ZTH KuChiNG zone

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
Oh wow that sucks...when is estimated time of completion? hehehe

alphangadan

Apr 20, 2006
Kuching
Hopefully by September. I plan to drive back this Raya as tickets are extremely expensive right now.

Getting myself a hybrid turbo from Ah Sin, tomei 264 cams + valve springs + adjustable sprockets, gonna opt for 1jz pistons instead, king bearings & trust washer for my bottom end, SARD 550cc injectors, excedy racing clutch and 3' straight stainless steel all the way. Should be good enough for 1.2 bar. Once I get my hands on arp studs for main and heads plus tomei mg, I'll go boost higher...

series5401

Known Member
Aug 14, 2010
Kuching
hey bros.. how are you guys.. long time never lepak again.. sorry bros.. now have to go outstation.. going back on weekend but schedule is tight.. hope one day can meet u guys.. heheheee..

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
oits doing ok hehe...nowadays stadium quite happening..feels like how it was during 2009 haha

Jac83

Known Member
Apr 29, 2007
Aloha, still around but more on silent mode hehe. My ride just sent back to the workshop. Got a couple of nagging issue need to be sorted out, alignment of my exhaust manifold to fit in air filter, head gasket(top overhaul) and cv joints. Should be back after a week.

Alpha: sorry to hear that, lucky me the e-manage blue works well with no issues of whatsoever.

series5401

Known Member
Aug 14, 2010
Kuching
2009? walauweh.. miss that time.. starts on 2004, hoo.. bros, please attach pic la if u all go hang out.. then i can see wats happening over there..

alphangadan

Apr 20, 2006
Kuching
Jac83: Take my experience as a lesson for future petrol heads. So far Emanage blue hardly fail. But of course better go stand alone like haltech. I think the S500 is quite reasonably priced. Tomei cams arrived today compliments to Raymond Wong and King bearings + trust washer from Wira tak laju....

Attachments

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
Jac83: Take my experience as a lesson for future petrol heads. So far Emanage blue hardly fail. But of course better go stand alone like haltech. I think the S500 is quite reasonably priced. Tomei cams arrived today compliments to Raymond Wong and King bearings + trust washer from Wira tak laju....
bro, the king bearing is good enough already? cause hard to choose between acl and king bearing, can help give opinion? otw rebuilding like you

alphangadan

Apr 20, 2006
Kuching
Peterj: In terms of pricing King Bearings still the cheapest. ACL slightly more about 100 - 200 more. I have no scientific proof but heard from other ACL bearings tend to brittle when it's abuse to the max, whereas King tend to dent or bend a bit I think. But overall I would say king bearings the way to go. Price to power ratio still worth it...

Tofu: 270 degrees... Still wrap nicely in my room. Can't wait to bring it back to Kch next week for installation. A new turbo is on the way plus cp pistons. Plan to boost 1.7 bar. A set of ARP studs for my main and head are on the way to hold the heads together as I'll be getting forged CP pistons....

Last edited:

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
how much power expected? wat bout cam gears / valve springs / retainers?

alphangadan

Apr 20, 2006
Kuching
At 1.5 boost, I'm expecting to touch 280 - 300hp. Tomei poncams comes with racing springs. No cam gears. Plan to buy bc retainers.. Still sourcing.

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
At 1.5 boost, I'm expecting to touch 280 - 300hp. Tomei poncams comes with racing springs. No cam gears. Plan to buy bc retainers.. Still sourcing.
target higher man, sr20 should be that low powered if 1.5bar with cams(unless u specially tuned it like that for specific application)....mine b.o.t b16 0.7 bar with stock internal that almost kaboom gave me 233whp and 244nm already man..... good luck for u:driver:

alphangadan

Apr 20, 2006
Kuching
A seasonal drag racer told me once, it's not the hp that determines the quarter mile time but rather your traction and other minor factors. I'm just keeping my hopes at that hp. Any higher than that is a bonus hehehehe

My target is of course >400hp but I'm not going to push the motor all the way to achieve that horse with my current setup. I'm thinking of keeping my internals stock except for the bearings. To safely run 400hp, I need eagle rods, ported polish head, ARP studs for head and main, forged pistons, bigger injectors thereto aftermarket fuel rail, bigger throttle,... All depends on budget.

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
yeah to be safe we need all those u mentioned...just in case we get a batch of bad fuel...or etc. etc. kaboom hehe

orang putehs have managed 5xx hps with stock block, interesting eh...but risky haha

ill most likely be sticking with stock HG for a quite sometime, id rather get the gasket to blow first compared to internals haha...a much easier job...so ill see how long it'll last at current boost / hp levels

if im not mistaken tomei or hks suggested HG to be changed at 300 whp and 1.2 bar...something lidat lah...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

print out the pic outline that i wan cut

here is the sticker...

stick the outline pic on the sticker..& follow the outline cut..wif cutter

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience