can anyone tell me when's the next6 event like this and how does one enter

peterink2000

Known Member
Jan 8, 2005
Old Klang Rd
Visit site
There are 2 events going on this year: R3 and GRA

R3 is more technical and high speed fun otherwise,

GRA is more grassroots: 1st to 2nd gear(max) and some good 360 turns, handbrake jobs!!! involved. Be ready!

btw, wat car u driving? We'll see which class u fall under.

equin0x

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
KL
www.keiconcept.net
peterink2000 said:
There are 2 events going on this year: R3 and GRA

R3 is more technical and high speed fun otherwise,

GRA is more grassroots: 1st to 2nd gear(max) and some good 360 turns, handbrake jobs!!! involved. Be ready!

btw, wat car u driving? We'll see which class u fall under.
speaking of which, peterink2000, where is the kelisa 4wd turbo friend that u brought along to R3 Time Attack 1dot6? the next time around, grab him in also la

vinesh

Known Member
Feb 1, 2005
im using a satria 1.6 stock..
could anyone give me a number i could call to get more info...

suzie

Known Member
Nov 19, 2004
GrassRacingAutosports.com is the leader in grassroots motorsports, and would be conducting several more events such as drive clinics, etc. Thus please log onto www.grassracingautosports.com aka home of autocrossers for more details.

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
suzie said:
GrassRacingAutosports.com is the leader in grassroots motorsports, and would be conducting several more events such as drive clinics, etc. Thus please log onto www.grassracingautosports.com aka home of autocrossers for more details.
How do you quantify "Leader"?

by amount of competitors?? sponsors?????

No offence dude, but for an organiser of only two GRA Autocross rounds you are disrespecting other Grassroot (meaning entry level motorsports) organisers such as Sync Optima (more than 20 Drift events) Drift.Com. (Many Countless events) FTS (2 Autocross and counting)

Not to mention R3 with their Drift & Time Attack (4 rounds in 04, 5 rounds in 06) and many more to come

suzie

Known Member
Nov 19, 2004
No offence taken not to worry. Maybe i should rephrase that, in terms of grassroot autocross rounds and santioned events, we were the first to do an Autocross Round sanctioned by AAM with a novice category. Maybe that does not qualify us, but we were the leader to do it in this country with both disciplines. No one has ever organized a santionced autocross round with a novice category before. In the days of BT3 where they ran the gravel autocross, there was a novice category but that was a gravel sprint rally, with a co-driver. Just my memories of motorsport here back in 1982 then.

On the last round of SSO, yes R3 did a brilliant job for getting their last round sanctioned for D1 in 2005. I trully enjoyed that run...thanks for the brake pads...haahha

I think the drift scene, Sync Optima and Angle D5 and DCM are doing a brilliant job of promoting grassroots as well. So goes for FTS for organizing an autocross round in Ipoh. R3 should pump money to support and sponsor their cause...motorsports is sad here..not enough sponsors.

I totally agree, with you, Faisal, quantifying us as leaders, well we were the first for the novice and sanctioned event, and if i cant claim that, so maybe i should put leaders in Autocross but that would be disrespectful to R3, as they were there first, actually AMF was here first, but then again, it was MMSC that first organized its first Autocross in 1970+ in Dewan Sivik PJ State, i think...but no novice category..newbies are crucial..for motorsports.

hahaha, but i love the R3TA events, hehehehe got lots more competitors but lack the tire screeching of the drifter cars...which i wish for...

QiW

6,000 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
KL
Visit site
hmmm .. yalorr .. R3 should get more sponsors for the event .. not just for the year end overall podium prizes .. but for the participating contestants .. get what i mean ?? hint hint .. hehehehehe

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
suzie said:
Maybe i should rephrase that, in terms of grassroot autocross rounds and santioned events, we were the first to do an Autocross Round sanctioned by AAM with a novice category. Maybe that does not qualify us, but we were the leader to do it in this country with both disciplines. No one has ever organized a santionced autocross round with a novice category before.

On the last round of SSO, yes R3 did a brilliant job for getting their last round sanctioned for D1 in 2005.

I think the drift scene, Sync Optima and Angle D5 and DCM are doing a brilliant job of promoting grassroots as well. So goes for FTS for organizing an autocross round in Ipoh. R3 should pump money to support and sponsor their cause...motorsports is sad here..not enough sponsors.

I totally agree, with you, Faisal, quantifying us as leaders, well we were the first for the novice and sanctioned event, and if i cant claim that, so maybe i should put leaders in Autocross but that would be disrespectful to R3, as they were there first, actually AMF was here first,
Self proclaiming yourself leaders for having a Novice category in a Grassroot Level event?? a bit of a case beating your own drums don't you think....

I think you misunderstood my English. I do not agree with you but question your calling GRA "Leaders in Grassroot Motorsports". Organise more and better AutoX /Drift/Grassroot events, before proclaiming yourself leaders...

If I remember correctly there was only A single Novice award for the top novice in each class. Which is massively different from a "Category". Grassroot level motorsports is already mostly for entry level, meaning mostly novices.

Ian, since '05 most R3 Drift and TA are AAM sanctioned. Not just at the last round.

As to sponsors why don't you share your sponsors since you have so many? BF-G/Nando/RedBull etc etc.

Last edited:

suzie

Known Member
Nov 19, 2004
hehehe, yeah maybe u are right, i should not put down leader in grassroots. did not think anyone would take notice. maybe put down something else like pushing grassroots or something. :cyclops:

the sponsors are open to anyone wanting them to sponsor. i dont control them, and from my reckoning, my sponsors were also approached for various other events. not sure why they did not wanted to sponsor other organizers or promoters. i dont think i am able to go to my sponsors and tell them to sponsor others that i feel they should sponsor as i am not their marketing manager. all i did was basically tying my luck, and they said yes...to gra.

sharing is caring..hheheheeheh..

in the r3TA, there was also large sponsors present. Indemitsu oils, AlaFonte, and some other drinks, Proton...etc. I think those are already big sponsors, mintex, advanti, r3, those are already big names. doubt if anyone can match that as you can see, that the R3 TA is the larger event compared to anyone currently.

...Stay Tuned..

gary

Known Member
May 9, 2005
subang
ok.. case closed ;) I have the utmost respect and support for anyone and everyone who is a supporter of grass roots motorsports.. Well done to all, the individuals, organisers, sponsors, and not forgetting, the competitors themselves, without them, there will be no event.

"To first have grassroots events, we must first have competitors." (yes, you can quote me on that)

suzie

Known Member
Nov 19, 2004
no case lah...not to worry. hahaha..like i dont know the Ah Fai...ahahah i am sure he is the motorshow checking out the gals ....as usual...ahahahhahah

anyways, its sad that sponsors are shying away. without them , no event, then end up no competitors.. gary is right, we need more competitors..how to find..?

nowadays even the rallies, are loosing competitors...someone better do something to revive it...the organization is ok, no problems there..only not enough competitors...to make it..

Crash

1,500 RPM
Dec 2, 2003
Kay-El
vernonchan.com
Should organise grassroots rallying. I'll sure be there one! Rallying is just too expensive for amateurs mate.

Even grassroots circuit events. Damn, I'd so want to participate!

clement

500 RPM
Oct 15, 2005
we need more competitors..how to find..?

i think advertisement such as banners of any other stuff to keep the public aware 1 or 2 weeks before the event other than online....
just a suggestion....

suzie

Known Member
Nov 19, 2004
i think clement has a point. but we already have a website, so dont think we need a banner..going. we dont have money to do any advertisement. we only rely on the community to spread the word..:shocked:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My car got stolen( Perdana v6 JFK 8607 ,black colour). It was stolen this morning from Ridzuan Condo, Sunway. Please guys if you see this car anywhere please contact me here

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience