Essential RX maintenance

reartyre

Known Member
Mar 18, 2005
digital .... i think you've seen it man ... fix a time and i'll gladly come phat!

thanks man

khbeh34

Known Member
Feb 3, 2006
Realiable????

To every expert at here....Is that the RX-8 Rotary engine Realiable???? Heard the machanic said this engine always 'eat' oil---> afterthat have to rebuild or change engine? I'm planning to buy a RX-8 manual with Mazdaspeed bodykit.... suddenly heard the machanic say like that, feel very shock dunno should i buy or not....

Thanks for help to answer my question.... Newbie here...

13btt

Known Member
May 31, 2004
Sydney, AUS
www.reclub.com.my
Can't trust mechanics in what they say when talking about rotary engine here - they don't have the skill / lack of knowledge with them so they say they (RE) are crap / unreliable. To them it is better to say engine no good then as that way they save face / maintain your confidence in them as mechanics lah.

Isn't it typical for one mechanic to run down another mechanic just to get your business...? So how can you trust their objectivity and provide an unbiased opinion??

Simple answer really - look at rotary's history overseas say in USA and Australia and that should answer your Q. Local knowlege amongst mechanics in KL is limited hence the bad publicity / reputation. See "rotary engine no good lah" posting for all your answers.

khbeh34

Known Member
Feb 3, 2006
13btt said:
Can't trust mechanics in what they say when talking about rotary engine here - they don't have the skill / lack of knowledge with them so they say they (RE) are crap / unreliable. To them it is better to say engine no good then as that way they save face / maintain your confidence in them as mechanics lah.

Isn't it typical for one mechanic to run down another mechanic just to get your business...? So how can you trust their objectivity and provide an unbiased opinion??

Simple answer really - look at rotary's history overseas say in USA and Australia and that should answer your Q. Local knowlege amongst mechanics in KL is limited hence the bad publicity / reputation. See "rotary engine no good lah" posting for all your answers.
Sir, if i didt do any mod in RX-8 is it oso a daily use car? RX-8 can drive in highway? will it overheat?

thanks for answering me.... i really look like idiot coz i ask the dump dump question...

Last edited:

jasonlel

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Johor Bahru
Visit site
No question is dump, but . . . :emoticon_U:

khbeh34 said:
Sir, if i didt do any mod in RX-8 is it oso a daily use car? RX-8 can drive in highway? will it overheat? by the way if i wanna modified at the performance parts which will u recomend me?

thanks for answering me.... i really look like idiot coz i ask the dump dump question...

13btt

Known Member
May 31, 2004
Sydney, AUS
www.reclub.com.my
No it won't overheat and yes of course can use as daily driver. Mazda wouldn't design a car that isn't reliable especially the RX-8!

khbeh34

Known Member
Feb 3, 2006
good news.... i'm ordering a RX-8 wit Mazdaspeed bodykit plus manual version... Wish me luck.....

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
khbeh34 said:
good news.... i'm ordering a RX-8 wit Mazdaspeed bodykit plus manual version... Wish me luck.....
well done. do join us when you come to kl

quixeric

Known Member
Dec 30, 2005
welcome to the gang, hey alchemis how much did u purchase the SARD AST and whre ya get it. im looking for 1 now, think i will use back the 0.9 caps

Alchemis

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2005
i got it from ah choy.... around 500...
comes with a 1.3 BAR cap. useless. i swapped back with the 0.9 BAR

his place also have a taiwan made AST... that cost almost half the price only.. but serve the same purpose.

RERider

Aug 7, 2004
Putrajaya
Ah Choy has rebuilt an RX-8 recently. 2nd is on the way, with all new housings , rotors and all rebuild kits from Mazda, Japan.:_:

SideWaysGrey

500 RPM
May 12, 2004
Seremban, NS
Visit site
RERider,
is that the yellow one plastic wrapped ? seems really new to have a blown engine

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
i understand that the rx8 is going with the fds rebuild kit. wonder how it will perform? i guess the greddy turbokit needs those seals.

RERider

Aug 7, 2004
Putrajaya
SideWaysGrey- The Yellow one already on the road with new renesis engine which inc all new renesis housing, rotors and rebuild kits for RX-8. Damage RM15,000 in total. Very reasonable price and I considered it ready cheap.

RERider

Aug 7, 2004
Putrajaya
phat7 said:
i understand that the rx8 is going with the fds rebuild kit. wonder how it will perform? i guess the greddy turbokit needs those seals.
Lennon is the one running on it. Wonder ah choy changes the corner seals too. Renesis one is different from FD.

Lennon, mind to share with us? the pros and cons of using FD seals??:regular_smile:

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
its good to see lennon making technical headway for other rx8 owners. good luck lennon and hope all goes well. take her easy for the first 1k km then boost away!!

SideWaysGrey

500 RPM
May 12, 2004
Seremban, NS
Visit site
RERider said:
SideWaysGrey- The Yellow one already on the road with new renesis engine which inc all new renesis housing, rotors and rebuild kits for RX-8. Damage RM15,000 in total. Very reasonable price and I considered it ready cheap.
ouch...:emoticon_U:

Nov 20, 2005
sorry to interupt a private... are you guys talking abt an RX7 with a rebuilt engine from RX8 or an RX8 with a rebuilt RX8 engine? juz confused...

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
rx8 engine but running rx7 seals and possibly rx7 rotors.
the rx8 engine leaves much to be desired when it comes to outright performance. the owner of the rx8 i believe has installed a tc but due to inherent blowby due to increased charge air the owner has opted for rx7 seals and i do believe there are 3mm machined rotors in the overall project as well.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all the car lover especially vvti lover..

today i went to TTDI area at 8.30am,as u all noe,the parking place at there is damn limited.wen i reach there,there is no more parking place n i'm really rush on time so i saw at a "vvti" dealer shop there got a lot of place so i juz park it at there as i tot i'll juz park awhile den leave there.at 9am i went to my car to take smth n 1 of the vvti bitch wit camry come to ask me izzit juz park for a while so i said "yes,i'm juz park for a while"...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience