4g93 from a 4g15... its totally a different engine.... but if u say modify from 4g92p to 4g93, it is possible..

one more thing... the codes (such as 4g15, 4g92, 4g93, etc) are based on the engine block (bottom block)... the top cylinder head does not have any code....

agreed, for general stuffs google is way faster, just filter out the many unrelated things...
unfortunately that those unrelated things will make a person even more blur...

coolman91

Known Member
Apr 8, 2009
Still is the SKYWALKER understand me XD........
i am a newbie ........ if u search more i will have more ???? but if i ask and the answer direct come out is more better then GOOGLE....
YES GOOGLE is alot of answer but i still dont understand that y i am asking here.... sorry all SIFU i am a NOOB NEWBIE :bawling:+ SLOW pick up.....:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Bump: Still is the SKYWALKER understand me XD........
i am a newbie ........ if u search more i will have more ???? but if i ask and the answer direct come out is more better then GOOGLE....
YES GOOGLE is alot of answer but i still dont understand that y i am asking here.... sorry all SIFU i am a NOOB NEWBIE :bawling:+ SLOW pick up.....:banghead::banghead::banghead:

biz-da-tech

500 RPM
Jan 21, 2006
well newbie there~ mod fast also must know ur car handling well so u can able fast and stable ur ride and avoid accident and be responsible driver as well :)

guys really wanted to know 4g13p install 4g15 piston , piston ring all parts and labour is how much ya >.<

Bump: well newbie there~ mod fast also must know ur car handling well so u can able fast and stable ur ride and avoid accident and be responsible driver as well :)

guys really wanted to know 4g13p install 4g15 piston , piston ring all parts and labour is how much ya >.<

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
well... sorry to say that i'm too lazy to explain again n again n again... heheh... sorry.. :smokin:

perhaps i should say.. if u wanto learn something from somebody.. at least u make sure u know some basics b4 asking for more knowledge... u cannot expect ppl to spoon feed every single knowledge to u... the person might just think that u take them for granted asking for something without knowing anything b4 hand. It is like asking somebody "How do I run?? But i do not know how to walk yet."

Well... i am sure that most of us here learn through experience, hard lessons with money involved, lots of precious time, n sometimes even with blood (injuries, accidents etc), and also lots of mistakes... lots of jalan buta/buntu... then only we become sifu...

Take learning kungfu for example... if a student ask the Master.. how to perform the Buddha Palm... even if the Master show the student... the student wont be able to do it.. bcos in order to master the technique... u have to master lots of basics and understanding of the martial art, and of cos years of practise and cultivation.

argh.. enough of my babbling... :thefinger:

lets continue discuss on 4G13/15 :driver:

this coming 25th... who wanna join me peksan?? :thefinger:

HaxDuum

Known Member
Nov 4, 2007
me this time comfirm^^ but sure cant follow u all... u all so fast:bawling:

Bump: me this time comfirm^^ but sure cant follow u all... u all so fast:bawling:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
everyone comes from the same boat my fren
yeah... if we understand the overall picture, everything back to square one... everything is related to each other...

well newbie there~ mod fast also must know ur car handling well so u can able fast and stable ur ride and avoid accident and be responsible driver as well :)

yes... 4g13p can install 4g15 piston... given that u bore ur engine block bigger to accomodate the larger piston... conrods n crankshaft dont need to change as its the same...

labour charge i not sure though...

this coming 25th... who wanna join me peksan?? :thefinger:
i wish to join but 27th is my final year project submission date... next month ok??..

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
I advise the newbies to follow the same learning curve as everyone else. No one here has learned any faster than each other, unless we are talking about paid education.

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
khguan, sorry was too busy to take da nuts :banghead:

anyway, i play this engine till sien liow then upgrade to 9 series on my ex car and now due to family commitments and lotsa other commitments i downgrade back to this.

it has its good and bads, good is parts are cheaper and lotsa spare parts shops are selling, many mech's and foreman's knows how to build or repair this engine, very less maintenance (just change oil:thefinger:), this engine if properly mod can go against 1.6's and sometimes 1.8s :love:, its a simple and robust engine (well its the last of its kind fm mitsubishi)hahaha..

on question about modifications, everyone has its own stand and own perception on what to mod and what he wants to do on his/her ride/engine...

i started fm noob fm playing/messing around with webers till fuel injection, till i sometimes also fedap as to why i put so much money into it..but it all voice down to this word "PASSION"... yes "passion" for modification of engines...

chris_ch3w

Known Member
Feb 15, 2006
there also exists a 4g15 dohc terbalik type...so the head wont bolt on to our 4g15, opposite orientation

chris chew, 4g93 ad 4g93p have different displacement? how different?
i will check back with u later..from wat i know, proton is more abit from mitsubishi :hmmmm:

uncle fred, so playing g9series and 1series...u sure feel the diff..anything dat 1series can be do to feel like 9series?

Last edited:

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
HaxDuum,
my car is old junk already... dont worry... hehe.. :slug:

skywalker,
well... u still need to eat, sleep n play ma.... come relax a bit lo...:driver:

fstrader,
i agree with u... are u talking about the 4G15 engine?? yes it is a very robust engine design... very seldom we hear this engine blow... especially the 4G13... no matter how u whack kau the engine... still no problem...

for me.. after playing with car mods for these few years.. i feel that stock settings are the most reliable... which made me to opt for stock parts from other cars if possible... like the extractor and rampipe... another example would be the air filter... i still maintain the drop-in style but with better filter element... there must be some kind of engineering behind the design of the airbox and air reserve that come in the intake system.

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
i will check back with u later..from wat i know, proton is more abit from mitsubishi :hmmmm:

uncle fred, so playing g9series and 1series...u sure feel the diff..anything dat 1series can be do to feel like 9series?
it can never feel like 9 series, it is totally different. one has 1 cam and d other has 2 cams.. :smokin:

when i am on g9s i always miss the low end of sohc's, they have better pick up and mid ends..

g9s has good top end, it can reach 200 easily but wat i miss will be low end.. in the process u will be trying very hard to get the low end that u want and that means spending more then u should be in getting it hahaha :bawling:

everybody wants to go DOHC (twin cam) but call me old fashion, i still likes SOHC more then twins hahaha..

HaxDuum,
my car is old junk already... dont worry... hehe.. :slug:

skywalker,
well... u still need to eat, sleep n play ma.... come relax a bit lo...:driver:

fstrader,
i agree with u... are u talking about the 4G15 engine?? yes it is a very robust engine design... very seldom we hear this engine blow... especially the 4G13... no matter how u whack kau the engine... still no problem...

for me.. after playing with car mods for these few years.. i feel that stock settings are the most reliable... which made me to opt for stock parts from other cars if possible... like the extractor and rampipe... another example would be the air filter... i still maintain the drop-in style but with better filter element... there must be some kind of engineering behind the design of the airbox and air reserve that come in the intake system.
yeah same also, i always advise my peers to go back to original parts/settings whenever they ask me what i mod, and i always tell them "STOCK MAA no mod one" and most of u all dont believe, in the end you all tot i very hidung tinggi (lanci fella this fstrader, dowan tell me what he mod) :stupid:

biz-da-tech

500 RPM
Jan 21, 2006
Skywalksr u are in my msn but u never reply me!

Well actually I wanted where can do and put the piston to my 4g13p

Because over Penang sound all the mech are not pro and expensive.

So maybe will drive down my car to kl n fix :p so sifu here please recommended place shop can agak the price?

Saw someone post at mudah.my selling 4g13 n 4g15 turbo kit only 3.5k. Worth to go for it?

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
fred,
thats y i always tell ppl my car is stock-nia.... :thefinger:

biz-da-tech,
well.. getting a 1.5 engine kosong would be a better option... cheaper and faster... the only thing is u need to either register with JPJ or temper the block number...

but who cares if u are using 4G13/15 in ur engine bay?? who would check?? unless u are super unlucky la... hehe..

biz-da-tech

500 RPM
Jan 21, 2006
Yes also la but now already on 4g13 also lazy to apply to jpj somemore already well maintain to the engine so little bit sayang go 4g15 ma :p scare get a suck engine have to spend over again :p some more here a lot 4g13 so felt I'm warm at here haha4g13 member

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey sifus !!! i got 2 friends using wira n waja wan to change their engine into evo. They heard that Tomei selling complete new engine. Is that really exsist ?? anybody any idea. does it selling new evo3 and evo5 engine???? help?? wats the price??? :biggrin:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience