My neo 1.6AT FC Problem

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

reefdee

Known Member
Mar 29, 2010
Putrajaya
try getting your hands on a 2nd hand 4-2-1 extractor.. this type of extractor is more low rev friendly.. it gives abit more power then your 4-1.. also when driving around try limiting your revving to 3.5k at most.. if drive short distances with lots of stop n go.. revving over 3.5k will surely eat your fuel fast..

fishyogurt

From Facebook
Aug 28, 2011
www.facebook.com
try getting your hands on a 2nd hand 4-2-1 extractor.. this type of extractor is more low rev friendly.. it gives abit more power then your 4-1.. also when driving around try limiting your revving to 3.5k at most.. if drive short distances with lots of stop n go.. revving over 3.5k will surely eat your fuel fast..
thx...but my rev is always 2k~3k only....im thinking of getting a new exhaust set too..but its not cheap and duno where to get..and which is good...now searching forums and studying them...

Jerry_ann

Sep 13, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
I am driving a satria neo AT 2006 with bolt on turbo (TD04).
Full tank i can get 300km++ 100% city drive, but it is same like before I BOT.
Only different is the driving style, last time without turbo always need high rev,
now with turbo max just rev 4k rpm then get enough torque.

Down your rims size + change to 4-2-1 header should help. Just my 2cent.

fishyogurt

From Facebook
Aug 28, 2011
www.facebook.com
I am driving a satria neo AT 2006 with bolt on turbo (TD04).
Full tank i can get 300km++ 100% city drive, but it is same like before I BOT.
Only different is the driving style, last time without turbo always need high rev,
now with turbo max just rev 4k rpm then get enough torque.

Down your rims size + change to 4-2-1 header should help. Just my 2cent.
thx for your info

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

well...if changing my rims to 16 inch and getting a set of exhaust...is gona cost alot i think...

poolupwai

Oct 13, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
bro, ur FC is outrageous!!! even my CPS does not drink petrol like i drink ais kosong. on average, i can clock 6.8L/100km in 100% city (im extremely light-footed, rev below 3k, probably the slowest CPS in town :biggrin:).

many things could contribute to bad FC,
1. dirty air filter
2. wrong exhaust setup
3. worn spark plugs
4. dirty throttle body
5. prolonged oil change, leading to dirty engine oil
6. wrong ignition timing (loss of power)
7. too much unsprung weight (wheels, tyres...)
8. ECU settings lari
9. YOUR RIGHT FOOT!!! :biggrin:

this list is not exhaustive, but it might give u an idea on what to look for when troubleshooting problems like bad FC. try to reset the ECU first (disconnecting the battery's negative terminal and reconnecting it.) neo's ecu is self learning type, hence u may want to try to reset it to factory default to see if things get better.

hope my 2sen helps :nurse:

autocrosser

Known Member
Aug 13, 2006
thx for your info

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

well...if changing my rims to 16 inch and getting a set of exhaust...is gona cost alot i think...
Well, Fishy, we feel for you. The unfortunate truth is that either you take and act on the advice from Jerry and co. or you keep pouring RM out of your tailpipe everytime you start your engine.

BTW, you still haven't tell us if your wheels aspect ratio are correct in relation to the factory sizing. Not that it matters to us but the best minds here (mine excluded:biggrin:) can't help you if they don't know the whole set-up.

Maybe you can sell your current wheels and find a secondhand set that is the correct size, that is if your wheels now are wrong sized. Or do something about the exhaust. You can also sell your current exhaust to fund your repair. Pick one. You have to start somewhere if you are going to solve your problem. Again, just my two cents. Best of luck.

fishyogurt

From Facebook
Aug 28, 2011
www.facebook.com
so its best that i change all the things in the list on top??

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

Well, Fishy, we feel for you. The unfortunate truth is that either you take and act on the advice from Jerry and co. or you keep pouring RM out of your tailpipe everytime you start your engine.

BTW, you still haven't tell us if your wheels aspect ratio are correct in relation to the factory sizing. Not that it matters to us but the best minds here (mine excluded:biggrin:) can't help you if they don't know the whole set-up.

Maybe you can sell your current wheels and find a secondhand set that is the correct size, that is if your wheels now are wrong sized. Or do something about the exhaust. You can also sell your current exhaust to fund your repair. Pick one. You have to start somewhere if you are going to solve your problem. Again, just my two cents. Best of luck.
ok..i'll check my wheels tomorrow

reefdee

Known Member
Mar 29, 2010
Putrajaya
do all that and still run around on 17" rim? :hmmmm:

my personal opinion.. best fc will achieve on 15" rims..
and honestly, no need fancy design rim.. just use those black iron rims with plastic cover.. kawtim.. :biggrin:

fishyogurt

From Facebook
Aug 28, 2011
www.facebook.com

My personal opinion.. Best fc will achieve on 15" rims..
And honestly, no need fancy design rim.. Just use those black iron rims with plastic cover.. Kawtim.. :biggrin:
16 =)?

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

my personal opinion.. best fc will achieve on 15" rims..
and honestly, no need fancy design rim.. just use those black iron rims with plastic cover.. kawtim.. :biggrin:
how many inch u use?

Jerry_ann

Sep 13, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
If you dont mind, you can even change to 15" rims because the tyres are much cheaper than 16 or 17" tyres. then you can save some cost over here, by trade in your 17", maybe you just need to top up hundreds bucks. Additionally if your 17" rim is taiwan made (which i believe it is), sure heavy like hell. Campro auto always higher fuel comsumption due to the bad low end, and now you are adding more weight on it with 17".

4-1 header is for mid to high rev. Hence i think it is not suitable for Campro Auto + City driving which always "stop and go".

And how long you spend up 1 tank of fuel? The longer time you took, then the more fuel will be evaporated or burnt to heat up you engine during cold start. Dont forget also if you always stuck in jam or idling your car.

Guys, correct me if i am wrong.

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
its much bigger then the original size imo, so u need to add sum percentage on the tripmeter reading

XlimShady

Known Member
Oct 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Had the same problem with my new CPS when I just got it. FC was 12/100km to 14/100km for city driving. Found out later it was due to my extremely heavy right foot.... had to learn how to drive sensible.... That time got new car too exicted. But now after 1 year + FC is great I would say. Average on my meter now 8.4L/100km. (city driving + long trips from perak to KL about twice a month)

Jerry_ann

Sep 13, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
With this tyre and rim size, you can add around 2.5% for your actual mileage.
But i have no idea your rims are made in which country.

monsh

Known Member
Mar 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
i'd say 15 is better for neo .
the lowered look and the lighter rim gives u a lot more power and better look as well :)

and change ur extractor to 4-2-1 .
and please be reminded when u buy a 2nd hand car, always go for standard maintenance at least .
best if u could spare some for top overhaul or even better, full overhaul :)

do like others said, check spark plug, air filter, clean throttle body, change 4-2-1, change to 15"

and i believe u could restore ur system.

Don't forget to reset ur ECU .

fishyogurt

From Facebook
Aug 28, 2011
www.facebook.com
i'd say 15 is better for neo .
the lowered look and the lighter rim gives u a lot more power and better look as well :)

and change ur extractor to 4-2-1 .
and please be reminded when u buy a 2nd hand car, always go for standard maintenance at least .
best if u could spare some for top overhaul or even better, full overhaul :)

do like others said, check spark plug, air filter, clean throttle body, change 4-2-1, change to 15"

and i believe u could restore ur system.

Don't forget to reset ur ECU .
thx for all the info and other guys too...will do it one by one....lots of $$ @_@

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

but if i change my rims back to 15 inch...can i change to a wider one?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

My name is Steven, i just change my engine from 4G15 to 4G93 SOHC.

Now my exhaust still maintance to stock, any my friend say that need to change bigger piping and also extrator, bullet and muffler, but i dont know what size was better on my car.

I got a bad experiance before on 4G15, i only change to straight bullet and top speed at 145km/h only, very teruk........
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience