Xmods RC

Edward Chew

1,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
how much... ermm... i want to sell it together with my car....coz stop playing edi...

i got 1 gold 350z with gold rim and 1 yellow nsx with black rim... both nice car...
Oh. You got the 350z already. haha. Didn't tell me punya. Ya. I don't feel that happy with the xmods too. Lack of accesorries. Only The Mines has more stock. No race yet. ai... I just slowly play play lo. And the power also always not consistent.
Sakamoto. How much you bought the Kyosho AWD? Mini-Z is it? Im quite interested. hehe

Here's mine with handmade light.

Could find any suitable small stickers. That the only HKS sticker that can fit. haha. And this car is ugly with stripes.

Last edited:

juman

Known Member
Nov 4, 2004
wa geng .. got HID liao :P Edward's car , :) nice nice
and what is up with teh HKS sticker ?

mmm actually i been surfing around the net . and some web forums. feel like buying the 1.10 RC electric powered or the 1.18 ones "HPI Micro RS4" which is also electric powered.

but i don't think the Micro RS4 is famous in Malaysia. compare with those 1:10 D one .

check out this website Hobby Performance Centre Sdn Bhd which is selling Micro RS4 for RM400 only . dunno got include controller or not . the car can drift straight away liao.

cause xmod you buy the car RM200 plus a AWD RM99 already 300 .
somemore . upgrades this and that .. and the model is smaller compare with micro RS4. like Xmod it can be use indoor or outdoor no problem check out the official website HPI Racing | RTR Micro Drift Product tour

mm got alot of stuff to mod . it is something like 1:10 RC but scale down version. complexity is less loh. "the main advantage is. it can use indoor without any problems : ) can drift kao kao .

one big problem . it faces the same problem like xmod . not much people playing it .Don't have a proper discussion on micro RS4 in malaysia.

but well i don't mind to be the 1st one or few 1st person to endure to this hobby. :P if i am the 1st one lah.

again it is cheaper compare with 1:10D and .. but when you got to juice to upgrade . be prepare to spend big bucks :P

satriaSssEeeZzz

Known Member
May 12, 2005
K.L/Cyberjaya
haha edward... ya i buy the 350z edi...but now thinking want to mod my tamiya ta04 chasis...i used to play big2 car before this but stop edi due to financial problem some more many part need to change... btw heard that r/c shop in sunway got sell the drift package either tamiya or hpi etc... wanna check there later on.... edward i just fix my 4wd...but seems lack of power... dunno because of what lah...

Edward Chew

1,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
Juman, ya, the RS4 quite good la, in terms of quality. So i think the accuracy is good as well. Toycity selling that for RM1029 or around like that.
Juman, you sure the RS4 is RM400 ah? I couldn't see it. hehe

Satria, i think that is the AAA problem. After i use AA, now got a lot of power. But 2 days ago macam lack of power again. dam xmods.

br0ther9630

Feb 16, 2007
thats the problem with malaysia... lack of support. its disappointing lah in a way. the only thing thats famous are the tamiya cars, but they're way out of my budget and all i want from an RC now is to drift it cause its kinda cool. i chose xmod due to its size so i can drift in my living room and its quite fast given the stage 2 motor... if one can find it. well actually wats up with toycity, they sell these cars and they well know if people buy it they'll upgrade, so why aren't the upgrades readily available? and it would help if they would do orders too... right?

yeah i've read and checked out the kyosho and HPI RCs. i'm sure they're good... but a bit pricy haha (im just a student). hopefully one day can gather with u guys and race xmods lah haha

juman

Known Member
Nov 4, 2004
Edward : mm yeah the price is RM400 stated there "Kit + Motor + body" but not sure about the controller. cause never stated there Untitled Document. you refer to the section with the sub tittle [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]D1-10RC "Drift" Micro Kits.
if you notice that is actually a HPI Micro RS4 :) HPI Racing | High Performance R/C Car Products.
visit the website and check it out . RM1k above is super pricey leh ToyCity's toys damn expensive. especially those RC . not worth it Normally when you buy with other Outside RC shops .. it is cheaper. That is why until now i still haven't decide to buy xmod or not . cause the price all very tempting in the website. 1:10D Drift Kit RM799 only :P hehehehe

Satria: yeah I agree with you, need support on no mater what you are playing. especially RC. again Toy City punya price all hike up like nuts . If you do a comparison with those Hobbyshops outside . It is way cheaper :)

[/FONT]

Edward Chew

1,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
Ya. Really pricey. Until they have to give 20 to 50 percent of discount recently. The business is coming down already. haha. They are the retailer, the earn 200% of the original price, so we bought it at the price of 300%. Just like the price of the real car in malaysia, around 200% import tax. haha
From the information i have gathered, actually our cars are from Japan. Radio Shacks UK has stop the production but Hpiracing continue selling it and the SLR i got now is only available in the Asia and Europe market. hehehe. The price here and the one from HPIracing japan not much different la. Ya, is cheaper there on the website, but how bout the "import tax"? haha. Cost more than your upgrades. haha

Last edited:

Edward Chew

1,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
Ha. You wan't the Xmods Evo ah? Then lagi susah to get the parts wor. And only 2 or 3 models available.
Another thing, that'y the McLaren SLR is not available in the official website of xmods. haha. xmodsrc.com.
I want a Skyline. but no more liao. haha

Edward Chew

1,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
I mean only 2 or 3 models of Evo cars available. I don't mean they are available in Toycity. hehe

And, i think i have a good news for you since you have mentioned that you wan a car that can drift but tamiya's cars are out of you budget. I just went to Times Square, spotted 1 china made 1/10 RC car. It is a replica of one of the tamiya's 1/10, the TL01 chassis . It is a 4WD. since we need 4WD to drift in the RC World. I think this thing will do. That guy selling for RM120. I wanna buy it but planning to get it through wholesaler which most probably costing around RM80. hehe. Just went to a wholesaler, but he was still in CNY, not open yet. haha

Last edited:

satriaSssEeeZzz

Known Member
May 12, 2005
K.L/Cyberjaya
edward me oso interested in big r/c drift... i already got TA04SS chassis... full ball bearing... fast lah but since you are talking about TL01... whats the good thing in TL01?... so lazy to search about TL01 lah...maybe u can tell me..

Edward Chew

1,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
NO. I don't own any of those chassis yet. haha. Im a student la. haha.
Good thing about TL01, cheaper la. haha......i think..... that's what i witness.
Did you do any race with your TA04SS?

br0ther9630

Feb 16, 2007
WOAH! china made TL10? if it DRIFTS wat do i care! haha. actually did u see it in action? i'll ready my cash if its fast too haha. and which shop did u check out?

GNandGS

Known Member
Feb 24, 2006
My other posts were deleted... so I will state up front: I do not have XMODS for sale. Nor do I have parts...

What I CAN do is import them if there is any market for it. Likely for better prices but certainly for variety. Would be current EVO stuff unless used.

If no interest then I'll let this die off. If there is interest I will make an effort to set this up and announce it elsewhere when ready.

Got to be more than one or two here and there though!

Finally, I like that race idea - even though I drive terrible. I have the EVO Mustang with AWD and motor upgrad. Bearings too. I have a light kit and body kit but havent installed.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The go-kart circuit at the Sepang International Circuit (SIC) was recently refurbished and has been relaunched together with a new operator in charge that will now co-manage the go-kart circuit with SIC.

Designed by renowned Formula One track designer Hermann Tilke, the man responsible for the layout of SIC’s main track as well as other tracks on the Formula One calendar, the go-kart track is 1.247km long...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience