tufoil with full synthetic

CcL

500 RPM
Nov 25, 2003
Hey... couldn't find anyone asking if tufoil mix well with mobil1 5w fully synthetic oil.... also how would tufoil affect the turbo cooling. coz my turbo is both oil and water cooled. hope i get a scientific answer that would clear my doubts and take a plunge to try out tufoil ;)

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Dude.. I don't understand why'd you'd want to use tufoil if you're using fully synth. Purpose of tufoil is to reduce friction in the pistons or something along those lines by lining the thingybob with a layer of tufoil which claims to be more slippery than teflon so reduced friction. But fully synth has the same function.. so you're just wasting money on unecessary things. Besides, long term usage of engine additives will result in sludge in your gasket. Recommend you ask your mechanic la.

No idea on the turbo thingy tho.. and how's it urs is a combo of both?

CcL

500 RPM
Nov 25, 2003
hmmm
tats why i ask ma ;) didn't seem right to add additives to mobile1
summore i service my car every 5500km

duno how the turbo cooling works ler... but i know its volvo OEM to have both water and oil cooled...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Full synth and change every 5500????? You either drag alot or you are filthy rich :)

OEM Turbo issit? That's the erm.. 'soft' turbo like in the S40/S60 issit? Does it really do anything for the car? I am a turbo-dummy.

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
There is a sharing from man10681 in Tufoil Review on the use of a branded synthetic plus Tufoil posted Oct 28.

Tufoil will enhance the quality of any oil, be it mineral or synthetic. The overriding important thing is still the coefficient of friction. If this figure is high, your engine suffers.An oil should not be judged by its type, i.e synthetic, semi-syn or mineral.

Most people go about in a trial and error way in search of the best lubricant. This practice is unavoidable because little information is available and nobody will say their lubricant is not so good. We suppose at the end of the day you are the best judge because you drive that car.You will want something that works for you regardless of whether it is a synthetic or mineral oil.

CcL

500 RPM
Nov 25, 2003
thank you...

izso... NOLA NOT RICH!!! :( me poor student...
the turbo is ori volvo... off a T5... td04hl-15g...
okla... little lag... tekan then go...
can push me over 188whp on a dumb auto tranny... :P

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
CcL, your car damn fast... could not even catch up with u... :(

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Originally posted by CcL@Nov 9 2004, 10:48
thank you...

izso... NOLA NOT RICH!!! :( me poor student...
the turbo is ori volvo... off a T5... td04hl-15g...
okla... little lag... tekan then go...
can push me over 188whp on a dumb auto tranny... :P
What kinda car you drive? Student can afford T5 turbo and volvo one??

I work and all I can afford is a stock Wira SE :P Wanna mod oso have to think twice cuz wanna keep fuel economy good. I wonder if there are ways to increase fuel economy?

stargate

Known Member
Oct 15, 2004
I keep hearing Tufoil reduce friction and reduce FC.
Anyone has any figures on the FC (km/l) before and after using Tufoil?

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
When the US government tested Tufoil, it was found to have the lowest coefficient of friction known to mankind, ie. 0.029.

The Canadian government tested Tufoil and recorded a 5.5% fuel savings.

Popular Mechanics magazine tested Tufoil over 2 years and said there was a 10.3% fuel savings.

Does anybody ever read the ZTH Tufoil Forums? There are over 10 topics on Tufoil and all these info can be found there.

toyota03

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
The best judge is urself. Try it and u will know. U only spend $59. If u like it, then carry on, or else just leave it.

My lingam opinion...

:)

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Dude.. I don't understand why'd you'd want to use tufoil if you're using fully synth. Purpose of tufoil is to reduce friction in the pistons or something along those lines by lining the thingybob with a layer of tufoil which claims to be more slippery than teflon so reduced friction. But fully synth has the same function.. so you're just wasting money on unecessary things. Besides, long term usage of engine additives will result in sludge in your gasket. Recommend you ask your mechanic la.

No idea on the turbo thingy tho.. and how's it urs is a combo of both?
my one leg agree with bro izso, one leg touching oil treatment. :confused:
sorry for bringing up old thread....:biggrin:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
my one leg agree with bro izso, one leg touching oil treatment. :confused:
sorry for bringing up old thread....:biggrin:
After going through plenty of oil additive brand, I am back to just oil only. More important to change your oil on time, than to add vitamins......lol

However I am still fascinated by metal treatment, but not sure prolong mix with oil will become how?:smokin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Naturally aspirated, turbo-charged, supercharged, hybrid, diesel. Does choice of powerplant matter very much these days? If there’s one thing I realize by now, it is the reality that a great driving car can have any of the abovementioned engines under their bonnets. I suppose in a sense, you could say that we at Zerotohundred are unbiased that way – irrespective of engine type or...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience