Looking for body car painting

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Orange peel cannot really say much but for Perodua, their white cars initial few batches didn't use lacquer. Just base coat white and settle.

Then all their apple green cars all faded to almost goldish colours. Polish also cannot get back the green. No UV protection?
Solid white mah! sure no CC loh!
Your wife's Mivi, and I have a friend also Myvi, lime green, now yellowish.......hhahahhahaha:rofl:

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Orange peel cannot really say much but for Perodua, their white cars initial few batches didn't use lacquer. Just base coat white and settle.

Then all their apple green cars all faded to almost goldish colours. Polish also cannot get back the green. No UV protection?
They're actually 1k paint bro (just paint without lacquer)

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006

hahahah, that is so true. My auntie has this Myvi. The front part of the car has damn faded yellow/green due to her car porch size, while the rear of the car is still green.

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
I see someone from the perspective of detailing tried to share opinion but in such of thin angle. Aftermarket paint shop absolutely aren't justified to be poor than manufacture, if you are well experienced on detailing field it shouldn't be an issue to point out which car-maker produced better paint and which not. A fact that even different generation production qualities came out differently.

Also, when older aged cars paint are beyond care realistic. Repainting is the ideal option for owner.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I see someone from the perspective of detailing tried to share opinion but in such of thin angle. Aftermarket paint shop absolutely aren't justified to be poor than manufacture, if you are well experienced on detailing field it shouldn't be an issue to point out which car-maker produced better paint and which not. A fact that even different generation production qualities came out differently.

Also, when older aged cars paint are beyond care realistic. Repainting is the ideal option for owner.
Nowadays most of the car paint quite thin only. I remember seeing Myvi spare tyre area not even painted with body color.....

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hahahah, that is so true. My auntie has this Myvi. The front part of the car has damn faded yellow/green due to her car porch size, while the rear of the car is still green.
Hahaha should tell your auntie to park nose first now to even out the color! :biggrin:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Not that brother, if you go buy new car there are option for solid paint and metallic paint and the cost differs....:biggrin:
yalor, but the price range diff between solid and metallic paint is a huge gap leh. Besides, metallic paint isn't something exotic. It is a common thing today. Even my matchbox car has metallic paint. hahah

Anyway, profit never enuff for car manufacturers, so I am sure there are lots of ways to save money...

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
yalor, but the price range diff between solid and metallic paint is a huge gap leh. Besides, metallic paint isn't something exotic. It is a common thing today. Even my matchbox car has metallic paint. hahah

Anyway, profit never enuff for car manufacturers, so I am sure there are lots of ways to save money...
Actually bro d difference between solid n metallic is x that big a gap...its d type of paint, either 1k or 2k paint..(eg. 1k means just color with NO lacquer; 2k is color with lacquer)..that is y after some time d color fades aka 'mati'..usually u c this on certain company vans, skool busses, lorries etc..

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
fazidk : The CleanLaser fellas just replied me. Their lowest end machine is 45,000 Euros. Approximately RM200k after tax and all I estimate.

Bloody hell.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
fazidk : The CleanLaser fellas just replied me. Their lowest end machine is 45,000 Euros. Approximately RM200k after tax and all I estimate.

Bloody hell.
time to start saving!

since kak rossy can beli diamond ring worth a few million by saving sejak kecil, it should take you significantly less time to save 200k....

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
time to start saving!

since kak rossy can beli diamond ring worth a few million by saving sejak kecil, it should take you significantly less time to save 200k....
Save from young, bro. Izso lost many many years already.......hhahahhahahaha:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi sifus,

Need some help here.
Recently I've changed engine kosong (just block and head) from 4G92P to 4G93 SOHC.
Everything else remain stock from 4G92P.
This is originally a Wira 1.6 manual.
Right now I can only hit 300km/38L(about RM80) as compared to easily 500km/38L when it was still using the 4G92P.
New spark plugs were white (too lean) after 1 month.
I tried driving with extreme decency (shift below 3000rpm and cruise at around 80-100km/h only) but still unable to hit past...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience