RON 97 or RON 95 for turbo?

turbolover : takde meh? my puny 4efte pun ade baii.. then, the next thing u shud do is retard ur timing manually lah.

just remember one thing, preignition kills ur engine much faster then boost does, lower RON indicates dat the fuel is more prone to preignition compared to a higher number. tuning is the keyword to remember here

turbolover : takde meh? my puny 4efte pun ade baii.. then, the next thing u shud do is retard ur timing manually lah.

just remember one thing, preignition kills ur engine much faster then boost does, lower RON indicates dat the fuel is more prone to preignition compared to a higher number. tuning is the keyword to remember here
This is embarrasing but how do i retard the timing manually?:hmmmm:

i think those high compression NA car will get more impact from turbo car with RON95 since their engine cant lower the compression on the spot while turbo car at least can lower the boost to reduce the compression in engine.

turbo to use ron95 or ron97
i dont think turbo is control by Ron
its up to your car's engine
if your car's engine minimum is to use Ron92 (which most car in the world), mean u can use Ron92 & Ron 95 or even Ron 97, Ron 100

from wikipedia
"The octane rating is a measure of the resistance of gasoline and other fuels to detonation (engine knocking) in spark-ignition internal combustion engines. High-performance engines typically have higher compression ratios and are therefore more prone to detonation, so they require higher octane fuel. A lower-performance engine will not generally perform better with high-octane fuel, since the compression ratio is fixed by the engine design."

i think those who mod the car extremely like high compression, advance ignition timing and high boost should stick back to RON97 since the car already tune with RON97 fuel. if the car have knock sensor and able to retard the timing itself then still fine la..else go retune back the car with RON95 is preferable.

just my 2 cents :)

the higher octane fuel will help to keep the injectors cleaner while lower octane does gives u more power...jz dat it makes the injector dirtier
thats wad my mech told me =)

Hmmm i tried ron 95 today on the way up to penang and knocking seems to be worst.power wise less powerful as i can normally accelerate from 70km/h on 5th gear with ease with ron97 but felt otherwise with ron 95.

knocking seems to be worst?
knocking is worst!
hahaha,so how do u know it was knocking?
and how did u solve the problem?

U know la proton not very good with sound proofing and i dont need a a/f meter can hear metal clanking between revs of 2.5k to 3.5k

knocking comes from the knocking sound the engine makes when pre ignition occurs

turbolover : just adjust the distributor lah

the higher octane fuel will help to keep the injectors cleaner while lower octane does gives u more power...jz dat it makes the injector dirtier
thats wad my mech told me =)

there are clean RON95 and there are dirty RON95.... just dunno which one we get in malaysia :hmmmm:

knocking comes from the knocking sound the engine makes when pre ignition occurs

turbolover : just adjust the distributor lah
Hmmm got to bring to mech la cos i dont know how to.maybe later i go pop my hood and try to pandai pandai see i know or not.:rofl:

---------- Post added at 08:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 AM ----------

there are clean RON95 and there are dirty RON95.... just dunno which one we get in malaysia :hmmmm:
Try the BHP la since they advertised the used of extra additives.I'm in Penang so cannot try.i think they have it at sg kayu ara.

Hmmm got to bring to mech la cos i dont know how to.maybe later i go pop my hood and try to pandai pandai see i know or not.:rofl:

---------- Post added at 08:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 AM ----------

Try the BHP la since they advertised the used of extra additives.I'm in Penang so cannot try.i think they have it at sg kayu ara.

waa... berani aa pandai2 main distributor...

then ur car be like the motorcycle incident in Seniman Bujang Lapok :rofl:

BHP is good.... so is ESSO/Mobil... Shell oredy establish... tested Caltex Techron (RON97) last week and so far I like it...:love:

No good experience wif Petronas so far :banghead:

Terbakar only ma haha(jk).then get my dream car,Supra.Damn!wanted to buy that supra in Penang but went there, sold already.

So far i already tried yesterday nite with rm30 for Caltex ron95 its really unbelieveable with the performance n from my friends said he tried the BHP more powerful then the Caltex...anyway cheers

Ya thats why i'm curious about the performance of BHP since they spent so much for the advert must mean something.

Top Bottom