For those.......

Darth

Known Member
May 10, 2005
Selangor
To Whom May It Concern.......

:X-:

Wanna do DIY their simple/cheap/easy heat shield or sumthing look alike pipercross viper....

an idea,maybe can used unused tupperware(bigger) for the filter......(same concept as VIPER)

sumthing like this

and then can route a ducting hoses as CAI(infront of tupperware)...plus wrapped the tupperware with superlon or sumthing....or carbon fibre sticker...:_:

HAppY DIY'ing!!!

Last edited:

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
concern here leh.......totally covered up the filter head?......then how to suck air?

give people......covered the whole kepala also mati sesak nafas loh......

suck few minutes no more air then how? lol

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
nolar... sure not totally cover up the filter head... didnt u notice the first picture with black hose??.. that one is CAI hose...

this is something similar to wira original airbox...

cover the filter with the box... somewhere below the box, make a hole to fit ur CAI hose and route ur CAI hose out to suck in cold air....

mivecmerah

500 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
connect to the bumper ar!!!cold air from infront.....wut i have c with the picture,there will not enough air for the filter.......how when u go 4for 150km/h?got problem ar?

jombiee

500 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
Ghombau
actually its an interesting DIY ! heat shield yeahh just cover it with carbon fiber sticker. nicely done

Darth

Known Member
May 10, 2005
Selangor
SkYwAlKeR said:
nice nice... that picture urs??...
anyway, anyone know where can buy cheap cheap bellmouth??.... i want 2 for my CAI hose...
can be DIY also using PVC pipe and heated....

Darth

Known Member
May 10, 2005
Selangor
gokokeng & mivecmerah:you guys ever heard about RAM AIR INDUCTION + CAI??
these are VIPER PIPERCROSS consist of....

Last edited:

Darth

Known Member
May 10, 2005
Selangor
gohkokeng said:
wrap with tupperware? can tahan the hot inside? won't melt?
no la..i wrote....wrap the tupperware with SUPERLON or etc....some tupperware put inside microwave melt ka?

Last edited:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
mivecmerah said:
connect to the bumper ar!!!cold air from infront.....wut i have c with the picture,there will not enough air for the filter.......how when u go 4for 150km/h?got problem ar?
yes, this kinda setup will some how cause a little restriction in air flow.... thus, i recommend this for normal street drive below 100kmh.... u'll get total cold air from outside....

if u are travelling constantly above 100kmh, i recommend u to remove the box...
i've tried experiement with my stock iswara airbox... normal urban drive, connect the CAI hose and suck air completely from outside... can feel more power at lower end.... but when travelling in highway, better remove the airbox for better airflow, coz high rpm will suck more air....

i've tried travelling in highway with the CAI hose and airbox, 120kmh @ 4k rpm
without CAI hose and airbox, 120kmh @ 3.8k rpm

yea, thats not much but in long term, it does save u about a quater of ur fuel tank...

jz my 2 cents...

Darth

Known Member
May 10, 2005
Selangor
its supposed to do some effect like RAM AIR INDUCTION..the more your car goes..the faster air get inside...create sumthing like 'natural supercharged'....only that air is not been compress by supercharger....think of it.....

killa626

Known Member
Jan 10, 2006
so bro darth, we punch a hole in front of the tupperware lah and tarik pvc hose until the front bumper ah..how big must the pvc piping be or is it up to us?i think can put in font of the air cond fan also rite?..thanks bro..
G.

Darth

Known Member
May 10, 2005
Selangor
ups to you la......i prefer goes for 2.5' ducting hose.

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
so the point here is.....wrap totally covered all your filter head with tupperwear that can stand MICROWAVE HEAT and korek a lubang to sambung a hose lead to taking cold air from outside the car lar?.......

like this do.....enuf suction or not?

1st = covered trapped by tupperwear
2nd = long hose to suck air from outside to filter head and filter head to combustion
3rd = i doubt when u start your engine need to turn your key 2-3 times to start hahaha

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

ball bearing turbo give out no white smoke when its spoiled ?

does turbo stop functioning if no oil reaches it?

how come bov's sucking air too? :X-:

any sifu in jb who can help see my car? :mouth_closed:
or recommended shops in jb?

using rhf4 turbo. :emoticon_U:

sorry for the noob Q's :embaressed_smile: :embaressed_smile:

*edit: my car's a total mess and i wants to fix it*
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience